Mailed self a box?

TinkerPixxie

Mouseketeer
Im wondering if anyone has ever mailed themselves a box of snacks for the room and how that worked out?

Tink~

I mailed a box to myself when we stayed at the BC back in July. I used UPS and was able to have it picked up at my house and I tracked it online. I sent it to arrive a day before we were checking in. The UPS website can help you figure out what day to ship it to have it arrive on a certain date.

I made sure that my confirmation number from Disney was written on all the sides of the boxes as well as the label that I placed inside the box. The only problem that I has was actually getting it delivered to my room! It took two days from when I arrived for them to deliver it, in spite of repeated requests. I finally had to go to the front desk and ask them to just give the package to me.

In spite of all that, I was glad that I had mailed the package instead of bringing the stuff with me. The weight and bulk of it all was too much.

We used the Netgrocer service and had two packages waiting for us. With four kids it sure saved alot of money!

How do you do this? I know I've read it befor, but now I can't find the addresses. We're staying at the BWV. Can anyone help???

I got the address off of my reservation confirmation. If you get it from Deb's site (which I love) make sure you call to verify it first. I mailed a card to my dad at Fort Wilderness a couple of weeks ago, and when I called to check the address it was totally different than the one on Debs site.

I think mailing a package is a great idea and can save you some $$$.
I plan on sending myself a package to WL for our Feb trip - any tips on what to send? I was thinking baby suntan lotion and snacks, like applesauce and breakfast bars. Any other ideas?

I shipped the pins and lanyards, the ponchos, Brita bottles/filters, Misty Mates, diapers and wipes, everything that I could think of.

Do any of the hotels (or the home away from home resorts?) charge for receiving these boxes? I stayed at a Hilton on business a few yrs ago and shipped a box of materials I was going to need; I got charged an outrageous fee!

Thanks,
Nancy :earsgirl:

Another good tip is to take a mailing label with you and use the box to send souveneers back home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter