• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magicbands and AP before check-in

Christine24

Earning My Ears
I am fairly new to this board so I apologize if this has been answered already. We have reservations for a FW weekend getaway Dec 6-8 and just customized our magic bands this morning. We are AP holders and live in Orlando. I will be linking our AP to the magic bands.

My main question is.....will the magic band work for park admission immediately upon arrival? Given that I'm sure they will arrive before we stay at FW, I am anxious to use it and will probably find myself running to the park the day it arrives. I am just hoping that I don't have to wait until Dec 6 to use it.

I am fairly new to this board so I apologize if this has been answered already. We have reservations for a FW weekend getaway Dec 6-8 and just customized our magic bands this morning. We are AP holders and live in Orlando. I will be linking our AP to the magic bands.

My main question is.....will the magic band work for park admission immediately upon arrival? Given that I'm sure they will arrive before we stay at FW, I am anxious to use it and will probably find myself running to the park the day it arrives. I am just hoping that I don't have to wait until Dec 6 to use it.

You will not be able to schedule FP+ selections until the first day of your resort stay, but your MB should work for everything else right away. It will let you into the parks and, if you have a credit card tied to your MDEx account, will be valid for charging.

You will also be able to make same-day FP+ selections from the kiosks in the parks before your check in day. You just won't be able to schedule them days in advance until your resort stay.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am not worried about scheduling any FP+ before our check-in dates. I just enjoy walking around the parks during the evenings.

I am confused a bit though, you said that I could charge with the magicband immediately if I have a credit card tied to MDE? I thought was only while you were currently staying at the resort. So then would the charging abilities work even after check-out? With each transaction just getting posted to my credit card?

Thanks again!

We had to go to the guest services window to link out AP to our Magic Bands. It was not automatic.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am not worried about scheduling any FP+ before our check-in dates. I just enjoy walking around the parks during the evenings.

I am confused a bit though, you said that I could charge with the magicband immediately if I have a credit card tied to MDE? I thought was only while you were currently staying at the resort. So then would the charging abilities work even after check-out? With each transaction just getting posted to my credit card?

Thanks again!

If you have a credit card tied to your MDEx profile you will be able to charge. If you only put a card down for resort-stay expenses you will not. If you go into your account you will see a section that says Method of Payment. If you link a cc there you should be able to charge at any time.

We had to go to the guest services window to link out AP to our Magic Bands. It was not automatic.

You can do this yourself at home. You simply link your AP to the Tickets & Passes section of MDEx. I did ours at home with no issue. I was even able to link DS's voucher. He will have to go to Guest Services to activate it, but it is already linked to his account.

You can do this yourself at home. You simply link your AP to the Tickets & Passes section of MDEx. I did ours at home with no issue. I was even able to link DS's voucher. He will have to go to Guest Services to activate it, but it is already linked to his account.

I was going to say the same thing. Linked both mine and DHS and made FP+ reservations. We do have a resort reservation too.

We're in a similar spot, so i would love to hear how it goes for you. We actually are renewing our AP's (we've got renewal vouchers that automatically linked to our account) and staying with friends Dec. 26-30 and visiting the parks a bit, and I just finished customizing our bands for our stay Dec 31-Jan 4. Our plan is to swing by and get our AP's activated on Dec 26 on our way to their house, and make sure that everything is linked. Hoping that when the time comes to select FP+ for our stay, it doesn't screw something up once activated since its technically a voucher.

Credit card will not work unless staying at a resort. Our magicbands worked for everything while we stayed at the resort in September. We have APs and go just about every weekend, have a CC on file with MDEX but the magicband does not work for charging at this point. Hopefully one day it will work for charging.

Credit card will not work unless staying at a resort. Our magicbands worked for everything while we stayed at the resort in September. We have APs and go just about every weekend, have a CC on file with MDEX but the magicband does not work for charging at this point. Hopefully one day it will work for charging.

Interesting. We were told it would. Perhaps the CM meant someday. I would think that this would definitely be a component of the full roll out. That way off-property/local guests could use their bands for charging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter