• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Street Electrical Parade coming to DL

Super excited to hear this, just wish it would be there the week we're going! I'm going to have to convince my fiancé to go back next year so we can take our son to see it :)

Understand the nostalgia, but I agree with the others. After seeing it last December, it looks tired, MSEP needs to be retired. I hope it is a short run-crossing fingers we get PTN back or something similar-BEST.PARADE.EVER!

Really hoping that PtN is showing during the Holiday season while I'm there in November.

I get that some people have attachments to MSEP, but I saw it way back when and I don't feel the same way. It should've been retired when they retired it. Just look at the pics from the Disney Parks Blog. It looks like my house when I put up the Christmas lights myself instead of hiring a professional. While flashy, the lines of lights aren't quite straight and not all the bulbs burn the same. For this day and age, it just looks cheap. And that soundtrack....I'm a fan of it for about the first 60 seconds. The hat-tip that PtN gives to the MSEP intro helps preserve the nostalgia for me.

The good news is that PtN may stick around. As it should!!! There's no reason for it to leave DL. WDW has nightly entertainment at all 4 parks - firework/light shows that are awesome and don't get cancelled at the hint of wind. DL NEEDS to have PtN.

I've never been much of a parades person so I've missed this on my last three WDW trips.

However I am going to Disneyland in January 2016 so maybe I'll finally try to catch it there.

So am I the only person worrying that "this popular parade will return on select nights during the holiday season later this year" may just be Disney's plan to placate guests when they introduce paid parties for the holiday season this year? Maybe Paint the Night is the nighttime parade that will run on non-party nights? This is PURELY SPECULATIVE on my part. I haven't even seen posted rumors. But this just seems like such a set-up, the way Disney does things. They put out these little crumbs of good news to thrill the masses and then land something big like a huge price increase that infuriates everyone, then they toss out some more placating gestures. And yet I still love Disneyland and keep going back. lol

I lit up when I read that! Oh Happy Day!!!
It's a classic. It brings back such wonderful, nostalgic memories. Sure it's dated, but can you imagine if it were any different?
Paint The Night seems like the updated version to me. That's the best parade Disney has ever done (in my opinion). I'm sad to see that will be limited but to see both at Disneyland is awesome.

I feel bad for WDW.....I mean, what's left? I hope something is in the works. They need a great parade to replace ELP. I always thought they would replicate PTN for WDW. It only makes sense.

So am I the only person worrying that "this popular parade will return on select nights during the holiday season later this year" may just be Disney's plan to placate guests when they introduce paid parties for the holiday season this year? Maybe Paint the Night is the nighttime parade that will run on non-party nights? This is PURELY SPECULATIVE on my part. I haven't even seen posted rumors. But this just seems like such a set-up, the way Disney does things. They put out these little crumbs of good news to thrill the masses and then land something big like a huge price increase that infuriates everyone, then they toss out some more placating gestures. And yet I still love Disneyland and keep going back. lol

I've been wondering about that very thing.

If ever they were going to add a party, doing it this year when they could offer up PTN as a consolation prize to regular park goers for losing the Christmas parade and fireworks would be the time.

I know this is sacrilege to say on the DL boards, but as someone who didn't get to experience the parks as a child and therefore never saw the revered MSEP until his first trip to WDW in his late 30's, I was extremely underwhelmed by the experience.

I can absolutely understand the excitement of those of you who have fond childhood memories of MSEP and will now have a chance to experience it again - just a word of caution that after PTN (which I always describe as MSEP on steroids), your expectations may need to be tempered. I certainly hope that isn't the case for those of you counting the minutes until its return, and that watching it makes you feel like a kid again.

My speculation: PTN the night stays on west coast through holidays (MK will have its Christmas parade which they can run on more than just party nights). After the holidays, it heads east so that in January we have "limited run" of MSEP and they get PTN. I haven't read anything that says we will have PTN after the holidays (I might have missed that). And I can't imagine MK would not have a good night time parade (particularly with FP+ for parade spots). I'm more worried about what happens at DL once MSEP ends its limited run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter