• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Dining Room Seating

mkbroas

Delightfully Deranged by Disney
Do you have to eat with others if you are a party of two? Or can you ask to be seated alone?
Thank you in advance for your experience and knowledge in this area.

You can asked to be seated alone, DH and I did it, you have to wait until you are onboard. the booking agent told us it was easier to get a table alone if we went with the later seating so we choose that ahead of time. As soon as we got onboard the Dream we went to the Royal Palace restaurant and they were able to switch us to our own table without a problem

Thank you. It is just my DH and I and we have the late seating for dinner. Do you have any idea where you would go on the Magic to request this change?

I just looked at some of the navigators from past cruises on disneycruiselineblog and it looks like on the magic they do it at lumieres from 12:30-3. :) Hope you guys have a magical cruise!

My wife and I were assigned a table for 2 on our cruise last fall, although we did not specifically request it. Our theory is that maybe it was because we requested the ERAERAE rotation which we think is the tween rotation, even though we are an adult couple with no children. We wanted that rotation primarily so we'd be in Royal Court on formal night. No idea if our theory is right or not. Just a theory that we've never heard anywhere else. So maybe you'll be more likely to get a table for 2 if you request a rotation that doesn't fit your party type.

You can request to be seated alone, but there is no guarantee you will be (unless you are concierge, I believe.) You are more likely to get your request at the later seating, though, because it is typically less crowded.

I have been on two Disney cruises so far. The first was just me and my husband. We asked for a private table and received it; we had late seating. The second cruise, we also asked for a private table, but I was less optimistic that we would get it since we were a party of three at main seating. We did manage to get our private table still, but it was placed very close to the table next to us!

As a side note, if you're in Concierge you'll automatically be assigned your own private table unless you request otherwise. This was confirmed by Shoreside and Shipboard hosts and has always been the case for the two of us.

Thank you all for your responses. Being new to cruising it is nice to have people who know so much about how it all works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter