• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MagicBands at gate on arrival?

my3sonsagn

DIS Veteran
In the past when we first arrived at our resort we had to stop at the entry gate to check in with the person staffing it. Since we did online check-in and have our MagicBands will they work at the automated entry gate or do we still need to check in on the staffed side of it?

You still need to stop at the security booth but a quick scan and your past.

EDITED TO CLARIFY: I didn't realize there was a resort guest lane where you self scan your band. My information is incorrect.

Last edited:
You still need to stop at the security booth but a quick scan and your past.
Isn't that no longer necessary with the "skip the front desk / straight to your room" option? Everything else is automatically activated on arrival day (park tickets, dining plan, room access, etc...).

Isn't that no longer necessary with the "skip the front desk / straight to your room" option? Everything else is automatically activated on arrival day (park tickets, dining plan, room access, etc...).

Unless I am misunderstanding the original post, it sounds like he wants to drive past the security guard. Unless somethign has changed, I thought you still need to stop at the security gate when driving into the resort.

We used the line for resort guests, scanned our band and we were in. Didn't need to talk or be scanned by security.
It worked for our room too, as we were sent a text an hour prior to arrival with our room #

Unless I am misunderstanding the original post, it sounds like he wants to drive past the security guard. Unless somethign has changed, I thought you still need to stop at the security gate when driving into the resort.
Yes, but there are usually two lanes for entrance to the resort- one with the guard and one with just a scanner. My point (and ELSA seemed to confirm this), is that one should be able to use the un-manned gate with the scanner if on line check-in was done beforehand.

Then my information is incorrect, the last time I drove into a resort the magic bands were fairly new.. I'll edit my original reply.

However, this doesn't sound all that secure anymore and i'm not sure I like this change.

Then my information is incorrect, the last time I drove into a resort the magic bands were fairly new.. I'll edit my original reply.

However, this doesn't sound all that secure anymore and i'm not sure I like this change.
We didn't feel like it wasn't secure, it's not like our bands would have worked at the other resorts. Or at least I wouldn't think they would.
When we scanned for parking at the parks, it did show them we stayed at CBR

When we arrived at Yacht Club in September, we had the text with our room number saying we could go right to our room and we tried to use the lane where we could use our MB to open the gate. It did not work. The security guard was really nice and walked over and let us in though. I would suggest going through the lane with the security guard just incase for that first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter