• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Entrance Pass confusion

kellyarms20

Mouseketeer
My daughter is a new cast member (lives with my husband and I and is in college). She received a Main Entrance Pass. We have a vacation coming up at the end of October. We're DVC members staying at Beach Club using points and have not purchased tickets yet. We plan on purchasing tickets before our 60day FP+ window.

My daughter's new coworkers tell her she'll be able to use her Main Entrance Pass to admit herself, my husband, me, and her brother to parks as long as dates we're attending aren't blocked out. I've been reading online and it seems to me that this isn't the case. Is this true or not? It looks to me like free entry has to be for a spouse, child, or other dependent.

Also, how do we work out FP+ together?

There are a total of 5 of us going. If she is able to admit herself and 3 of us, do I just enter her cast member card number in my My Disney Experience? Or should she create her own account and control the tickets separately and purchase the additional ticket on her (not yet in existence) My Disney Experience account? It's so confusing!

She should be able to get up to 4-5 other passes, which will be actual cards for her friends/family. Unless college cast members are different for some reason.... and I wouldn't know that because my husband is a full time employee. If she does, you would be able to see them on your Disney Experience - if you are in her family group and she connects to all of you. We don't actually connect the numbers on the cards to any of us BY NAME, because then another person can't use the card later. Does that make sense? So when I do FPasses for our group, we use my husband's main entrance card attached to him by name, and then we make FP's to the card numbers. (like 8,9,10, etc) I also have a main entrance pass as a spouse, but I can't use it unless I am taking our kids to the parks WITHOUT him. Only one main entrance pass is used at a time in a park. We found that out last year and it caused a momentary issue !!! The person with the MAIN PASS has to go INTO the park first. Then the rest of you can go in with those cards. Your daughter can also probably print out paper passes for all of you that CAN be used on blocked out days. If she is able to get the CARDS, you should use those instead since paper passes can be used up and not over and over.
You would not enter her main entrance pass number at all for anything.
She should probably pull up the cast member information on the computer and make sure she understands it all first. Since my husband is the cast member, I am not able to find the same information online. Only he can by using his account.
I don't know if I have been helpful or not ... I hope so !!

Also, we only use the magic bands for purchases and our resort. All the FP's are attached to the cards, so we have them too of course to get in and for FP's.

Thanks so much! She was able to create a My Disney Experience profile and link her MEP to her profile. So her 3 guests can be anyone as long as she's with them? Not just spouse/dependents? We connected our My Disney Experience accounts and everyone in our friends/family list. So now we can book FP+ 6 months out with the room reservation? Or is the FP booking window different for Main Entrance Pass?

Fastpasses are 60 days not 6 months. I think you meant ADRs - that is 6 months. While our DD was in the DCP she could admit anyone as long as they were with her. Also can you see your DDs guest passes in her MDE account? If so she can assign them to whomever she wants and then you can book fastpasses. Our DD is now working for Disney as an intern and we see the guest passes in her MDE and it allows you to assign them. I hope that helps.

Fastpasses are 60 days not 6 months. I think you meant ADRs - that is 6 months. While our DD was in the DCP she could admit anyone as long as they were with her. Also can you see your DDs guest passes in her MDE account? If so she can assign them to whomever she wants and then you can book fastpasses. Our DD is now working for Disney as an intern and we see the guest passes in her MDE and it allows you to assign them. I hope that helps.

I totally meant 60 days, duh! So can we book FPs at 60 days? Yes, I can see the guest passes on her MDE, but no way to assign them to specefic people. And I can see our resort reservation on her MDE since I linked our whole party to hers as well as mine. Resort reservation is under mine.

Also, do we need to order physical cards to go along with the online guest passes?

We have 5 people going including my daughter and had planned on purchasing 5 × 6 park hoppers.

So cast member + 3 guests = 4
4 x 6 days, that's 24. Is there a limit?

If the limit is 16 park hoppers per year per Main Entry Pass, (I feel like I've read that somewhere), are we able to forego purchasing 16 ticket instances?
:crazy:

I totally meant 60 days, duh! So can we book FPs at 60 days? Yes, I can see the guest passes on her MDE, but no way to assign them to specefic people. And I can see our resort reservation on her MDE since I linked our whole party to hers as well as mine. Resort reservation is under mine.

Also, do we need to order physical cards to go along with the online guest passes?

We have 5 people going including my daughter and had planned on purchasing 5 × 6 park hoppers.

So cast member + 3 guests = 4
4 x 6 days, that's 24. Is there a limit?

If the limit is 16 park hoppers per year per Main Entry Pass, (I feel like I've read that somewhere), are we able to forego purchasing 16 ticket instances?
:crazy:

Your DD will be able to go to any park any day no matter what (except for some black out dates). For the rest of the family you are limited to the amount of passes she has. So definitely you don't have to buy anything for your DD. And depending on how many passes she has that is how many you won't need. The Disney employee gets 3 guest passes after 150 hours worked. Then 3 guest passes at 300 hours worked then the last 3 guest passes at 600 hours worked. So a total of 9 guest passes per year.

So for the rest of your party - 4 of you - you need 4x6=24 tickets - so if your DD already has 9 guest passes then you only need 24-9=15 tickets.
I hope that helps.

What is your DDs status - is she in the DCP? Also how many guest passes does she have? Also if your DD logs in to her MDE does it say Reassign under the Guest Pass? If I log in I cannot Reassign it but my DD can.

With this info I can help you more.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, and I hope I'm not becoming a pain. Wondering if there's a phone number on her employee website she and I can call together this weekend to straighten us out.

This is what she has. She has 1 physical card that she got in the mail. When she attached it to her MDE, she got the message pictured. I don't see a place to assign the guest passes mentioned..

She's a Disney Store employee.

Thanks for the help, and I hope I'm not becoming a pain. Wondering if there's a phone number on her employee website she and I can call together this weekend to straighten us out.

This is what she has. She has 1 physical card that she got in the mail. When she attached it to her MDE, she got the message pictured. I don't see a place to assign the guest passes mentioned..

She's a Disney Store employee.

You are not a pain at all. My DDs page looks so different - I guess because she works at the Disney Store it is different. I will get the phone number from my DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter