• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MagicBand CC - Room Charge vs Charges at Park

CodeGoddess

DIS Veteran
We have a bit of a unique situation. We have one room where the two people in it want to split the costs. One person will pay for the hotel costs when they check in via one credit card. The second person wants both peoples park purchases (meals, souvenirs, ect) via magicaband to charge to a different credit card.

Which areas in the MDE app does each person need to set up to do this? How does the charging for the room (room only reservation so pay on check in) differ from whats set up in the MDE app?

I don't think you'll be able to do it that way. MDE and the Magic Band card features aren't coded for unique situations.

Once the person pays for the room upon check in have the CM remove that Credit Card from the MDE account of both Magic Bands and add the other persons. My Sister and her friend just did this same arrangement in January.

Once the person pays for the room upon check in have the CM remove that Credit Card from the MDE account of both Magic Bands and add the other persons. My Sister and her friend just did this same arrangement in January.

Awesome! Thank you! So the card that we put in the MDE account with the magic band, does that do anything?

Awesome! Thank you! So the card that we put in the MDE account with the magic band, does that do anything?

Yes, if the reservation is a room only and there's a balance still owed on the room that card may be charged on check in day before you arrive. And then unless you change it, anything charged to the room via any Magic Band from that room will get charged to that card.

Yes, if the reservation is a room only and there's a balance still owed on the room that card may be charged on check in day before you arrive. And then unless you change it, anything charged to the room via any Magic Band from that room will get charged to that card.

Got it! Thank you for making that so clear. It's not very clear in the MDE app. :)

The MDE app does not communicate with the hotel credit card system. If you place a card on file with the online check in, the hotel will receive that information. Splitting charges is no issue at all, tell them at check in that you want to pay with one card and charge with another and they can do that. They can also put different cards on different bands individually if you would like that.

We had a similar situation in Dec. I would have the room paid via the person/card you want to use just prior to going down. When you check in add the cc you want to use to charge while you are there. I think this will eliminate any errant charges to the wrong card and give you peace of mind. We thought we had it worked out when we were at check in, but it all went to one card. It was easy for us to split once we got home, but you may want to avoid that issue. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter