magnetron tube failure on GE spacemaker microwave

I am with you. I won't give GE nor Jeffrey Immelt another dime!

Jeff Immelt will survive without any additional dimes. So will GE. They have their hands in everything and will continue to be the largest company in the world even when they do get out of the home appliance business.

I will NEVER buy another GE product again, even at 90% off.

We bought a new home in 2006 with GE appliances. The microwave has been a piece of crap since Day One. I know all about the magnetron issue and miraculously, ours hasn't suffered from that yet, but........

It does not suck up the air from the cooktop below it. It simply does not vent. The fan is not functional. We had GE out numerous times and every time they said they had never seen anything like it and admitted they had no idea how to repair it. Well, if it's under warranty and it doesn't work and you can't freaking fix it, then REPLACE IT! Nope. Since they couldn't identify the issue, they wouldn't replace. Hey, it's not MY problem they can't figure out the issue. Some products are just lemons.

So I'm stuck with a venting microwave that does not vent. We have to keep a fan on our counter to blow the steam away when we cook, so our cabinets don't get sweaty. GE has the worst customer service ever. As useless as t*ts on a bull.

If we even look for another home and it has GE applicances, I won't buy it. That is how much I despise the sorry, scummy, pathetic, piece of junk producing liars they are. And that is the nicest thing I can say about them.

You could have bought a new microwave for the repair costs. Its 11 years old. Get a new one; non GE.

I have a Maytag Over the Range microwave that was made in July 2004 that died two weeks ago. To replace it with a similar model it will be $380. I am going to suck it up and do that rather than call for a service call ... that'd probably be close to $200 so might as well get a new one.

You could have bought a new microwave for the repair costs. Its 11 years old. Get a new one; non GE.
it's 11 years old now, but my OP was in 2006! Knock wood...it's been doing fine since. But, when it fails (and it will) I will replace it with a non GE brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter