• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MagicBands & FastPass+

anniedream

Mouseketeer
This thread is not asking a question, nor is it making a complaint. I want to express my huge excitement for MagicBands & FastPass+!!

So its 4 weeks today that my boyfriend and I are off to Florida. We installed the My Disney Experience app and were somewhat underwhelmed at its malfunctions. However, in the past few weeks Disney have made VAST improvements to the app and website; so that you can access it via there.

Today, we found out that at PORS (where we are staying), they are trialing the MagicBands when we are there. So we went onto the website, logged onto MDE and ordered and customised our MagicBands. I was completely excited. I went for the yellow band. We then could 'check in' for our room, which you can do 60 days before. There, we added our pin numbers for our bands and added credit/debit card details, that any charges would go to. We can even set a spending limit on our bands which we are going to do. I want them to arrive NOW!

Onto FastPass+... I am very impressed with this new addition to Disney. No more rushing to certain rides to input your ticket and waiting around for that specific time. You can choose 3 FP's per day. For example, on 21st Sept we have and ADR @ Epcot for Lunch. So we will obviously be at Epcot on that day. I went onto FP+ and from there can choose the 3 rides I want FP's for. I went for Soarin', Test Track & Mission Space. It then gives me a list of 4 options that I can choose from. If any times clash with dining options, they will state. You choose the best option and there you have it. I think this will save so much time and also give those people who like to plan their days (ie ME!) a very structured plan for the day. Obviously, this is not for the more spontaneous Disney goer.

Some of you may be well aware of these new additions and have already experienced going through this process, like I did today. I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same excitement and optimism that I feel. Also, it can be a confusing process as it is new, therefore, if you have any questions, I will try and answer to the best of my ability. Disney stated that obviously this is still a trial so we may experience faults but I am ever the optimist. pixiedust:

Sending my Disney Love to all! xxx

Awoo! Sounds exciting! Myself and DGF are staying at AKL in 5 days and were thinking about opting in. My only concern of this is that I heard if you opt in for fastpass + with the magic bands
you get 3 "pre order fast passes" per day but are then unable to get any more fastpasses in the parks from the kiosks... Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Hello. I posted some photos of the FP+ reservations in my PTR on the reports board. I customised our bands and received an email on 24th July saying our bands had been shipped to the resort (Because we're UK guests). We arrive today and our bands weren't here but they put all the reservations I made on to grey bands.
In regards to choosing 3 FP's a day, at the moment while it is in he trial period you can use your key to the world card to make extra FP's too :)

I don't know whether it's due to FP+ or just generally very busy but we have been in Epcot today and FP distribution ran out really fast. Soarin was issuing 1-2pm fast passes before 10am this morning and Test Track FP's all gone by just after 12. I just wandered if its because of all magic bands in use. You see a fair few as you walk around

I am right there with you....:cool1: I can't wait until MyMagic+ is rolled out. I' really hope that we get to participate in October. I know it won't be for everyone and some people are not going to like the change, but for the way we tour WDW, it promises to make our trips so much better.

I was a bit worried about the amount of FP+ being booked via MDE etc... If they don't limit them then I can see a situation arising similar to what you experienced.. no FP left after 12 for some rides ! Some people may even have made FP+ reservations weeks before and then changed their plans and not even visited the park that day !

Hope this doesn't spiral out of control :(

Awoo! Sounds exciting! Myself and DGF are staying at AKL in 5 days and were thinking about opting in. My only concern of this is that I heard if you opt in for fastpass + with the magic bands
you get 3 "pre order fast passes" per day but are then unable to get any more fastpasses in the parks from the kiosks... Can anyone confirm/deny this?

As far as I am aware, if you opt in then I assume you can't use normal FP. However, my DBF did some research and because they are trialing it, and if you ask, you will also get a Key to the World Card, which can be used for FP.

Claire Bear, I am sorry to hear that your bands weren't there for you. Hope you have a great trip and I shall take a look at your photos.

I don't know whether it's due to FP+ or just generally very busy but we have been in Epcot today and FP distribution ran out really fast. Soarin was issuing 1-2pm fast passes before 10am this morning and Test Track FP's all gone by just after 12. I just wandered if its because of all magic bands in use. You see a fair few as you walk around

Last year, my DBF and I missed out on Soarin' because of this fact and that was when FP+ was not in action. We got to Epcot at 11am and there were non left. Therefore, this year we can guarantee that all the rides we missed out on will get done.

I understand that there could be people that make FP+ reservations and do not use them. However, I think this is the case already with FP and even ADR's. Last year a very nice family waited outside the queue for Space Mountain and gave us their FP's as they were leaving the park, which I guess you can't do with FP+. We have specifically only done them in the parks that we have made ADR's in, so will definitely use them. I guess its a lot easier when its just the two of you, compared to a family.

When the FP+ will be rolled out to everyone, the traditional FP will be completely removed. Anyone will access to FP+, also with single day tickets. It's not clear yet if onsite guests will get any advantage like extra FP+ or extra days in advance to choose the FP+.
Also, at the moment the application does not give any limit on which FP+ you can choose, but at first they allowed only one of the major attractions, so you could choose only either Soarin' or Test Track. Not yet clear if the freedom will remain or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter