MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

How Long Does It Take to Recharge a MagicBand+?

So, we broke out our 10W portable charging brick and hooked up our MagicBand+ to it to begin charging. From a starting position of “Charge Soon” to a charge state of “Full” it took 75 minutes. That said, we don’t think that all “full” charge states are created equal. Without a battery percentage displayed in the My Disney Experience app, it’s possible that “full” could start at 85%. What seems to be clear in our testing is that “full” is not always 100%.

We had two MagicBand+ wearables showing “full” when we started playing the Batuu Bounty Hunters game, and one showed “low” 90 minutes into playing while the other one showed “partial” at the same time. While it’s possible that the MagicBand+ devices could have experienced different power drain, it’s more likely that the “full” on one MagicBand+ wasn’t the exact same as the “full” on another MagicBand+.
If you purchase a MagicBand+, we would plan on a full charge taking at least 90 minutes. From there, the MagicBand+ will lose battery at various rates based on usage. The Batuu Bounty Hunters game seems to be the biggest drain on the battery life with MagicBand+ batteries lasting anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours while playing the game. If you plan on playing Batuu Bounty Hunters, make sure that you have a way to recharge your MagicBand+ while at the parks. Disney officially says that MagicBand+ will last anywhere from 1-3 days.
Thanks for this. I ordered 2 bands (split stay) so I think I'll just charge them both at night and then use one till it runs out and then switch to the other while I hook the dead one up to my portable power bank.

Common problem according to Tom Bricker (Disney Tourist Blog), I simply changed from Edge to Chrome and it went through at once while Edge was still trying to load.
I learned the hard way (half hour trying to book Paul McCartney tickets and kept getting "can't complete, try again" message as the available seats quickly disappeared) that when there is a loading problem, switch out of Edge to Chrome, and most likely the problem will stop.

Do you guys think that Orange Bird one is fine for a guy? I know that's a very personal choice, and the colors are more feminine but it's neat that it's an orange on the main design. I'm down to the Toy Story, Millennium Falcon gray star wars, black Mickey, and Orange Bird. Had just weeded out Up.

My friend agreed that the black Mickey would look cool lit up due to the black background and side design colors, but hesitant due to it being hot from the sun. I never felt my black watch was super hot. We were both surprised no Marvel. Would have liked a Figment.
Colors don’t have genders. Wear what makes you happy.

Actually, they can't. You have to order them all at once. Once declined you can not go back and order for people who declined. You can buy them at WDW or on Shop Disney, you just don't get the discount.
I can. I have an alternate way, but it doesn't matter because no one else wants one.
Just the kids. Their parents will have to help them with the games anyway

Do you guys think that Orange Bird one is fine for a guy? I know that's a very personal choice, and the colors are more feminine but it's neat that it's an orange on the main design. I'm down to the Toy Story, Millennium Falcon gray star wars, black Mickey, and Orange Bird. Had just weeded out Up.

My friend agreed that the black Mickey would look cool lit up due to the black background and side design colors, but hesitant due to it being hot from the sun. I never felt my black watch was super hot. We were both surprised no Marvel. Would have liked a Figment.
You do you! I personally think the Orange Bird design is one of the nicest options! I love Stitch and wasn't as impressed with that design.

As for Marvel, I was also confused when I saw them pop up in person. Maybe it's some sort of licensing issue? IDK. I would love a Spider-Man one.

How Long Does It Take to Recharge a MagicBand+?

So, we broke out our 10W portable charging brick and hooked up our MagicBand+ to it to begin charging. From a starting position of “Charge Soon” to a charge state of “Full” it took 75 minutes. That said, we don’t think that all “full” charge states are created equal. Without a battery percentage displayed in the My Disney Experience app, it’s possible that “full” could start at 85%. What seems to be clear in our testing is that “full” is not always 100%.

We had two MagicBand+ wearables showing “full” when we started playing the Batuu Bounty Hunters game, and one showed “low” 90 minutes into playing while the other one showed “partial” at the same time. While it’s possible that the MagicBand+ devices could have experienced different power drain, it’s more likely that the “full” on one MagicBand+ wasn’t the exact same as the “full” on another MagicBand+.
If you purchase a MagicBand+, we would plan on a full charge taking at least 90 minutes. From there, the MagicBand+ will lose battery at various rates based on usage. The Batuu Bounty Hunters game seems to be the biggest drain on the battery life with MagicBand+ batteries lasting anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours while playing the game. If you plan on playing Batuu Bounty Hunters, make sure that you have a way to recharge your MagicBand+ while at the parks. Disney officially says that MagicBand+ will last anywhere from 1-3 days.\

Nice to see they tested patterned bands after all the solid colors were pulled. Lots of bloggers are using the solid colors they got with the accidental Disney Springs release.

I find it interesting the solid options haven't been pulled from the MB customization page if they are having issues.

If you purchase a MagicBand+, we would plan on a full charge taking at least 90 minutes. From there, the MagicBand+ will lose battery at various rates based on usage. The Batuu Bounty Hunters game seems to be the biggest drain on the battery life with MagicBand+ batteries lasting anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours while playing the game. If you plan on playing Batuu Bounty Hunters, make sure that you have a way to recharge your MagicBand+ while at the parks. Disney officially says that MagicBand+ will last anywhere from 1-3 days.
I salute the dedication of anyone spending 3 hours doing that. I don't think I could stay with it for more than 30 minutes, so I should be good with the charge lasting for the day.

To be honest these seem more trouble than their limited new functionality is worth. Maybe we'll get one for our daughter so she can wave to the statues and we'll just get the regulars for the adults.

You do you! I personally think the Orange Bird design is one of the nicest options! I love Stitch and wasn't as impressed with that design.

As for Marvel, I was also confused when I saw them pop up in person. Maybe it's some sort of licensing issue? IDK. I would love a Spider-Man one.
I agree, I like Stitch too but thought they could have done a better design for that one. Toy Story, the center is good with the Alien, but more colors for Buzz and Woody instead of no color.

I thought limit 2 in person, but yesterday eBay seller had numerous listings, with some Iron Man ones for $80.

wondering how long it usually takes for MB to be shipped. placed the order first thing in AM yesterday via MDE

Last edited:
I agree, I like Stitch too but thought they could have done a better design for that one. Toy Story, the center is good with the Alien, but more colors for Buzz and Woody instead of no color.

I thought limit 2 in person, but yesterday eBay seller had numerous listings, with some Iron Man ones for $80.
Probably 2 per design per person - but these hoard-to-sell people likely have multiple people buying them.

Free shipping today on ShopDisney. Wish I had waited a day to buy my second one. Could’ve saved $$$

Edited - I did get one on MDE yesterday and also bought a second one on ShopDisney

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter