Main Street Electrical Parade & Wishes on same night?

Cbsmith

Earning My Ears
My wife, 7yo son, and I are planning our first ever WDW trip. We are booked for a week in November and are just trying to plan out our week so we get in everything that we want to.

I am wondering if it is possible to see the Main Street Electrical Parade the Wishes fireworks on the same night since they are an hour apart. If it is possible, is there a place that is good to watch both of them or would we need to move between them? I would like to be in a good spot to see, but with a 7 year old child I don't want a spot that I have to get to hours before the parade.

Thanks

We are going to our first WDW trip late Oct early Nov and I had planned on trying to see MSEP and Wishes in the same night but to see both that means you have to stake out a spot to view the parade at least a half hour before the parade starts. then after it is over you have 40 minutes to stand in that same spot holding your place to wait for wishes. So you will be in that one spot just standing there for almost 2 hours. I don't know if my family is going to want to do that.

My wife, 7yo son, and I are planning our first ever WDW trip. We are booked for a week in November and are just trying to plan out our week so we get in everything that we want to.

I am wondering if it is possible to see the Main Street Electrical Parade the Wishes fireworks on the same night since they are an hour apart. If it is possible, is there a place that is good to watch both of them or would we need to move between them? I would like to be in a good spot to see, but with a 7 year old child I don't want a spot that I have to get to hours before the parade.

Thanks

Looking at a map of MK, you could see the parade and Wishes close to the Plaza Restaurant. Probably best to arrive early and get a spot near the curb to give you a good view. Main Street Bakery is nearby also.. so you can get a snack while you waited. Another bonus is the restrooms are nearby in case your son needs to go. This is where we were last xmas.

When we went a couple weeks ago we watched the parade in Fronteirland. You can sit on one of those planter walls and nobody can be in front of you there. You will however probably need to snag your spot early. When we got there 45 minutes before the parade was to start those spots were already taken. Also, at that location it is where the parade ends so it starts about 30-45 minutes later there. When we watched it was to start at 9:00. It was probably 9:45 before it got to Fonteirland. Do you want to see the castle during the fireworks? If not you can do what we did. Walk up to the top of the hill where the exit for BTMRR is. You will be right under them. However, the fireworks that are low around the castle you will not be able to see because of the tree line. You can also stand on the bridge where you can see the castle (it was very uncrowded) but be advised the fireworks will not look like they are over the castle because that is an illusion created by Disney. Only when you are standing on main street does it look like they are right behind the castle.

We've seen both in one night many, many times. We have never sat for over an hour to get a good spot for any parades. Typically we'll get there just a little under and hour before parade time and there are always still spots to be found. I find that if we watch the parade from Main Street, sitting along the curb DH and I were able to take turns taking our sons into the shops or to get a snack, that helps the time pass. We did this when they were younger, 2 and 4ish. Now that they are older we tell them that if they want to see the parade they must wait, they are old enough to understand and to have patience. Most of the time there are CMs with these huge balls and they come through to play with and entertain the children in the crowd.

After the parade we go into the shops, sometimes get a snack at the ice cream shop or bakery. When the time comes for Wishes we just stroll up to an empty spot right behind the hub and have a wonderful view with the castle front and center. There really is no need to stay put for the fireworks because the CMs try to keep people from standing put in the streets until just before Wishes. When the CMs allow it the crowd fills the streets just prior to the fireworks starting.

We also watch both in one night. We love to watch from right in front of the ice cream shop on Main Street. Sometimes we'll be lucky enough to grab a table for the Fireworks. I also love to stand in the middle of Main Street for the fireworks, oddly enough. It just seems so special there.

We bought dd a bubble gun from one of the carts and she had a blast playing bubbles with other nearby kids while we waited for the parade.

We are going to our first WDW trip late Oct early Nov and I had planned on trying to see MSEP and Wishes in the same night but to see both that means you have to stake out a spot to view the parade at least a half hour before the parade starts. then after it is over you have 40 minutes to stand in that same spot holding your place to wait for wishes. So you will be in that one spot just standing there for almost 2 hours. I don't know if my family is going to want to do that.

Maybe you and your family wouldn't but hundreds of families do this each and every night at the MK. As a matter of fact, based on my observations of probably a hundred visits to the MK, I dare say that MOST families that procure a good spot for both the parade and FW viewing (And there are a LOT of places ideal for both), rarely, if ever, give up that spot until the FW have passed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter