Main Street Electrical Parade to stay Spectromagic leaving.

From Al Lutz, " (The return of the Electrical Parade floats next year is the wild card, as varying proposals to slot it back in to either DCA or Disneyland’s daily entertainment roster are currently being floated around, pardon the pun)"

This is from the section titled "Morning Mouse"
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al062111a.htm

Granted Al Lutz is only about %40 correct and only %10 of that being "news" to anyone that follows DLR.

I hope so I want to SE a refurbished Spectro make it's return.

What time in the evening does the electrical parade usually start in the summer?

I Hope not... Spectro is THE most overrated parade ever at Disney. I'd rather keep the FAR SUPERIOR MSEP. I'll finally watch again... have had to endure the agony of the garbage of spectromagic for too long.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

This is just wrong on so many levels. Most people who have seen both prefer one over the other, for various reasons. However, I think the vast majority of people would say that both are quality parades.

awdwnut

This rumor is dead MSEP will go back to DCA Spectro will return.

I am in the "prefer Spectro" camp, though I can't say I hate MSEP - I don't really know how you hate one versus the other as the similarities are greater than the differences - I guess I don't mind seeing MSEP one more time in November, but hope by our next trip (which likely won't be until 2013) we get to see Spectro again. I just prefer the music 100% over MSEP.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but why don't they just build another set of floats and alternate nightly so everyone is happy.

Oh that's right the hanchos upstairs :sad2:

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but why don't they just build another set of floats and alternate nightly so everyone is happy.

They're NOT the same floats nor is the casting or cast training the same. Spectro floats are sitting, covered up waiting for whatever their future holds in store.

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people saying they like the music from MSEP. We enjoyed Spectro in the past and saw MSEP for the first time in June.

The music for MSEP was horrible. I don't think we'll ever watch this parade again. Listening to this music over and over made me want to go ride IASW, just to get a different song in my head. :)

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people saying they like the music from MSEP. We enjoyed Spectro in the past and saw MSEP for the first time in June.

The music for MSEP was horrible. I don't think we'll ever watch this parade again. Listening to this music over and over made me want to go ride IASW, just to get a different song in my head. :)

It's a nostalgia thing. Granted, if MSEP debuted for the first time ever today, it would be lampooned. But if you consider it debuted in the early 70s at Disneyland...it was pretty special back in those days.

:rotfl2: that's exactly what I wanted to do too!

It's a nostalgia thing. Granted, if MSEP debuted for the first time ever today, it would be lampooned. But if you consider it debuted in the early 70s at Disneyland...it was pretty special back in those days.

How funny! The first time I saw MSEP was in 2003, so the nostalgia factor wasn't there for me, but I absolutely adored it, music and all. When I first saw SpectroMagic in 2009, I did not like it at all- the music annoyed me, the floats seemed sub-par and it just wasn't as engaging. I said afterwards that the only reason I would see it again would be because I was staking out a spot for Wishes. :) Good thing we all have different opinions- that means that someone out there is always enjoying the show, even if that person isn't you!

For spetromagic I was always creeped out by those guys spinning around at the beginning :)

I haven't seen MSEP yet, it was rained out when my family planned to see it.

I happen to like the main street electical parade. I have the original song on my ipod but it's not the same as seeing it in person. :woohoo:. Im hoping it will be there in december when i go with my family. we are thinking of also going to mickey's not so scary halloween but will need to buy tickets and i have no idea how much they cost. would like to see MSEP atleast one more time before they send it off to another park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter