Main Street Barber Shop

Tinkerbells2000

Disney Mom of 4
I'm wanting to take my son here while we are on vacation. Do you need to make a reservation? Or, is it walk in's only? Also, how much is it? This is not a first haircut, but I just thought it would be fun for him. :earboy2:

It's great fun - the kids LOVE it. DS did it 2 trips ago and chose blue dye for his hair. The barber even made a blue mickey in the back of his head. The "pixie dust" they sprinkle on is fun and he got SO many compliments. He kept his on for 2 days before he allowed us to shampoo his head.

When we went we were taken immediately and it was early in the morning - within an hour of park opening.

During our trip last year we tried on 3 different days to get it done and everytime we checked the line up was long (1 hour+) so he wasn't able to do it. :confused3

Hopefully you'll hit a time when the lines are short :)

My friend and I got our hair done there for the first time the other day. Its so cool. If you just want color and pixie dust its only $5 per person, I thought that was pretty cheap.
Here are some picture of my friends hair, I didnt get a chance to download all my pics so I cant post a pic of my hair yet. (sorry they are so big! I dont know how to resize them :guilty: )
hair.jpg

hair2.jpg

hair3.jpg

hair4.jpg

::MickeyMo

We did this on our trip to Disney and it was great. You don't need a reservation but it is kinda hit and miss as far as how long you wait. We got in line with only 2 people in front of us however after being in line 5 minutes there was about 15 people in line behind us. If the line is long just come back. I would try to get it done right away so that he can sport his new hairdo all day. It is a really small shop so even with only 2 people in front of us it took a little while. My 2yo got her first haircut there with some pixie dust/no color and my dd11 got blue hair dye with a mickey head and pixie dust/no haircut. We also had my husbands 13yo brother who has a short spikey hair cut and he got a cut, red dye and mickey head on the back of his head and pixie dust. He didn't realize they were going to put pixie dust on and nearly had a heart attack at first. His I think looked the best because of the short hair it made mickeys head look perfect. Well when they got out of there and everyone was looking at them and complimenting them and asking where they could get there hair done they were so excited to be the center of attention. They were smiling ear to ear. I was kinda afraid about the blue washing out of my dds hair (I thought mabe she would have a green tint all wk) but it came out just fine. They want to do it again on our next trip. I have some pictures but no scanner so sorry I can't share.

I took my son for his 7th birthday.. they cut, dyed and put a mickey on his head and sang happy b-day to him.. it was awsome...

DD8 and DS4 just did this. Lots of fun! DS would not have enjoyed the pixie dust or the color, so he got a whole strip of stickers! DD's barber was a little more fun for her, but DS's was more fun for DH and me. As we were leaving I heard a different guest say, "It is a real barber shop. Who comes to Disney for a haircut?" :rotfl2: DD got the pixie dust and pink gel.

Something else...we saw the Robin Hood characters come out while we were there (almost 5pm). DS got to play and dance with Prince John, Friar Tuck and Robin Hood before anyone else even realized they were out.

I'm really going to have to make a trip report. We had such a wonderful time, thanks to all our dis friends!

Our girls did this yesterday too! They needed back-to-school haircuts, so why not? They loved the pink gel and pixie dust. :wizard: Maura was their barber and she was so sweet. Our youngest recieved "first haircut" Mickey ears :earsgirl: and a certificate. Lots of stickers and lots of smiles. They almost liked it better than Splash Mountain. ;)

Everyone at the airport kept asking them where they had their hair done. They really felt like princesses.

Now...if only I could run the vacuum in the bathroom without waking them up! The shower and floor is covered! But they loved it.

We did this for my son when he was five and we got some great pics. They were excellent. This year i am hoping we will have time to do it again. We wanted to do it in May when we went but everytime we stopped by there were hords of people there !! :rolleyes:

The pic in my signature was a few weeks ago. We just walked in, no wait. Our barber Michael was AWESOME! My DS had the best time walking around MK with the hidden Mickey on the back of his head and the blue gel that was spiked in his hair.

This looks so amazing. Does anyone else have any pictures to share???
Thanks
Suzy v

These are pics of my kids on various trips:

Img_1947.jpg

Img_1946.jpg

Dscf0063.jpg

Dscf0054.jpg

Dscf0052.jpg

Dscf0051.jpg

Dscf0047.jpg

Dscf0046.jpg

20031126_033.jpg

20031126_029.jpg

MickeyHair.jpg

Mickeyhair2.jpg

and we also met this nice gentleman who worked for Disney. He was getting his and his son's haircuts when we were there. This was their first time and they didn't bring a camera so I took pics of him and his son:
dscf00625zl.jpg

I got gelled and dusted last week myself. 1 word of caution in hot humid weather it takes that gell forever to dry. I was sweaty enough all that the gel didn't really dry to well.

I did this the last day I was in the parks wore the gel and dust home leaving a trail of magic from WDW to home and some of the magical dust fell off into my luggage as I unpacked it fell onto the furniture and floor. I made a point of tracking the magic all over to spread my magic thru out my luggage and house. I'll be finding that magic for a very long time I'm sure.

Yet today when I swept bathroom floor there was a mickey stuck on the floor I left him there. Pixie dust and mickeys are not dirt they are magic ;)

I'm waiting to get my DD(1.5) first haircut in Dec. DH is going nuts because her bangs are so long. I read that someone got their child's first hair cut and got a special certificate and pair of mickey ears. Is that an extra charge? I don't mind paying for them and do you have to make special arrangments?

I can't wait to get my daughter's first haicut done there. My son has been looking at the pictures on this thread with me and he can't wait to get his hair colored! Thank you for the pictures :flower: .

LoriDee said:
I'm waiting to get my DD(1.5) first haircut in Dec. DH is going nuts because her bangs are so long. I read that someone got their child's first hair cut and got a special certificate and pair of mickey ears. Is that an extra charge? I don't mind paying for them and do you have to make special arrangments?

Yes, your child gets a special set of Mickey ears that say "First Haircut" on the back and a special certificate. It is such a fun time!

Here's DS getting his first haircut last December -- note the Mickey stickers all over the front of him to keep his attention looking down :)

Nickhaircut2.jpg

Nickhaircut4.jpg

Nickhaircut3.jpg

metivier said:
Yes, your child gets a special set of Mickey ears that say "First Haircut" on the back and a special certificate. It is such a fun time!

Here's DS getting his first haircut last December -- note the Mickey stickers all over the front of him to keep his attention looking down :)

Nickhaircut2.jpg

Nickhaircut4.jpg

Nickhaircut3.jpg

That is soooo cute! I can't wait to get DD's hair done. DS just asked if he could get his done there too.

metivier said:

Nickhaircut2.jpg

Nickhaircut4.jpg

Nickhaircut3.jpg

Thanks for sharing those great pictures. Your son is so cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter