Magicbands

Im set up for my bands for pop next week.
Do i like the room key wallet park tickets all on my wrist. Yes i do!
Did i like only choosing 1 park to get my fast passes for even though i hop and use only 3 passes and when i went to pick my times i had 3 choices of times to pick. No i think its a horrible idea.
What i want to know is whats wrong with the current fast passes. Even if they want paperless let me choose the day im there i can look at the return times and decide what fast pass i want to scan for.

What's wrong with them? The current system is a level field for everyone including people off property, passholders, and resort guests paying premium money for their rooms.

I look at the overhaul of the system as a business decision: give resort guests priority for FPs, and everyone else can pay for it. (Universal Express Pass anyone?)

Its likely that the FP+ system will continue to evolve as the system gets more sophisticated too. Consider that a guest in a pricey suite at the GF will most likely get a more deluxe park experience with their FP+ than someone staying in a Value resort. And why shouldn't they if they're spending all that money on their stay?

As a passholder I'm not happy about the FP+ system and a limited number of attractions based on my ticket type. I'm going to wait and see what they do when its rolled out and how they handle FPs and passholders staying on site and whether or not they are going to lift the number of attractions available.

My WDW AP is not going to be renewed for a while, and Universal is looking pretty good to me lately to the point that I bought an AP there. Splurged for their Express Pass over the July 4th holiday and got two parks done in 10 hours. Loved it and it was worth every penny.

JMO.

What's wrong with them? The current system is a level field for everyone including people off property, passholders, and resort guests paying premium money for their rooms.

I look at the overhaul of the system as a business decision: give resort guests priority for FPs, and everyone else can pay for it. (Universal Express Pass anyone?)

Its likely that the FP+ system will continue to evolve as the system gets more sophisticated too. Consider that a guest in a pricey suite at the GF will most likely get a more deluxe park experience with their FP+ than someone staying in a Value resort. And why shouldn't they if they're spending all that money on their stay?

As a passholder I'm not happy about the FP+ system and a limited number of attractions based on my ticket type. I'm going to wait and see what they do when its rolled out and how they handle FPs and passholders staying on site and whether or not they are going to lift the number of attractions available.

My WDW AP is not going to be renewed for a while, and Universal is looking pretty good to me lately to the point that I bought an AP there. Splurged for their Express Pass over the July 4th holiday and got two parks done in 10 hours. Loved it and it was worth every penny.

JMO.

I disagree with allowing deluxe guests a better FP+ experience. Many guests choose to stay in moderate or value and spend the extra money in experience and souvenirs. When you only really sleep at the resort as long as there is a clean bed and shower what more do you need. When we stayed deluxe we felt like given the money we were spending we had to spend lore time at the resort and less in the parks!

Pkltm... I am with you about resorts and just being a place to sleep. But what I am alluding to is that fp+ experiences are likely going to be tiered by resort and room type. It is very possible to give someone in a certain location 10 experiences a day and someone else just five.

We all will know more once the system is fully operational.

I don't think it will be tiered by resort choice. I think if everything if focusing around My Disney Experience than I think it will be tiered by the people who buy the packages and their special offers.

so what would happen if you pick a fast pass for say test track on a certain day and when the day and time comes there is a huge thunderstorm that shuts the ride down? what would be Disney's response in those situations?

They give you a new FP+ for a list of rides and from my experience last night when big thunder went down, there was no app notification but an email. You just go to the ride. Here is the text from the email.....

FastPass+ Change Notification

Hello, Mary.

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on 08/02/2013 needs to be changed because the experience is temporarily unavailable.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 08/02/2013, starting at 6:00 PM through anytime during normal Theme Park operating hours (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+ selection cannot be redeemed during Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences*
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
Tomorrowland Speedway
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor®
Space Mountain®
Splash Mountain®
Pirates of the Caribbean®
Haunted Mansion®

There is no action needed to select the experience in advance. During the designated day and time, just arrive at the FastPass+ entrance to one of the experiences above and touch your MagicBand to enter!

*Note that you may be able to still experience your selection for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® if it becomes available again today, unless you opt to visit one of the other listed experiences.

Visit My Plans on My Disney Experience for more details.

Need Help?
If you have further questions, please visit the FastPass+ section of the Help Center on My Disney Experience or call 407-939-7660.

They give you a new FP+ for a list of rides and from my experience last night when big thunder went down, there was no app notification but an email. You just go to the ride. Here is the text from the email.....

VERY interesting. I think I actually like that. You don't have to take ANY action, they will just accept you at the alternate, OR the original if it becomes available.

I'm just wondering how they'd tolerate the influx at the other attractions. IF there were still slots available, of course they could remove some, but I doubt that would cover them all.

VERY interesting. I think I actually like that. You don't have to take ANY action, they will just accept you at the alternate, OR the original if it becomes available.

I'm just wondering how they'd tolerate the influx at the other attractions. IF there were still slots available, of course they could remove some, but I doubt that would cover them all.

I guess they figure it is like the old standard of accepting expired FPs. Those never really backed up the lines so I doubt everyone will head to the same rides or go at the same time.

There are matrices for each park of what your FP+ will get you in case of a ride closure so they have thought that part through. Like if TT goes down, you can't get Soarin instead, and vice versa. Soarin and TT can only be gotten as a recovery FP if that's the one you were holding already.

So can you still get fast passes the day you're in the park like you do now? Since you don't have a ticket to slide into the machine, are they modified to wave your band?

If FP+ is causing you to not renew your AP then tou might be better off going to universal... I didn't get my AP just for fast passes, I will not be affected by the FP+ system

If FP+ is causing you to not renew your AP then tou might be better off going to universal... I didn't get my AP just for fast passes, I will not be affected by the FP+ system

Agreed! Again, people historically resist change. Fear of the unknown.

And right now, FPP is an unknown.

So can you still get fast passes the day you're in the park like you do now? Since you don't have a ticket to slide into the machine, are they modified to wave your band?

All the testers are currently given a KTTW card as well, and that works in the FP kiosks.

Pkltm... I am with you about resorts and just being a place to sleep. But what I am alluding to is that fp+ experiences are likely going to be tiered by resort and room type. It is very possible to give someone in a certain location 10 experiences a day and someone else just five.

We all will know more once the system is fully operational.

No need to worry, that is not the case.

We'll be at WDW for this year's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in November and staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort. I was wondering where the customizing page for the magic bands are within the MDE website? I keep seeing blogger reviews featuring bands coming in of red,blue, pink etc., Or is the page not live for the general public? I just found out about this today and already linked our reservations, updated our contact information, and chose avatars for each member of our party. Does this icon/avatar represent the boxes that come with our magic bands upon arrival or is this strictly fun for the website? Also, if available and I'm just not finding them where can we order the accessories online?

We'll be at WDW for this year's Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in November and staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort. I was wondering where the customizing page for the magic bands are within the MDE website? I keep seeing blogger reviews featuring bands coming in of red,blue, pink etc., Or is the page not live for the general public? I just found out about this today and already linked our reservations, updated our contact information, and chose avatars for each member of our party. Does this icon/avatar represent the boxes that come with our magic bands upon arrival or is this strictly fun for the website? Also, if available and I'm just not finding them where can we order the accessories online?

It is not a live site yet. If they extend testing or roll them out then you will be able to see them.

seems like the right place to ask. heading to wdw in spetember andf staying at pop. been checking the email hoping to try out fp+. how far out from their trip have been people getting calls/emails regarding fp+. thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter