• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mailing a Park Map

Stacy9402

Mouseketeer
I am going to be in Disney in January and my brother and cousin would like to me to mail them some park maps. What size are the park maps? Would they fit in a regular long envelope without me folding?

Trying to figure out if I need to bring the bigger manila envelopes for them or if regular ones would work.

Thanks in Advance.

The park maps are approx 9.5" x 4" when folded (as they come at the parks, that is), IIRC.
You can also view the guidemaps here on the DIS: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/ for scans of the guidemaps if you'd like to save on postage & shipping!

It's easy to just bring them up online on their computers, especially as they are always evolving while construction is occurring and/or new attractions or areas open or close.

I measured one of the maps and it is 9" x 4" and will fit in a standard business size envelope (9.5" x 4"). The maps are available on line, but I know some like to look at the actual maps.

Thanks eveyone. I will bring some preaddressed envelopes to mail them some as they are planning their very 1st trip. Having the paper maps will help them with their special surprise.

This makes me so nostalgic for when I was a kid and didn’t have the opportunity to go to WDW. I wrote them an email asking for some info and a week later a packet arrived from USPS with guide maps for all four parks, plus water parks and Downtown Disney! There was also a brochure and a planning DVD. Plus someone had included some stickers and written a note saying that they looked forward to welcoming me in the future but they hoped I would enjoy these until I could join them. Even though all this information was available online it was really cool to have actual physical objects that came from the real place.

I don’t know if they still do this now, but it was amazing back then and i felt like I got a little bonus pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter