Main Entrance Operations.. Turnstiles or parking lot?

mattthemickeyman

Earning My Ears
So I got accepted into Fall Advantage WDW! During my interview I was asked what my #1 top position choice would be and I said working the turnstiles at the main entrance. So I of course was asked a lot of questions about that job and 6 days later I find out I've been accepted as Main Entrance Operations! From what I understood at first Main Entrance Operations was the turnstiles and doing crowd control around the main entrance/main street area so I was super excited! However I read a couple blogs and people got accepted as MEO but instead of working in the park they were put in the parking lot to help park cars and drive the tram, which is something that I would do but would FAR prefer working the front entrance.

Has anyone been in Main Entrance ops and can let me know for sure if this is a main entrance job or a parking lot job.. Thanks!

Yeah, Main Entrance Operations covers the turnstiles/toll booths and parking. You'll find out whether you got parking or turnstiles when you go to Casting on Check-In day. Someone I know from my CP is going back down for Fall Advantage this year and is MEO. He had the same role last time actually as well.

I'm doing Main Entrance Ops this fall! I don't have a license, so I wouldn't be able to drive the tram but there is still the chance to work parking. I think if you put emphasis on that you would prefer working at the turnstiles, you should be fine. I've heard they about 90% of the time they try to accommodate to what people want (At least in areas like this, its hard in say attarctions.)

I think if you put emphasis on that you would prefer working at the turnstiles, you should be fine. I've heard they about 90% of the time they try to accommodate to what people want (At least in areas like this, its hard in say attarctions.)

Just an head's up-- I'm pretty sure that this falls into one of those areas that College Recruiting has very little control over.

I believe that they can control a park location for Main Entrance Ops, but as far as assigning anything more specific than that, I think that is up to the operations team. They will place people based on their overall need in their operations.

It is a shame that they lost so much info when they converted their old site to be part of the whole disneycareers.com site. I remember in the old job descriptions, they were really clear about what Main Entrance Operations would entail and broke it down into the possible areas. Now all they have is a picture of girl holding a ticket at the Studios (somewhat misleading).

Here is a link to a page on the International Program site that is similar to what they used to have on the old CP site. The description here is much clearer about the job.
https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/seasonal/experience_roledescriptions.html

It is a shame that they lost so much info when they converted their old site to be part of the whole disneycareers.com site. I remember in the old job descriptions, they were really clear about what Main Entrance Operations would entail and broke it down into the possible areas. Now all they have is a picture of girl holding a ticket at the Studios (somewhat misleading).

I totally agree with this. I really liked the new design of the site back when they changed it, but their role information was GREATLY reduced and quite a few of the descriptions just show a picture (Transportation comes to mind).

Just an head's up-- I'm pretty sure that this falls into one of those areas that College Recruiting has very little control over.

I believe that they can control a park location for Main Entrance Ops, but as far as assigning anything more specific than that, I think that is up to the operations team. They will place people based on their overall need in their operations.

Here is a link to a page on the International Program site that is similar to what they used to have on the old CP site. The description here is much clearer about the job.
https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/seasonal/experience_roledescriptions.html
Agreed. It doesn't make a huge difference to me since I've been through the program and know about the roles from being there and reading the site way back when but now to get the good descriptions of the roles, you have to go all the way through the application to the role checklist.

My role is MEO for the dcp and I was wondering if my dashboard saids attractions h/h does that mean turnstiles and PAC and if it saids meo h/h does that mean parking?

My role is MEO for the dcp and I was wondering if my dashboard saids attractions h/h does that mean turnstiles and PAC and if it saids meo h/h does that mean parking?

I'm not sure with the dashboard meanings because when i did meo, and well my cp in general, there wasnt the whole dashboard thing(and i extended into that role anyways).

but i can tell you that meo is considered and attraction role, its just not under attractions. in meo you have to go through safety training that those working attractions(ie rides and such) go through. that does not mean though that you can pick up shifts at other attractions. So you could still be put in turnstiles or parking.

one more thing, not all turnstiles locations have PAC, only mk and i believe hs do(but i could be wrong on that). the other locations you dont do PAC, except for when you pick up a PAC shift as extra hours.

I was just accepted to MEO this morning. It was not something I really wanted to do, and I had it marked as low interest on my application. If it is turnstiles, I guess I would be okay with it, but I do not want parking related stuff. From other posts it looks like I won't know that until I get down there?
I am a senior this semester so I couldn't decline this and reapply at a later time. I guess I am just looking for an opinion of what to do (what I had really really wanted was attractions or merchandise)

So I got accepted into Fall Advantage WDW! During my interview I was asked what my #1 top position choice would be and I said working the turnstiles at the main entrance. So I of course was asked a lot of questions about that job and 6 days later I find out I've been accepted as Main Entrance Operations! From what I understood at first Main Entrance Operations was the turnstiles and doing crowd control around the main entrance/main street area so I was super excited! However I read a couple blogs and people got accepted as MEO but instead of working in the park they were put in the parking lot to help park cars and drive the tram, which is something that I would do but would FAR prefer working the front entrance.

Has anyone been in Main Entrance ops and can let me know for sure if this is a main entrance job or a parking lot job.. Thanks!

I would think your interviewer would note that you were really enthusiastic about working at the gate. I know people in recreation really stressed that they wanted to do Children's activities over the other recreation options. Unfortunately you will just have to wait and see.

I was just accepted to MEO this morning. It was not something I really wanted to do, and I had it marked as low interest on my application. If it is turnstiles, I guess I would be okay with it, but I do not want parking related stuff. From other posts it looks like I won't know that until I get down there?
I am a senior this semester so I couldn't decline this and reapply at a later time. I guess I am just looking for an opinion of what to do (what I had really really wanted was attractions or merchandise)

Right you won't know until you are down there. But it is only for 4 to 6 months if you really don't like it. If you extend or want to move to part time or full time you can have the option to move into another role. So if you are interested in working your way up in the company, I say accept and stick it out.:thumbsup2

I worked DAK MEO at the turnstiles. We actually had three MEO areas at DAK, turnstiles, parking lot, and toll booths. We were assigned to one, but were given the option to cross train in one of the other areas.

I loved working at the turnstiles. It wasn't always easy. Working outside was difficult sometimes and you are talking to people your entire shift (not the easiest if your working 12 hours). But it was also a great job for being friends with coworkers and the hours were great (at DAK).

I was deployed to Oscar's (Studios' strollers) for two weeks and I have to say, the MEO cast members saved me A LOT of walking and frustration by stopping guests from trying to take strollers and wheelchairs out into the parking lots and returning them to us. You guys are awesome!

It depends on which park you are assigned to. If you are assigned to MK, then you could get either parking lot or turnstiles/parade audience control. If you get the other parks, then you get either parking lot or turnstiles. The other parks have a parade which you can do PAC for, but only MK has an all day PAC position due to having numerous street parties and parades throughout the day.

Hello all! Ok so im currently on the spring adv program and i am meo-parking lot at epcot. I wanted park greeter/turnstiles but parking is way more fun! Epcot has the second largest parking lot in N America so it is super busy. But my first day was picking up cones/directing traffic for the marathon...i wanted to quit at first but once the real training started it was great. Drivig and spieling the tram is fun and you are also parking/directing cars. Idk how it is in other parks, but epcot parking is so fun! Plus you get sweet leg definition :cool1:

I am a current part time cast member who works in parking an it is not as bad as it sounds. I actually work in parking at Downtown Disney and I direct traffic and drive around in a golf cart patrolling the lots, helping lost guests find cars.

I'm transferring to attractions--not because I don't like parking but because I want a little more guest interaction. :). the costumes in parking, however, are pretty atrocious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter