• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Treasures

bhaz

Earning My Ears
Leaving for our land/sea vacation on 5/19 and just wanted to hear from anyone that had ordered stateroom gifts from Magical Treasures.

Our cruise is for our 15th wedding anniversary, so I was thinking of ordering the Bon Voyage package (champagne and chocolates) as a suprise for my DH (and myself of course!;) ). Just wondered if it was worth the cost.

Also, the kids have been through so much this year (death of 2 grandparents, death of 2 classmates, serious illness of favorite tacher)and they are such good kids, that I would like to give them some kind of suprise also (not that this great trip isn't enough). Does anyone know if the Magic Dreams is still available?

Thanks for your help!
bhaz

I haven't cruised yet, but I did place an order for The Oceaneers Adventure in Magical Treasures. The rep I spoke to said that Magic Dreams is available, but I like the stuff that came with the Oceaneers pack better so I chose it. As far as are they worth it, I think the suprise in my daughters eyes and on her face when she reads the card (Have a Magical Cruise, Love Mommy and Daddy) and opens the gift will make it worth 10x the price.

Also check out www.theperfectgift.cc for gifts. They are less expensive and have a greater selection. I really wanted something for my dd that said Disney Cruise Line on it, so that is why I got the Magical Treasures package. It is definately worth looking.

FYI - You do need a credit card to place the order over the phone.

Hope this helps.

We ordered the Magic Dreams for my DD10 for Mar. 30...Being 10 I thought the book was a little young, but was told "no substitutes". The pillowcase was great - she sleeps with it every night. She gave the book to her 3 yr. old cousin, and the scary looking petrified cookies were left alone! It was probably poor value, but she loves the pillowcase!

When she was 8 the travel agent sent her the Oceaneer's Adventure - it was a hit. She still uses the duffel bag on all her cruises and trips.

Disney just places the items, unwrapped on the bed. I bought a on-board Credit through Magic Treasures for my mom, and it was overlooked since it was placed on the dresser with all the other paper items (ie. Navigators) that are left for you.

But the Magic Dreams looked pretty bland sitting next to Joanne's creation from "The Perfect Gift" (a combo beach and Easter basket). Joanne went to alot of trouble to create a special basket for her 10 year old customer (sought out comic books with cruise themes!). DD10 eyes just bugged out -and I know she'll never forget it!

Sounds like you and your children can really use the relaxation and treats the cruise will bring - enjoy! You're due for some pixie dust!
:p

I want to thank you for the beautiful picture we received in the mail today - but most of all for your thoughtful remarks about Joanne - she is very good in her work and puts her heart into it - this is what our shop is all about - Your daughter is beautiful and thank you again for sharing - she is pinned with the rest of our "stars".
Take care and most of all safe.
Always
Shirley

I had ordered a photo album and mug for my adult DD as her birthday was the day we sailed. What a disappointment to get each item in a crumpled looking DCL paperbag! A small strip of white paper was stapled on each one with my "have a memorable birthday" stapled to them. Sure wish I'd gone with "Perfect Gift". I did think the duffle bag for kids was nice. It was just sitting in our room waiting for my DGD and she loved the binoculars and other goodies that were inside.

The Oceaneers Adventure Duffle gift is really nice! Both my kids enjoyed them on the ship and still use them two years later! They wash up well too!

Another plug for Perfect Gift.....we got our daughter (10) the Mickey Mouse Head backpack filled with snacks. It's really nice and she loves it. It's a heavy canvas backpack (not really big enough for lots of school books, but she carries reading books in it for car trips) that you can interchange the picture in the front...you really have to see it on her website. The two "ears" also zip open to hide favorite little things like handheld games and trinkets.

Thanks for your help. I think I will check out The Perfect Gift also!
bhaz :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter