• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MagicBand Question

18sprint

Mouseketeer
When I booked our trip for 4, on My Disney Experience, the option to customize our magicbands was there. So I did. Color, names, we're good to go. The button says that I have until Oct. to customize our bands....even though I have and clicked "done". Ok.

Then, I purchased annual passes for two of us, the other two already had 7-day passes they are going to use. Low and behold, 2 more magicbands show up on MDE for me to customize. So, assuming these showed up because of the annual pass purchase, I went ahead and chose color and names, clicked done...Here's where it changed. I now had the option to have the 2 bands shipped! Which I did and they arrived about 5 days later.

My questions are: When will my other magicbands ship? Will I receive 4 since that is what the order is still showing? This would mean I could end up with 6 magicbands for 4 people. :confused3 Then, assuming I get 6 bands, how do I know which ones to use. Looks to me like a mess in the makings!

When I booked our trip for 4, on My Disney Experience, the option to customize our magicbands was there. So I did. Color, names, we're good to go. The button says that I have until Oct. to customize our bands....even though I have and clicked "done". Ok.

Then, I purchased annual passes for two of us, the other two already had 7-day passes they are going to use. Low and behold, 2 more magicbands show up on MDE for me to customize. So, assuming these showed up because of the annual pass purchase, I went ahead and chose color and names, clicked done...Here's where it changed. I now had the option to have the 2 bands shipped! Which I did and they arrived about 5 days later.

My questions are: When will my other magicbands ship? Will I receive 4 since that is what the order is still showing? This would mean I could end up with 6 magicbands for 4 people. :confused3 Then, assuming I get 6 bands, how do I know which ones to use. Looks to me like a mess in the makings!

ALL of the MBs issued to an individual will work for that individual, interchangeably.

Any MB issued to YOU will work for YOU.
Any MB issued to PERSON 2 will work for PERSON 2.
Any MB issued to PERSON 3 will work for PERSON 3.
Any MB issued to PERSON 4 will work for PERSON 4.

And, these same MBs will work on any future trips (if any) even though
Disney will likely send NEW MBs for those trips, too.

The resort reservations Magic Bands will ship about 30 days before your arrival at Disney. For the two of you with two MBs (AP and resort reservation), you can use the two interchangeably on the trip. The other two in your party stick to the resort reservation MB.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read, the easiest thing to do is to transfer all info onto one band and deactivate the other. You can do that through the MDE website or ask the resort front desk CM or any Guest Services window to combine them for you. Then pack away the extra.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from what

1. I've read, the easiest thing to do is to transfer all info onto one band and deactivate the other. You can do that through the MDE website or ask the resort front desk CM or any Guest Services window to combine them for you.

2. Then pack away the extra.

1. Why? No need.

2. You can do that, if you want, without "deactivating" the bands.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read, the easiest thing to do is to transfer all info onto one band and deactivate the other.

Unnecessary. Nothing is stored on the actual MagicBand except for a unique id number. The MagicBand along with all entitlements (room reservation, park admission, FP+ selections, etc.) are all linked to MDE profiles. The MagicBand just pulls data from your MDE profile. All active MagicBands assigned to an individual will work interchangeably.

Unnecessary. Nothing is stored on the actual MagicBand except for a unique id number. The MagicBand along with all entitlements (room reservation, park admission, FP+ selections, etc.) are all linked to MDE profiles. The MagicBand just pulls data from your MDE profile. All active MagicBands assigned to an individual will work interchangeably.

I understand they should be all linked to your MDE and can't explain why they wouldn't be :confused3 but, they are not ALWAYS linked! Especially if you don't do everything in a bundle. for ex. My resort reservation was not linked to my bands, I just purchased my SP, I had to enter the confirmation # to link them. So just make sure everything is linked before you head out.

1. Why? No need.

2. You can do that, if you want, without "deactivating" the bands.

You're right, you can do it yourself, (but some find it best to have a CM help, all of this new stuff can be quite confusing)

I was unaware you could do it without deactivating the other bands. However, not sure it's a good idea to have additional bands active. You can always reactivate them. :confused3JMHO

I was unaware you could do it without deactivating the other bands. However, not sure it's a good idea to have additional bands active. You can always reactivate them.

No need to deactivate any MagicBands that are still in your possession. I've made multiple trips with multiple MagicBands assigned to me and never deactivated any of them. I used them interchangeably during my stay with no issues.

We 5 magic bands each, use them all each trip, have never deactivated any. They are all decorated, only ever had one glitch that a cm fixed immediately.

I only have one band and have it since they first came out. I keep hearing about deactivating them but there is no need to. To test this theory I had a CM friend bring it in to work and scan it ( at a security kiosk where they would have more info just like a front desk) .

All it said was First and Last name has no ADRS or Reservations. We do have an ADR in less than a month BUT that will only show up 24 to 48 hrs before when it comes to scanning the band.

This is very simple no need to worry about personal info. I have had credit cards linked with MDE for many reservations. Once the reservations are gone so is the info, in other words I can't go to DTD right now and scan a band at a store with the bill the room option. There is no room and no CC linked. Even though there is a CC on file in my MDE account it is NOT active. So no need to do anything.

I hope I am making this easy to understand.

Then, assuming I get 6 bands, how do I know which ones to use. Looks to me like a mess in the makings!

The bands will be customized how you made them, so the very simple answer to how do you know is to look at what you out on the back of the bands. Names or nicknames will help you get them to the right people. In case you are asking about just the two extra, the ap holders can use whichever of their bands they wish.

What I'm finding interesting is the question of have you used the APs? I didn't realize they were sending ap bands for not-yet-activated APs but you didn't mention you had used them yet. So I'm curious about it!

What I'm finding interesting is the question of have you used the APs? I didn't realize they were sending ap bands for not-yet-activated APs but you didn't mention you had used them yet. So I'm curious about it!

Yes I'm wondering about this as well. We have two on-site reservations coming up PLUS we have the vouchers for our DVC APs that we purchased, but there was nothing special about ordering additional MBs. As far as I can tell, we have two MBs pending right now, one for each of our upcoming on-site ressies.

AFAIK, the OP didn't said that they HAD the AP bands, only that they knew they were "coming."
Unless something has changed (and everything changes all the time) even if you click the box that says to send the AP's to X address, the AP bands will not be shipped until after this upcoming trip (after the AP's have actually been activated at WDW.)

All of that said, the OP will, in fact, eventually have all of the MBs discussed…
AND, (likely) ANOTHER SET of them sent if the OP's next trip is to a WDW resort.

ALL of those bands (and the bands from this current trip) can be used on the upcoming trip, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter