• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Street Bakery reopens...LOTS of photos and review

I am sensitive to caffeine, so I only have one cup of coffee each day, and that is long before I enter a park. So, clearly I will not be having a cup at Starbucks. But the baked goods look awesome. I will certainly give this shop a try (or two) on my next trip.

I miss the old cinnamon rolls at MS Bakery (did not like the maple icing, which replaced the white icing before this treat moved to Gaston's) , but I will get over it. Things change. There are plenty of other tasty options in WDW.

Does anyone know if they sell Starbucks coffee mugs that are Disney specific at the MK location? We collect them.

Okay, Dis-er's are split about this, but what about the average person who goes to MK? Will they be thrilled about SB? Will they even notice?

Will the line out the door extend to MK's entrance? I married into a hard-core caffeine-addicted family and some of them might be willing to stand in line 20+ minutes to get their fix. They cannot be the only ones.

Okay, Dis-er's are split about this, but what about the average person who goes to MK? Will they be thrilled about SB? Will they even notice?

Will the line out the door extend to MK's entrance? I married into a hard-core caffeine-addicted family and some of them might be willing to stand in line 20+ minutes to get their fix. They cannot be the only ones.

We have a winner! That's what I keep forgetting- I'm not the average, casual Disney vacationer. I watched countless people walk by MSB before it reopened who said "look they're getting a Starbucks!" I'm sure Disney has invested in the R&D to make this work- mean while DISers will remain heartbroken until the cinnamon rolls come back :( Time will tell about lines! If I'm at disney the only thing I'm waiting 20 minutes for is a ride. Ill stick with my refillable mug in the mornings.

:thumbsup2 Most people who visit Disney won't even know, they'll just "assume" Starbucks has been around for a very long time and have no idea there was an "original" MSB. Some people will be thrilled, some people won't be, most won't care as long as they can get a cup of coffee and food. :lmao:

I would wait a maximum 20 minutes but this would be from the time I walked in, to the time I was holding my coffee.

i hope some day they get rid of stitch's great escape and i am going to come on here and complain to no end about the loss of a great attraction. I will be sure to hate the new attraction even before i see it or try it.

lol!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2 Most people who visit Disney won't even know, they'll just "assume" Starbucks has been around for a very long time and have no idea there was an "original" MSB. Some people will be thrilled, some people won't be, most won't care as long as they can get a cup of coffee and food. :lmao:

I would wait a maximum 20 minutes but this would be from the time I walked in, to the time I was holding my coffee.

I'm one of the few who will be the opposite of most veterans as I do not have any ties to the original MSB.

I never went to the MSB, mostly because I'm not a pastry/dessert fan and I really dislike cinnamon rolls, but I do like decent coffee (I rarely if ever buy SB pastries either, sometimes the occasional bagel) so I will now be stopping by MSB.

However I don't know that I'll wait 20 plus minutes, but I would stop if it was a small line.

I purchased a skinny vanilla latte, iced on Main Street yesterday afternoon about 4pm. I also purchased a red velvet cupcake. Paid for everything with a Starbucks gift card. There was no wait at all. Price was the same as my local Starbucks. The drink was 100% better than the iced latte I had purchased the day before from a Disney kiosk. We have been coming to WDW for 20 years and go to the Main Street bakery at least once per visit.

I LOVE the new bakery and have no problem with the changes.

Personally not a fan of the Starbucks in the MK (makes the whole 'immersed in Disney' thing kinda die) but if it gets more people in the door purchasing over priced coffee, not a bad thing for Disney

Not this again! There is commercial branding everywhere you look. If you are so "immersed" that you haven't noticed, this change will likely not affect you unless you set yourself up for it mentally.

I am not a Starbucks fan, but I think they did a nice job with keeping to the "decor" theme of Magic Kingdomprincess:

I love starbucks.
I love Disney.
I love MSB.

This is a trifecta win for me! We soemtimes stay at shades of green and i make sure to grab a coffee at their Starbucks kiosk before we leave for the parks, but being able to get one mid day while in MK is fantastic for me. I like REAL 100% DARK coffee - no milk no sugar. Nescafe doesn't cut it. The Writer's Spot in DHS makes a good iced latte but not up to par with the quality of starbucks. Will I wait 20+ mins for one? Doubtful, but if I have my caffeine withdrawal headache coming on - then the probability of waiting goes up.

To each their own - my DH could care either way, we didn't like the cinnamon rolls (too sweet, like so sweet my teeth hurt) but DH loves cupcakes and rice krispie treats - and a java chip frap now and again.

It is in no way "ruining Mainstreet USA" .. although I hope the smell is still present in the air first thing in the morning - now that is something I always look forawrd to!

I don't understand why everyone assumes Starbucks pastries are bad. There's one near my office and I've always liked what I got there.
I like SB pastries. I really haven't been a fan of Main Street Bakery Pastries. The cinnamon rolls are just okay to me. I guess, it is because I make homemade ones at home and they just don't compare.

No they are not! Have you ever BEEN in the Boardwalk Bakery?!?!??!
The problem with Disney is that they don't use quality products. At least to me it always taste like they added preservatives, use margarine instead of butter, etc... Granted I'm a cook and love to make my own homemade pastries, etc...

Thanks for sharing. I drink Starbucks sometimes and I'm super excited about the Red Velvet Cupcakes. I love Red Velvet Cupcakes.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter