Magicband Question

Nifferous

Earning My Ears
Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, but I just can't find it. How secure are the Magicbands as far as staying on the wrist? I am mostly concerned about my 5 year old. I'm afraid he will mess with it and it will come off. He may leave it alone if we stress that it is important not to lose it, but then again he might not. I saw something on Etsy called a bitbelt to help secure them on. Anyone use one or something like it? Is it necessary? Thanks!

They are fairly secure. At 4, my DD never wanted to wear hers, though. We just kept it in our backpack. They don't have to wear them. Just pull it out when it's needed. I wouldn't buy anything special. I'd just say leave it alone or you're not wearing it.

I've heard of a few stories of people losing them on rides, and these are adults. I don't know if the bitbelts will help if they are fussing with it. WDWPrepschool has a coupon on her site to save some money on them, if you do decide to buy them.

DS3 and DD5 had no problems- they loved having the magic bands on. They knew it was the only way to get in the parks so they were happy to wear them. They were so into everything going on around them that they never messed with the bands.

My 6yo DS wore his last year with no problems. Never came off and he never bothered it. I think he even slept in it most nights!

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, but I just can't find it. How secure are the Magicbands as far as staying on the wrist? I am mostly concerned about my 5 year old. I'm afraid he will mess with it and it will come off. He may leave it alone if we stress that it is important not to lose it, but then again he might not. I saw something on Etsy called a bitbelt to help secure them on. Anyone use one or something like it? Is it necessary? Thanks!
I can speak on this with first hand knowledge. My DD14 lost her MagicBand while riding Expedition Everest. Luckily for us, it landed inside the car. But, we were on a school trip and a couple other students lost theirs on rides. We are a family who goes to Disney World like others go to the beach. So for our next trip in June, I bought the bitbelts. If nothing, it gives us a since of security. I paid like $20.00 for four (they actually gave us one extra to make it 5) bitbelts. So, from a DD, I HIGHLY recommend purchasing a little "security" in the bitbelts. (I'm not a paid actor.)

We were worried about this also. One thing we did was walk "band to band" so kids bands on right hand and parent's bands on left- that way their bands were always closest to us and helped to keep us secure in the knowledge that they were still in place. I also just pinched their bands periodically during the day, though they always seemed secure. I've only heard of people losing them in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter