• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Street Bakery

I saw the menu for Cosmic Rays and it has Carrot Cake, but haven't tried it myself yet. Might be worth a look to see if it is the same as MSB. If anyone on here has had the Carrot Cake from Cosmic Rays, let us know how it compares. I am now on a mission to find that elusive Carrot Cake for my upcoming trip!

Is that the cake in a cup?

The cake I remember and that I think OP is referring to is back when MSB had those LARGE cakes. And you would get a tall slice. It was one of the best carrot cakes I have ever had.

The ones in the cup aren't terrible -- I find then okay for a mass produced concoction. But it was nothing like what MSB served several years back. Not sure of those cakes were made off site and brought in. But it didn't seem that way.

I miss the apple and cherry turnovers the bakery had and I am NOT a fan of Starbucks over priced coffee. My friend Sandy and I went in there last year and didn't see anything that apealed to either of us. That's now one store I can pass up.

I do think it stinks when a food item you once loved is gone. I still miss the chocolate non-pareils they used to have. They were huge and delicious!

Agreed. For me it's the French toast loaf. Now that's a breakfast treat that I miss!

I would think you of all people would admit that the "cinn buns" were removed from the bakery long before they switched to Starbucks coffee.

I also don't think the removal of the few tables they had is a great tragedy. I don't think in all of my trips I was ever able to get seating at one. Not to mention, they made the whole area terribly cramped and clausterphobic.

I do think it stinks when a food item you once loved is gone. I still miss the chocolate non-pareils they used to have. They were huge and delicious!

No, you are wrong - we were there right before the closure and we had our final scrumptious cinnamon buns before leaving.

Also, loved dearly the 'soda shop' feel to the MSB, and never had any problems getting a table when there for our morning 'fix'. A few times we waited a few minutes, but not bad. Loved it, but have not/will not return.

I never tried carrot cake at the MK but I am keeping up with all the Frozen updates at Hollywood Studios for my daughter and there is an Olaf snowman cupcake that is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and looks delicious! I am not sure if they can be purchased anywhere besides HS though

Thank you everyone for your replies. I almost forgot I had made this post until the other day! I had heard that the cinnamon buns had moved to Gaston's. I had also suggested that we check out Starring Rolls at DHS. I've heard that place is really good.

As far as the coffee, I had read soooo many people complain about the terrible coffee in Trip Reports. One family went so far as to find out what coffee makers were in their room and bring their own coffee pods so they wouldn't have to drink the nesCRAPe. When I was at Disney on my Honeymoon last year, They had the Joffery's coffee and it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised.

I know its not at Magic Kingdom, but I also really like the carrot cake at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Its a must for me each trip!

We may be staying at POFQ, so maybe we'll take a trip over to Riverside and try this out. Thanks for this suggestion!

I knew my fellow Dis'ers wouldn't let me down! You guys have never steered me wrong. :thumbsup2

I can't believe it, no more Main Street Bakery? Just went to the "menu" and it looks like no baked goods, just the over-caffeinated awful Starbucks coffees. We have always stopped at the bakery on the way out of MK to pick up some treats for breakfast the next morning. No more Apple Charlotte?? And worse yet, for a Starbucks??
Over-caffeinated...

Surprisingly, the longer a coffee is roasted, the less caffeine it retains :)

This again?

I've been told by my coffee lover friend to ask for the blonde roast at Starbucks. It isn't bitter supposedly. I wouldn't know because I'm a tea drinker so I like the change.

Also, the MSB items were also mass produced and brought in from offsite. It would be interesting to know who actually supplied the items.

Little late to this but just had to comment that Starbucks blonde roast is some of the most awful coffee I've ever had. I'd take the Nescafe over it!

If anybody is looking for a good alternative to the MSB cinnamon rolls (or as Disney Calls "Cinimon Buns) the Boardwalk bakery has amazing cinnamon rolls! It is a must do every time we go to Disney World!

Two trips since they closed our beloved MSB, and haven't stepped foot in there once. It used to be one our "must-dos," but no longer. :(

I miss the apple and cherry turnovers the bakery had.

Does anyone know if these are still available anywhere in WDW?

My mum LOVED them when we went 15 years ago! haha! We're going back in a couple of weeks, and it would be nice if I could get her some for a nostalgia-fest!

Oh, and FTR, it is weird having a Starbucks in Disney, but no weirder than having Coca-Cola products when you think about it. It's just a new thing. Although foods have gone that people miss, I'm sure a lot of people are glad to be able to get a semi-decent coffee in the park.

BUMMER! A family tradition no more :(

Don't they still have carrot cake at the bakery in the Nestles food court. We usually pick up bakery there to take ack to the room. The resorts, unfortunately, do not carry the quality or variety of bakery as they used to either.

Had you tried the original crap coffee?

This^

I don't drink coffee and I don't really go for baked goods so I don't really have a dog in the fight....

However..... for years and years all I saw were people complaining about the coffee at WDW.... over and over and over and over.....

Now - Disney brings in one of the most popular coffee brands in the world (and still has plenty of places all around that sell sweet treats to stuff in your pie hole) and people find a reason to complain about that....

When I was a child and I would whine to my Mother about something and ask "why, why, why?" she would respond to me "To make you ask questions - that's why". (Sometimes in not so gentle terms)

Now, when people complain on here and say "why, why, why" I want to respond: "To give people on the DIS boards another thing to complain about"

.... but I don't do that cause that wouldn't be nice ;)

Does anyone know if these are still available anywhere in WDW?

My mum LOVED them when we went 15 years ago! haha! We're going back in a couple of weeks, and it would be nice if I could get her some for a nostalgia-fest!

Oh, and FTR, it is weird having a Starbucks in Disney, but no weirder than having Coca-Cola products when you think about it. It's just a new thing. Although foods have gone that people miss, I'm sure a lot of people are glad to be able to get a semi-decent coffee in the park.
I had a great cherry turnover at Starring Rolls in HS. Very flaky, with tons of cherries. It was good enough that I made a special stop so I could get one on our last trip.

I had a great cherry turnover at Starring Rolls in HS. Very flaky, with tons of cherries. It was good enough that I made a special stop so I could get one on our last trip.

Awesome! I want to try the cupcakes in there anyway, so this will keep her happy whilst I stuff my face on them! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter