• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Street Bakery reopens...LOTS of photos and review

I don't care one way or the other about Starbucks. I just want to be able to get my cinnamon roll, chocolate cake and blueberry muffin from MSB. I also loved being able to get their large, fresh sandwiches for lunch. The food, even the snacks, are part of the WDW experience for us (which is why we spend as much on food as we do or the hotel or tickets). Every MK night we went to MSB on the way out and each got two cinnamon rolls and a milk. We would enjoy one as a late evening snack and the other as breakfast. It was perfect and delicious. I don't understand why they couldn't simply replace the NesCafe with Starbucks. Why did they need a full-on Starbucks? The complaints were that the coffee sucks, not that there weren't 100 different frappuccinos on property. It is not as simple as "if you don't like it, don't go there" GIVE ME MY GOODIES BACK :furious:

(and, before anyone says it, I have not heard one person say that the cinnamon rolls at Gastons are the same as MSB)

I don't necessarily agree with the bolded comment above. The cinnamon rolls changed from regular frosting to maple frosting quite a while ago, and have been consistently available in other locations at MK during the fairly lengthy MSB renovation. No threads of people upset about their goodies being elsewhere ... no diatribes about the maple frosting ... no discussions of "Where is my favorite cinnamon roll? :sad1:". None of that really happened until Starbucks put their baked goods in the display case. Now, suddenly, it's difficult to find cinnamon rolls and everyone's up in arms about maple.

The backlash is Starbucks-based. It really has nothing to do with cinnamon rolls.

:earsboy:

You don't have to agree - and that's okay.

I LIKE Starbucks, I have NOTHING against them - my complaint has nothing to do with the fact that they now have Starbucks coffee and pastries at the MSB (not sure how it can still be called MSB, but oh well). Once again, my issue is the same as many others I have talked to: No more MSB items and no more indoor seating. I will also add that the cinnamon rolls have not been available anywhere during the refurb except Gaston's and they were not in their original form which I could still get at MSB in January before they closed.

The kind of non-factual comments in the post above are one of the reasons I am primarily a reader of the Disboards and not a poster. As evident in a few of the posters on this thread, some people cannot accept another person's opinion or even the facts without trying to prove them wrong.

I have stated my opinion and I think I am done here.

I hope everyone has a magical evening.

I don't care one way or the other about Starbucks. I just want to be able to get my cinnamon roll, chocolate cake and blueberry muffin from MSB. I also loved being able to get their large, fresh sandwiches for lunch. The food, even the snacks, are part of the WDW experience for us (which is why we spend as much on food as we do or the hotel or tickets). Every MK night we went to MSB on the way out and each got two cinnamon rolls and a milk. We would enjoy one as a late evening snack and the other as breakfast. It was perfect and delicious. I don't understand why they couldn't simply replace the NesCafe with Starbucks. Why did they need a full-on Starbucks? The complaints were that the coffee sucks, not that there weren't 100 different frappuccinos on property. It is not as simple as "if you don't like it, don't go there" GIVE ME MY GOODIES BACK :furious:

(and, before anyone says it, I have not heard one person say that the cinnamon rolls at Gastons are the same as MSB)

Is there a LIKE button for this post?!? I agree 100%!!!

Go and complain to Disney. They are the only ones who can bring back the beloved cinnamon roll. Maybe they will if enough people say something.

The cinnamon roll at Gastons is a sad replica of the one at Main Street bakery. I am a huge old fan of this delicacy and I had to throw out the travesty they serve at Gastons. Sad to see this Disney treat gone to the wind.

I totaly agree.....blahhhh..it was not the same hot,fresh delicousness we look forward too all year. The frosting was not the same and the roll itself was dry. I tried them two mornings and then said all done! Sticking to Boardwalk Bakery and sunshine Seasons (the land in Epcot) not the big huge MSB rolls but yummy and fresh all the same.

Lori

FYI.. I'm a Disney authorized agent.. On conference call with my agencies Marketing/Sales Rep at the Disney Co and the MSB subject came into the meeting.

Disney did extensive research, including customer complaints before they entered into contract with Starbucks.

So that means that MORE people WANTED Starbucks then people who didn't.

So with this info we know the Disney Co listens to their guests and this is why Starbucks in in their parks.

I know it's caused a lot of uproar and conversations that the Disney Co sold out, and I'm not naive enough to think Disney doesn't stand to make good money on this venture, but I just thought throwing this info out there may help some people understand a bit more even if they don't like the change..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

It can still be called MSB because that is exactly what it is. MSB has not actually operated as a proper bakery for a long time (did it ever??) The pastry and snacks were brought in a truck every morning from another location. Its very different to Boardwalk Bakery where the food is at least made on location.
There wasn't anyone out the back making the food fresh, all they did was heat it up. MSB is and was always just a name.

Not you specifically but I have to wonder if there would be such a supposed uproar if the MSB has just stopped selling certain products, rather than add Starbucks drinks and food.

You don't have to agree - and that's okay.

I LIKE Starbucks, I have NOTHING against them - my complaint has nothing to do with the fact that they now have Starbucks coffee and pastries at the MSB (not sure how it can still be called MSB, but oh well). Once again, my issue is the same as many others I have talked to: No more MSB items and no more indoor seating. I will also add that the cinnamon rolls have not been available anywhere during the refurb except Gaston's and they were not in their original form which I could still get at MSB in January before they closed.

The kind of non-factual comments in the post above are one of the reasons I am primarily a reader of the Disboards and not a poster. As evident in a few of the posters on this thread, some people cannot accept another person's opinion or even the facts without trying to prove them wrong.

I have stated my opinion and I think I am done here.

I hope everyone has a magical evening.

I totaly agree.....blahhhh..it was not the same hot,fresh delicousness we look forward too all year. The frosting was not the same and the roll itself was dry. I tried them two mornings and then said all done! Sticking to Boardwalk Bakery and sunshine Seasons (the land in Epcot) not the big huge MSB rolls but yummy and fresh all the same.

Lori

I also agree... We couldn't finish our cinnamon roll from Gastons. Very dry and tasteless... I just expect more when paying the premium prices. I want to look forward to a special treat I can only get at Disney.

I also agree... We couldn't finish our cinnamon roll from Gastons. Very dry and tasteless... I just expect more when paying the premium prices. I want to look forward to a special treat I can only get at Disney.

We were there a few weeks ago. I was so excited to try the cinnamon roll but knew MSB was closed. Read in so many places on the web that Gaston's were the same. Well I had watched on You Tube "The Disney Diner Lady" make what she said was the MSB Cinnamon Roll so I knew what it was suppose to look like. When the DH brought it out of Gaston's I knew it was different. It looked very DRY & had only a drizzle of icing. Where was the soft, fluffy, drowning in cream cheese frosting cinnamon roll?? It was awful! We chalked it up to the fact that we were eating it later in the day & not a fresh CR. Glad to know now that they are not the same as the ones from MSB - we won't waste our money on one at Gaston's in July.

Why couldn't they have kept all the treats at MSB the same & just add the Starbucks coffee only? Then everyone would be happy.

I know it's caused a lot of uproar and conversations that the Disney Co sold out,

Well, I wouldn't really call it "a lot" of uproar. I would guess the vast majority of park goers have no opinion, really.

We always look at the ferociousness of a sliver of internet complainers as "a lot" of uproar when I'm not really sure it should be described that way.

I've been to WDW over 25 times on vacation. I used to like the French Toast Loaf at MSB. I love coffee but there is no way I could choke back what they were serving.

After they discontinued the french toast loaf I stopped there a couple times for a cinnamon roll. Both times I tried them they seemed dry and I thought they tasted stale too.

I'm not looking at MSB as some type of nostalgic entity that deserves to live on forever as it has always operated. I'm looking at it as a place I haven't been to in years and now I WILL return.

Don't take the loud voices of a tiny minority as the thoughts of the majority.

We tried the roll last week. It is not the same. The icing wasn't the main issue. The texture is off. This new roll has air pockets. There is not any cinnamon/sugar in between the layers to keep it moist. It was so dry and tasteless besides the icing. It is not dense. The original had weight when you picked up the plate. The new one is air. I could care less about the coffee. Disney has always sold out so that is not new. It really is the memory of the bakery and the special treats for us. I am sure someone on their first trip could care less. I will add my son didn't think the mermaid sign fit Main Street at all.

I think having Starbucks is fine but I wish they would bring back the treats. I do miss the seating area but I could eat my treats on the curb just fine. I think it would be interesting to do a pole to see is it Starbucks? Or is it that some favorite treats are gone.

By the way, we had a great trip. The bun didn't ruin it. But for my family we sure missed our bakery stops.

We were there a few weeks ago. I was so excited to try the cinnamon roll but knew MSB was closed. Read in so many places on the web that Gaston's were the same. Well I had watched on You Tube "The Disney Diner Lady" make what she said was the MSB Cinnamon Roll so I knew what it was suppose to look like. When the DH brought it out of Gaston's I knew it was different. It looked very DRY & had only a drizzle of icing. Where was the soft, fluffy, drowning in cream cheese frosting cinnamon roll?? It was awful! We chalked it up to the fact that we were eating it later in the day & not a fresh CR. Glad to know now that they are not the same as the ones from MSB - we won't waste our money on one at Gaston's in July.

Why couldn't they have kept all the treats at MSB the same & just add the Starbucks coffee only? Then everyone would be happy.

Im still trying to figure out where you people were getting these unavoidable,crack-like cinnamon rolls?? Everytime I had one there they weren't anything special..dry and used glaze to compensate for it... heck the mom and pop doughnut shop down the street here has rolls a million times better..

Im still trying to figure out where you people were getting these unavoidable,crack-like cinnamon rolls?? Everytime I had one there they weren't anything special..dry and used glaze to compensate for it... heck the mom and pop doughnut shop down the street here has rolls a million times better..

Yeah that was my experience too. I make better Cinnamon rolls. They used to have really good ones at the Concourse Steakhouse called Sticky Mickeys. Now those were to die for.:thumbsup2

Main Street Bakery's not so much.:sad2:

I can understand about being unhappy with changes...but only for a little while. WDW will always change things around, but at least they gave notice this time unlike when my beaver tails disappeared from that snack stand in Canada in Epcot:rolleyes1.

Guess I haven't let that one go yet, and that's been some years back now:lmao:.

I can understand about being unhappy with changes...but only for a little while. WDW will always change things around, but at least they gave notice this time unlike when my beaver tails disappeared from that snack stand in Canada in Epcot:rolleyes1.

Guess I haven't let that one go yet, and that's been some years back now:lmao:.

Yeah, I still miss the giant dark chocolate non-pariells they used to have in the candy shop.:sad2: But I swear some posters sound as if they are going to chain themselves to the bakery in protest of the changes.:scared:

FYI.. I'm a Disney authorized agent.. On conference call with my agencies Marketing/Sales Rep at the Disney Co and the MSB subject came into the meeting.

Disney did extensive research, including customer complaints before they entered into contract with Starbucks.

So with this info we know the Disney Co listens to their guests and this is why Starbucks in in their parks.

I know it's caused a lot of uproar and conversations that the Disney Co sold out, and I'm not naive enough to think Disney doesn't stand to make good money on this venture, but I just thought throwing this info out there may help some people understand a bit more even if they don't like the change..

I'm fine with them taking over the coffee...but the food too?!?!?! :confused3

I'm sure they asked about the coffee. But I bet they didn't ask about ditching the cinnamon rolls and taking out the seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter