MAGIC's 2016 Westbound Transatlantic - September 17-28

I am booked on this cruise and the Sept 10th. Hopefully, other teens will be on the cruise with us. My kids are 14, 11, and 15 at the time of sailing.

Just upgraded to a 5A from a 6A. Think I'm going to be much happier without the white wall. So happy!

Hi everyone, just booked this cruise today. Well actually moved our planned WC on the Magic out of Miami in Dec 2016, to this one. So excited. Can you add us to the roll call?
Angela (Me)
George (DH)
Evan (DS 12 at time of cruise)

We are from Sydney, Australia and this will be our 4th cruise with DCL on our 4th ship, my plan for sailing on all 4 is working. LOL

Just came off the June 1 Alaskan cruise on the Wonder and it was amazing. We loved this cruise more than our Western Caribbean or Bahama cruises, even preferred the Wonder to the Dream and Fantasy.

Have booked 6A - same stateroom we had on the Wonder (7548), right at mid-ship, we loved this location.

Can someone tell me how we book hotels in Barcelona and transport to hotel/cruise through DCL? I've read that you can do this but didn't see an option for it. What am I missing?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Cheers
Angela

My TA told me those are all "forthcoming" as air is too far out to book yet and Disney will contact us (either via mail or e-mail) to alert us to hotel and transportation to and from the ship. Some people have done this cruise before and have other hotels that they prefer to stay at. My TA's biggest request was to arrive a day or two early so that her hair won't turn any grayer worrying we won't make the ship.

Anyone else brushing up on their Spanish?

We already added hotel and transfers in Barcelona. I just called reservations and asked and she added it on; it took about 10 minutes. We're doing our own thing for flights, as I work for an Airline, so not sure about that.

Thanks I will call Disney to ask about transfers and hotels. We will be doing our own flights, as it's a bit complicated out of Australia! Pretty sure Disney only manage flights out of USA. What hotels did Disney use? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi .. this is our 2nd wbta..☺glad to be onboard..

Thanks I will call Disney to ask about transfers and hotels. We will be doing our own flights, as it's a bit complicated out of Australia! Pretty sure Disney only manage flights out of USA. What hotels did Disney use? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

We've stayed at the Novotel City hotel in Barcelona each time we've stayed in the city and its fabulous, great rooms and a lovely roof top pool :-)

We already added hotel and transfers in Barcelona. I just called reservations and asked and she added it on; it took about 10 minutes. We're doing our own thing for flights, as I work for an Airline, so not sure about that.

May I ask what the cost was for the room and transportation? I'm trying to budget those now.

Hello! I have this cruise booked B2B with the 9/10 Med cruise. If we go it will be our first Med but 3rd WBTA. (2011 and 2014). Just can't say for sure if we will go, have to see if we can afford it as we get closer. I am also considering booking a different line for the Med cruise, then doing this cruise after. We are doing Alaska on Celebrity in a couple months, so I will turn my attention to this one in October...

Oh, forgot to say, it will be myself (Danae) and my sons (Carter age 9, and Jonas age 12, at that point) and POSSIBLY my DM Phyllis (83). She has done the other 2 with us but she was ill and spent a lot of time in the infirmary on the 2014 WBTA (and almost got put off in Tenerife) so she is not sure she will try it again. DH is doing the Med cruise, but can't miss work long enough to go on WBTA.

Please add us to roll call!

I'm going with my daughter. She's starting a new job so we are hoping no issues with taking the time off. We will do a couple of days in Paris (Disneyland) before heading to Barcelona. We just finished the Disney Baltic cruise in May (loved it) and rebooked onboard. Originally chose a EB Caribbean in September but realized that I really didn't want to go at that time and decided to go back to Europe.

I forgot to add our names, Teresa and daughter Mary. I am curious to know if people book this cruise just to travel the transatlantic, no extra days tacked on for European travel? We are managing 3 days before, but that is to play it safe.

I forgot to add our names, Teresa and daughter Mary. I am curious to know if people book this cruise just to travel the transatlantic, no extra days tacked on for European travel? We are managing 3 days before, but that is to play it safe.

I think we are going to do 2 days in Barcelona (the day we fly in and the day before we set sail). We thought about flying into some other European city and taking the train to Barcelona, but couldn't figure out a way to do it in a timely fashion, so we are just going to Barcelona direct (well, other than our layover in Ireland).

I think we are going to do 2 days in Barcelona (the day we fly in and the day before we set sail). We thought about flying into some other European city and taking the train to Barcelona, but couldn't figure out a way to do it in a timely fashion, so we are just going to Barcelona direct (well, other than our layover in Ireland).

Good to know, sometimes I wonder about travelling all the way over to Europe and only spending a day or two before hopping on the cruise. We did it for the Baltic cruise, with 2 days prior in Copenhagen followed by the cruise followed by 2 days in Iceland. However, we loved the itinerary. For this one, we will do 1 1/2 days in Paris travelling to Barcelona a day before the cruise.

I am booked on this cruise and the Sept 10th. Hopefully, other teens will be on the cruise with us. My kids are 14, 11, and 15 at the time of sailing.

I am waffling between this cruise and the one on the 10th. I don't think I can afford both. We are currently booked on the 17th. We plan on visiting Rome and Barcelona before the cruise. I like the idea of not having a 15 hour flight home. We live on the west coast so I think this will greatly reduce the jet lag. I love the itinerary, but I'll admit I'm a little nervous about rough seas. If it's going to be rough I would assume it would be between Portugal and Canada. I think I can tough it out for 3 days. My kids will be 12 and 13 at the time, and you can find them in the Edge from sun up to sun down. I'm glad to see there will be other kids on board in that age group.

Have you checked prices on Flights. Flight between European cities are generally pretty cheap. Usually cheaper and faster than the high speed trains. I checked some prices this Sept. Rome to BCN was 89.00. Paris to BCN 59.00. Just something to think about.

I am waffling between this cruise and the one on the 10th. I don't think I can afford both. We are currently booked on the 17th. We plan on visiting Rome and Barcelona before the cruise. I like the idea of not having a 15 hour flight home. We live on the west coast so I think this will greatly reduce the jet lag. I love the itinerary, but I'll admit I'm a little nervous about rough seas. If it's going to be rough I would assume it would be between Portugal and Canada. I think I can tough it out for 3 days. My kids will be 12 and 13 at the time, and you can find them in the Edge from sun up to sun down. I'm glad to see there will be other kids on board in that age group.

My kids will definitely be in the Edge all the time (on this cruise). Sept 10th cruise, I might have them come in early since we will be out touring 4 days. It will be nice to meet you on either cruise :) WBTA will be nice because we gain an hour sleep. I wait up until 2am (my 15yo will be in the vibe) and the hour of extra sleep is a nice welcome. I was on the EBTA this year and up until 2am losing an hour sleep each day was not so wonderful. LOL! We are planning on catching a show in NYC before flying home.

My kids will definitely be in the Edge all the time (on this cruise). Sept 10th cruise, I might have them come in early since we will be out touring 4 days. It will be nice to meet you on either cruise :) WBTA will be nice because we gain an hour sleep. I wait up until 2am (my 15yo will be in the vibe) and the hour of extra sleep is a nice welcome. I was on the EBTA this year and up until 2am losing an hour sleep each day was not so wonderful. LOL! We are planning on catching a show in NYC before flying home.

My son actually turns 12 on the 28th so we plan on spending a couple of nights in NYC. He wants to go to Nintendo World. I have trained myself on cruises to wake up at 130 am to do the bed check. On our upcoming Hawaii cruise we have a Ocean view room right next to the Edge. I like having a verandah, but this will have it's advantages. I booked a verandah for this cruise, because the price is just too good not to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter