Mailed Dues Statements?

I'm not sure what figures you're looking at but according to the chart posted on DVCNews dues at SSR went from $4.9148 in 2014 to $5.1749 in 2015, an increase of 5.29%.

I was looking at the DVCmember site which said our next dues payment was $xx, but that was actually just January ...the other months were actually much lower. It looks like they rolled some extra tax from 2014 to January. We got our bill yesterday but I didn't really look that closely at it yet.

I was looking at the DVCmember site which said our next dues payment was $xx, but that was actually just January ...the other months were actually much lower. It looks like they rolled some extra tax from 2014 to January. We got our bill yesterday but I didn't really look that closely at it yet.
Every year they estimate how much we will owe in property taxes in the coming year and collect 1/12 of that amount from us each month. If the actual property taxes are higher than their estimate, the difference between the actual tax bill and the estimated tax payments are added as a lump sum to the January payment.

In some years the estimated taxes were too high but in that case they lower the total bill by the amount of the overcharge. In other words, if we owe them money they want it right away. If they owe us money, those of us who pay our dues monthly get it back in 12 monthly installments!

Every year they estimate how much we will owe in property taxes in the coming year and collect 1/12 of that amount from us each month. If the actual property taxes are higher than their estimate, the difference between the actual tax bill and the estimated tax payments are added as a lump sum to the January payment.

In some years the estimated taxes were too high but in that case they lower the total bill by the amount of the overcharge. In other words, if we owe them money they want it right away. If they owe us money, those of us who pay our dues monthly get it back in 12 monthly installments!

Very true - my BWV taxes were overestimated by $7.18 and that is divided out into the 12 payments.

Our arrived in Reno yesterday. Funny how the bill made it but none of the notices of the proposed dues did back in November. :rolleyes2

I just received my statement yesterday. I'd wait a couple of days before calling.

Very true - my BWV taxes were overestimated by $7.18 and that is divided out into the 12 payments.

Was nice that our BWV taxes were overestimated, but both OKW and SSR were under estimated and thus we ended up having to pay more :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter