• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magicband+

Eventually the battery will stop holding a charge, but I see screws in the above picture. Theoretically you could change the battery if that were to happen. Might involve some soldering...

This could also just be a pre-production model. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the final version was a sealed unit.

Yeah, but it will last MUCH longer thant he current models. I don't expect to be able to easily replace the battery, but just being able to recharge it is a huge improvement.

Eventually the battery will stop holding a charge, but I see screws in the above picture. Theoretically you could change the battery if that were to happen. Might involve some soldering...

This could also just be a pre-production model. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the final version was a sealed unit.
I think it's the same as the MB2. Those screws hold the central "icon" (puck) into the bracelet. I don't think they let you get "inside" the electronics, they just allow you to swap your puck out for a different one.

Yeah, but it will last MUCH longer thant he current models. I don't expect to be able to easily replace the battery, but just being able to recharge it is a huge improvement.
I never had much problem with the MB2 battery. It lasts two years. Then after two years, you could buy a new band with a fresh battery for $5. Then stick that $5 puck in your old fancy band. Do this twice, and you get 6 years of use for $10.

Considering this will almost certainly cost at least $10 than MB2, I don't see it as a huge win from the "battery longevity" angle.

I think it's the same as the MB2. Those screws hold the central "icon" (puck) into the bracelet. I don't think they let you get "inside" the electronics, they just allow you to swap your puck out for a different one.
I thought I read this one didn't have a removable puck.

I guess they will provide the charging cable/dock. The original tweet said something about a USB magnetic charging cable, which made no sense at the time. If it connects to the band and then has USB on the other end, it might look similar to a Fitbit charging cable. However, I believe the Fitbit cable allows data to go through, not just power. This would just be power, must less electronic and much cheaper.

I guess they will provide the charging cable/dock. The original tweet said something about a USB magnetic charging cable, which made no sense at the time. If it connects to the band and then has USB on the other end, it might look similar to a Fitbit charging cable. However, I believe the Fitbit cable allows data to go through, not just power. This would just be power, must less electronic and much cheaper.
That's how my smart watch charges..

Attachments

• 16333796147767913552447851779018.jpg
    16333796147767913552447851779018.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5

Interested if they'll remake some with the older patterns.
I'd get one of my favorite Disney character (That's less than the 170$ someone wants on eBay).

I'm quite surprised by this honestly. I thought they were going to slowly deemphasize MBs over the next year or so and then have them quietly retired.

I'm 100% for this and assuming a price in the $50 range, I'm sure I will be getting one (or 10).

I could swear that they were going to phase out MBs too and just make us use our phones for everything. (I am fine using my phone to check when my FP or ADR is, but I don't want to be using it constantly.) I am happy that they are keeping them going, but let's be honest - its mostly so I can add another Disney accessory to my parks day outfit...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter