Magicbands

vmb123

Disney Mom
We are leaving in September for our vacation....wondering if anyone has recently stayed at The Beach Club...and if so we they offering the Magic Bands yet to the Beach Club guests...all the info is on the website looking like its ready roll! :beach:

Haven't heard anything about beach club yet and don't know anyone who has stayed there lately. I do have a friend that used magic bands and got back yesterday from their trip haven't talked to them yet but saw pictures. They stayed at Bay lake tower. Tom Staggs did say they are hoping to have it fully rolled out by the end of 2013 so idk when that means they are going to start but I would think more resorts would start to see them in the next couple months.

I really hope they roll out soon. I have a trip coming in October and they seem like they would be so much easier then keeping track of the cards. Especially for our little ones.

I was just at WDW staying at Bay Lake Tower at the beginning of July and the Cast Members there said there have been significant issues with the Magic Bands and that testing was still taking place at select hotels. From other information I read...Beach Club is not one of these hotels. I will be returning in December and I am curious as to how they will integrate the band with my Annual Pass. Currently you will get an RFID card to enter the parks and receive your Fast Passes. Personally I love these new cards...they work much better than the old paper cards and the fingerprint scanner is newer/faster. Enjoy your trip!

I wouldn't expect Magic Bands in September. December though, most likely.

Unfortunately the Bay Lake tower CMs don't really know what they are talking about. Testing is not taking place at select resorts. Testing at resorts was in late June/Early July and went very well, so they moved onto the next testing phase.

I wouldn't expect Magic Bands in September. December though, most likely.

Unfortunately the Bay Lake tower CMs don't really know what they are talking about. Testing is not taking place at select resorts. Testing at resorts was in late June/Early July and went very well, so they moved onto the next testing phase.

Not sure what you mean.

The next phase of testing, starting in a couple days, WILL be at select resorts - the same two has before - AKL and CR, plus POP and YC. Not BC.

It may not be going on right this second, but that doesn't invalidate what was meant.

The next phase of testing, starting in a couple days, WILL be at select resorts - the same two has before - AKL and CR, plus POP and YC. Not BC.

I'm guessing the testing is actually a soft roll out, each time there will be more and more resorts added....just my guess.

Testing HAS occurred at BC, just not for the public. I have a CM friend who tested the MagicBand at Disney's expense. They put him up at BC for a few nights.

Testing HAS occurred at BC, just not for the public. I have a CM friend who tested the MagicBand at Disney's expense. They put him up at BC for a few nights.

Yes, there has been a variety of CM testing...I don't think it was centered on any particular resort.

I was just told by our itinerary planner at AKL that the system is still in testing throughout all resorts and is slated to stay in test mode through August. Beyond that they don't know if it will remain in testing or go live but it is being tested in all resorts.

They also said to make sure your ressie is connected in MDE and that the email on the ressie matches MDE. They said if it goes lives before your trip or you get selected to test a pop-up will appear in MDE telling you and asking for your MagicBand customizing preference.

Yes, there has been a variety of CM testing...I don't think it was centered on any particular resort.

It hasn't. As of right now, the only testing going on is with a variety of cast members at whichever resort they chose. The CM test has been going on for a few weeks, and there hasn't been guest testing for weeks. The guest test was at CR and AKL and went extremely well.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around out there, especially if CMs are saying that there were problems, and that there is widespread testing going on at the moment.

It hasn't. As of right now, the only testing going on is with a variety of cast members at whichever resort they chose. The CM test has been going on for a few weeks, and there hasn't been guest testing for weeks. The guest test was at CR and AKL and went extremely well.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around out there, especially if CMs are saying that there were problems, and that there is widespread testing going on at the moment.

Most misinformation comes from those CMs :)

As I said, there is guest testing going on right now at BLT, and a big but still limited test starting this weekend.

I want a MagicBand tan line!! :rotfl:

Is there any way someone could request to test the bands if they are not in use by the end of October???

The Magic Bands and FP+ sound like a nightmare especially for anyone, me included, who has an annual pass and may book a trip fairly last minute. I pray they get rid of these before they start! They seem to be annoyed that those of us who go frequently figured out how to get FP for all the 'big' rides and not have to wait in hour long lines. Unless they figure out a way to accommodate us last minute travelers, I won't renew my premium annual pass. I am sure there are others like me out there.

Im set up for my bands for pop next week.
Do i like the room key wallet park tickets all on my wrist. Yes i do!
Did i like only choosing 1 park to get my fast passes for even though i hop and use only 3 passes and when i went to pick my times i had 3 choices of times to pick. No i think its a horrible idea.
What i want to know is whats wrong with the current fast passes. Even if they want paperless let me choose the day im there i can look at the return times and decide what fast pass i want to scan for.

I'll be interested to find out how it works for you, Mel.

I am in the same mindset: love the idea of everything being in one place that is easy to carry (especially if they can integrate my AP), not enamored of having to plan where I will be each day so far in advance so that we can schedule FPs. One of the things that we like is being relaxed enough to get up and say "what do you want to do today?"

so what would happen if you pick a fast pass for say test track on a certain day and when the day and time comes there is a huge thunderstorm that shuts the ride down? what would be Disney's response in those situations?

so what would happen if you pick a fast pass for say test track on a certain day and when the day and time comes there is a huge thunderstorm that shuts the ride down? what would be Disney's response in those situations?

Reports are that they will notify you via email and DMX app (if you have a smartphone), and if earlier in the day will present you with alternative FP+ choices. If later in the day, it would offer you an additional FP+ for the next day at any park.

Not confirmed if that is the case though, or how they'd handle non-smartphone people.

Reports are that they will notify you via email and DMX app (if you have a smartphone), and if earlier in the day will present you with alternative FP+ choices. If later in the day

I read a testers pretty in depth reports and this happened to them with Splash Mtn, had FP+ but ride was down got an email and a notification on App and were told to go to an alternate ride.
Not sure how that will translate when the system is live with so many more users.

I check in at POP on 9/8 but it seems that their testing was this month, I doubt I'll get it for September :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter