Mahakiki three-course - breakfast or dinner

eeg

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give a review of the three-course menu at Mahakiki (most older reviews are of the buffet). And if we were to choose between breakfast or dinner (both non-character), any preferences?

We had dinner 2 weeks ago. I had salmon and hubby had rib-eye. We both enjoyed it. It was our first time so I can’t compare to buffet.

Can anyone give a review of the three-course menu at Mahakiki (most older reviews are of the buffet). And if we were to choose between breakfast or dinner (both non-character), any preferences?
There is no breakfast currently being served in Makahiki, but the dinner is great.

Where did you find the reviews? I have a reservation for 5/31.
I'm in a few Aulani focused Facebook groups where people have posted their experiences. Not sure if I'm allowed to included the links to them or not.

Does anyone know what time of day Makahiki reservations become available online at the 30 day mark? We are guests who have Aulani reservations for July.

The menus online for Makahiki were accurate. We did dinner the first night. I had the salmon, my husband had the ahi (catch of the day), and my son had the shrimp and pasta without veggies. We really enjoyed. We wound up doing the breakfast twice. It was soooo good. Everyone gets fruits and bakery items. My son loved the cinnamon French toast. We just had eggs and bacon with a side of Mickey waffles. My husband tried the pancakes and the sauces were delicious! It’s expensive but we went on non-character days. I think it is a little more for character breakfast. We did not have reservations and had no trouble getting a table at 7. It was still pretty slow when we left at 8.

We are going in August with our 2 kids (10 and 12). I was looking at the menu and my kids won't eat the adult entrees. Are they strict about ordering off the kids menu? Kids menu is 9 years and younger).

We were just there last night. I wouldn’t say they were strict about the kids menu. DD13 has a peanut allergy and they offered her everything off the kids menu. When she didn’t like the peanut free dessert choice, they brought her a big sundae off the kids menu! She was a happy girl:)

Ah. Great! We were there three weeks ago and no breakfast. Good news. Hopefully Ama Ama will be next.

We were there from May 14th - 30th and had breakfast at Makahiki. I believe they have been serving breakfast for a couple of months now.

Dinner a few days ago. Rib-eye, ahi and shrimp fettuccini---all excellent. Get the corn soup for an appetizer---it was unbelievable. Pricey meal, but the five of us had an amazing time.

We did the dinner (had catch of the day) and it was wonderful! We also did the character breakfast and that was great, very large serving sizes so we had leftovers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter