• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magicband and split stay

SillyMe

<font color=green>I love trying to figure out myst
We are staying at ASMo the first night, then moving over to AKV for the rest of the week (renting DVC points). I have both reservations linked to MDE, however, it's only showing the first night at ASMo linked to my Magicband. Is there something else I need to do or will the AKV be automatically linked to the bands, too, even though it's not showing it?

I don't think you'll have a problem. If you do, it's pretty easy for them to work out the kinks.

A Magic Band can only open the door at one resort. Once you check-out of Movies and check into AKV it will be fine.

My family and I did a split stay in January, CB and BC. I think our night at BC was linked to our bands, but they did have a set of bands for us at the second hotel. (The generic gray ones.) But, if you're unsure, it doesn't hurt to call and double check.

Are you saying that if you look in MDE all you see is the ASMo stay? That the AKV stay is not showing? Just add it manually using a confirmation number. Problem solved. You'll get 2 sets of MB but they'll all work the same so you can use whatever one you want. We have a 3 way split stay coming up soon, so 3 sets of bands. I planned different colors so I can match outfits ;)

Are you saying that if you look in MDE all you see is the ASMo stay? That the AKV stay is not showing? Just add it manually using a confirmation number. Problem solved. You'll get 2 sets of MB but they'll all work the same so you can use whatever one you want. We have a 3 way split stay coming up soon, so 3 sets of bands. I planned different colors so I can match outfits ;)
Both reservations are there in MDE, but I'm only receiving the set of magicbands that are linked to the first night stay at ASMo. How do you get the second set of MagicBands for AKV?

Both reservations are there in MDE, but I'm only receiving the set of magicbands that are linked to the first night stay at ASMo. How do you get the second set of MagicBands for AKV?
It should show you where to customize the bands right on MDE. (Click on the Magic Band link)
Though do know it's not necessary. MB store no data. They are simply a means the scanners use to access the data in your MDE account. Any band registered to you will access the same data. If you don't customize and request shipment of the 2nd set they'll be there waiting at the resort when you check in.

I've had four reservations at once and all showed in the MB section for me to order. Something has gone wrong with how the reservation is linked.

If you don't customize them they'll have grey ones they'll want you to take. Unless you like grey you should delink it and get the colors you want.

Yes, the reservation to AKV is there, but it only gave me the option to order MB's for ASMo.

Yes, the reservation to AKV is there, but it only gave me the option to order MB's for ASMo.
Odd for sure. When I click on the Magic Band and Ticket page in MDE I see all 4 of my current reservations and can customize and order 4 sets of bands. If you want a 2nd set customized you can call and see if they can fix it but if you plan to use the same band for the entire stay or are fine with grey ones then I wouldn't bother calling

Odd for sure. When I click on the Magic Band and Ticket page in MDE I see all 4 of my current reservations and can customize and order 4 sets of bands. If you want a 2nd set customized you can call and see if they can fix it but if you plan to use the same band for the entire stay or are fine with grey ones then I wouldn't bother calling
Can I use the same bands for the whole week? Can they link the AKV to the ASMo bands when I get there and check in at AKV?

Can I use the same bands for the whole week? Can they link the AKV to the ASMo bands when I get there and check in at AKV?
Sure. Bands hold no data. They are simply a means for the scanner to read the data stored in your MDE account. If you look at the Magic Band page on your MDE account it tells you the active bands on your account can be used interchangeable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter