Main Gate or LBV

Hi...good question....semantics can be a fooler!!. The term "Main Gate" must have been dreamed up by a great salesperson because Disney has no "main gate" and the hotels that call themseoves Maingate are all over the place.....the image is that your are just outside the main entrance to Disney and that is not true...almost all Maingate hotels are somewhere east and west of Disney on 192...some can be a mile or so from the Disney entrance......Lake Buena Vista on the other hand is a small hotel and restaurant packed area just outside the east entrance to Disney....I would pick LBV over anything maingate any time....There are lots of price variations in LBV from very expensive Embassy Suites to the huge Comfort Inn which I would not recommend. Very popular and reasonable suites are Sierra Suites, Country Inn and Suites, Hawthorn Suites, Blue Tree resort Condos and others....if you search yahoo.com under "lake buena vista hotels you will get lots of choices......also lots of good restaurants and just a couple of blocks to the east entrance to Disney that comes in at Downtown Disney...enjoy...Ted

We won priceline for Best Western LBV for $25 a night. The rooms are huge. It was nice and clean and great views of DD can be had. We got a free upgrade without asking to deluxe and DD view. It was really nice and the staff was fast when I ordered up more pillows at almost midnight. (we checked in late). There room service was really inexpensive. You can get a full american breakfast for 4.99.

Why would you not recommend the Comfort Inn? It looked nice on the website and we were considering this hotel.

Hi..I am sure you got a very good price...this hotel is huge, over 600 rooms, I think...the rooms are very small and basic....If you don't mind a traditional motel room in a very large complex, and it it's 40 dollars or less per night, it should suit you fine....If you have more than 2 or 3 people, it will be very crowded. But again the location is excellent in LBV.....If you do this motel and feel it is much better than I have recommmended please let us know...I am basing my opinion on being there several years ago...Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter