Magnets

allbets

Dream - July 2011, Wonder - July 2014
Can anyone who has been on the Wonder in the last few months (after its refurb) tell me if they had problems with their door magnets sticking? I bought some on etsy and I'm worried they won't stick. If you did get yours to stick, what type of magnet did you use? Thank you!

We had no problem with magnet paper sticking to our door on the Wonder. I did take little stick on pieces of magnets, just in case, but only needed a couple on some of my oddly shaped magnets.

I had magnets printed on magnet paper from Office Depot, and they stuck fine.

Our TA sent us one of those magnetic picture frames. It was a little thinner and flimsier and wouldn't stay put.

Just wanted to add that in our Castaway Club gift was a magnetic white board. It stuck to the door so well, we literally had to pry it off with our fingernails.

I had no problems with my magnets sticking last month. I always bring some of the small round super strong magnets (found them on Amazon) to use for re-enforcement if I have a magnet that doesn't stick as well.

It seems to depend on how many times the door has been painted. Some doors definitely work better than others.

We just got off the Wonder on Monday and some of the magnets that we've used on the Dream, Fantasy, and Magic without any issues didn't stay on very well this cruise. We tried the back of the door and they would stick just fine. I think the previous poster is correct about certain doors being painted multiple times causing problems.

Just wanted to add that in our Castaway Club gift was a magnetic white board. It stuck to the door so well, we literally had to pry it off with our fingernails.

I had no problems with my magnets sticking last month. I always bring some of the small round super strong magnets (found them on Amazon) to use for re-enforcement if I have a magnet that doesn't stick as well.

It seems to depend on how many times the door has been painted. Some doors definitely work better than others.

This make sense because ours fell off almost every time we closed the door.

This make sense because ours fell off almost every time we closed the door.

Ours too! The ceramics magnets I had worked fine, but there is another general use one you can buy at Michael's and I think those ones were falling off (the ceramics circle ones are much stronger - annoyingly so when you are trying to make bubble magnets!!).

This will be my families 1st dcl experience. We have 4 families going n r telling all the kids for Christmas, so magnets will be a great gift. Buy...or make? Suggestions please:confused3

I had magnets printed on magnet paper from Office Depot, and they stuck fine.

Our TA sent us one of those magnetic picture frames. It was a little thinner and flimsier and wouldn't stay put.

We were on the Wonder 5/24-6/2 and we had the exact same problem with the picture frame magnet that our TA gave us!

All the other magnets that we had were fine and stuck perfectly. I bought some magnet paper from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/sheets-Magnet...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3CSY0VBSMJYTZ

We were on the Wonder 5/24-6/2 and we had the exact same problem with the picture frame magnet that our TA gave us!

All the other magnets that we had were fine and stuck perfectly. I bought some magnet paper from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/sheets-Magnet...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3CSY0VBSMJYTZ

I used the sheet magnets this time too and they worked really well. What I like about those as opposed to the magnetic tape rolls was that it was flat. On the rolled ones, the roll in the magnet would always cause the magnet to curl and peel away until it eventually pull off completely. The sheet was easy to cut and stays stuck to the laminated paper much better :thumbsup2

We were on the Westbound Panama Canal cruise last month and I had bought extra strength magnetic tape. I could not get my magnets to stick on the outside of the door. The DVC magnets and the Castaway Club drywipe board did not stick either. Yet they all stuck just great to the inside of the door.

Corinna

This will be my families 1st dcl experience. We have 4 families going n r telling all the kids for Christmas, so magnets will be a great gift. Buy...or make? Suggestions please:confused3

I make my own. The DISigners (bottom of main page) will make and personalize anything you want. I save the designs to my computer. Then use MS Word and Insert the picture. I can then change the size to what I want. I print on cardstock or something just a little thinner (but thicker than regular paper). I then laminate with clear Contact paper and super glue magnets on the back.

I make my own. The DISigners (bottom of main page) will make and personalize anything you want. I save the designs to my computer. Then use MS Word and Insert the picture. I can then change the size to what I want. I print on cardstock or something just a little thinner (but thicker than regular paper). I then laminate with clear Contact paper and super glue magnets on the back.

Thanks for the advice I was thinking of doing something with my cricket but wasnt sure if I should laminate it or what. Thanks for the details

Thanks for the advice I was thinking of doing something with my cricket but wasnt sure if I should laminate it or what. Thanks for the details

I'm also using my Cricut Explore to create magnets. I've already made some T-shirts with glitter iron-on vinyl. Super excited! :banana:

Shoot, mixed reviews on this, eh? I was wondering the same thing, as I have quite a few that I had made up, then printed, laminated and slapped some magnets on the back (from OfficeMax). I am hoping that they stick to our cabin door now....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter