Main St. Electrical parade and Wishes, best place?

mommyoftwinz

DIS Veteran
Hey guys, I know someone here can give me some good advice. Here's my question :confused3

I'm planning a trip in June, we arrive on the 5th so I don't want to plan anything in the day but was thinking of hitting MK in the evening specifically for the Main St. Electrical parade (9p.m) and then Wishes at 10 p.m. I know the parade goes down main st. but where does it start/end? Is there a good place to camp out so I'll be set for the Wishes at 10? Do you think this will be insanely crowded, I believe it's evening Magic hours too that day? Any advice?

Hey guys, I know someone here can give me some good advice. Here's my question :confused3

I'm planning a trip in June, we arrive on the 5th so I don't want to plan anything in the day but was thinking of hitting MK in the evening specifically for the Main St. Electrical parade (9p.m) and then Wishes at 10 p.m. I know the parade goes down main st. but where does it start/end?

A look at the Parade Route
Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade and the 3 O'Clock Parade both start near the Firehouse and exit near Splash Mtn.
MVMCP and MNSSHP Parades both start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Less crowded, yet spectacular viewing can be found near the Hall of Presidents,
or deep into Frontierland, past the Country Bears.

Below is a rough estimate of the Fireworks viewing spots
based on other posters' info on the boards and personal experience.

MK-Wishes-Noodle_020311.jpg

We always head for Frontierland to watch the parade. We went in July 2010 and found that by heading over there you could get a spot with about 1/2 hour until the parade started, no problem. :)

A look at the Parade Route
Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade and the 3 O'Clock Parade both start near the Firehouse and exit near Splash Mtn.
MVMCP and MNSSHP Parades both start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Less crowded, yet spectacular viewing can be found near the Hall of Presidents,
or deep into Frontierland, past the Country Bears.

Below is a rough estimate of the Fireworks viewing spots
based on other posters' info on the boards and personal experience.

MK-Wishes_Noodle_030410.jpg

Interested to know why you have the terrace dessert party in red as poor viewing. Reports I've read indicate that most people think the view from there is good.

Thanks

Interested to know why you have the terrace dessert party in red as poor viewing. Reports I've read indicate that most people think the view from there is good.

Thanks

The REAR of the Tomorrowland Terrace is what I have in red.
The fireworks are completely blocked from sight there.

BTW, the view of Wishes from your table at the Tomorrowland Terrace is good only if your table happens to be along the front-lower area of seating.

Otherwise, guests must stand along the front railing to see the show.
The low roof blocks the show from anywhere else.

The REAR of the Tomorrowland Terrace is what I have in red.
The fireworks are completely blocked from sight there.

BTW, the view of Wishes from your table at the Tomorrowland Terrace is good only if your table happens to be along the front-lower area of seating.

Otherwise, guests must stand along the front railing to see the show.
The low roof blocks the show from anywhere else.

Gotcha, thanks. We've got reservations for Feb. 12 so if we don't have a table at the front guess we'll be standing by the rail. I assume there's enough room at the rail for everyone?

Gotcha, thanks. We've got reservations for Feb. 12 so if we don't have a table at the front guess we'll be standing by the rail.

I assume there's enough room at the rail for everyone?

Yup. No problem.

BTW, I'm replacing my "Wishes" map (seen in my earlier post) with a new one... without the confusion of the red shading in the Noodle Station.
I'll be posting this revised version in the future.

Thanks for asking the question! :thumbsup2

Head for Frontierland for parade viewing. Everyone mobs main street for it. Firework viewing is actually pretty good in Frontierland too. You can see Tinkerbell from there though it is farther away if there's just too many people in the castle hub.

We always head for Frontierland to watch the parade. We went in July 2010 and found that by heading over there you could get a spot with about 1/2 hour until the parade started, no problem. :)

No you can't ;)
SHH....Thats the best spot! :rotfl2:

Has that changed over the past 2 years? In 2009 the 3 o clock parade started in Frontier land.

We also watched in Frontierland. I think the secret's out.

After MSEP we headed towards he Hub area for Wishes and found a good seat there on the sidewalk, about three people away from the curb.

We went in October, and I would not consider it crowded when we went.

The best viewing for both is the benches facing Town Square on the second floor of the Main Street Railroad Station. You are sitting right at the fence and nobody can get in front of you without falling (or being pushed) off. But to get those spaces you may have to figure on a 2 - 3 hour wait.

Has that changed over the past 2 years? In 2009 the 3 o clock parade started in Frontier land.

In early 2009, they changed the direction of the 3 O'Clock parade.

(It can sometimes run in the opposite direction, if there's a special circumstance.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter