Magical Southern Caribbean ~ 9/20/14

ATTENTION PEOPLE! I'd like to introduce you to my friend garRy......who makes it his mission to always try to get the first post at the top of each new page.
Someone needs to challenge his pirate pirate: skills and beat him at this game!!!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good to know.:goodvibes:goodvibes

This cruise will be Disney cruise number 12, with one Princess, 3 NCL (not counting the one coming up) and 4 Carnival. So I guess by the time we finish this cruise, that will be 21, in 12 years. Maybe it's time to find another hobby?:confused3

NAH!!!!!:goodvibes
Are you DVC, as they just sent out an offer for a September 14th cruise? If we weren't broke from our Med cruise and I am coaching and can't get away, we would be GONE!pirate:
Hard to pass up 7 nights in the Caribbean with a balcony for just under $1000 each person! Yet, I have to wait :mad:
Later,
Sue

Are you DVC, as they just sent out an offer for a September 14th cruise? If we weren't broke from our Med cruise and I am coaching and can't get away, we would be GONE!pirate:
Hard to pass up 7 nights in the Caribbean with a balcony for just under $1000 each person! Yet, I have to wait :mad:
Later,
Sue

No DVC for us. Before Disney had DVC, we already owned a timeshare property....ended up, we never used it, so we finally sold it. I couldn't convince my husband to buy into one again.

No DVC for us. Before Disney had DVC, we already owned a timeshare property....ended up, we never used it, so we finally sold it. I couldn't convince my husband to buy into one again.
My husband is a DVC addict, once we bought and used it. Well he loves Disney service and it is so nice to have a guaranteed vacation waiting for us. We had a time share beforehand and this is nothing like it. At least with ours, it isn't. We had our week and that was it. It was impossible to exchange and if we did, it was impossible to get the place and time we wanted. DVC is so easy. Almost too easy! :beach:
Let me know if you need good stuff to convince him:cool2:
Later,
Sue
BTW, we have contracts at SSR, VGC, AKV and Aulani :blush:

Later,
Sue

We booked it! And convinced our friends (also DVC) to book it as well. Can't beat that price on the Fantasy.

We booked it! And convinced our friends (also DVC) to book it as well. Can't beat that price on the Fantasy.
You will have to let us know what you thought of the ports! We have done the Eastern twice and I would like to see the other ports, too. Grand Cayman! Oh the diving/snorkeling... But then I guess the Southern will be new, too. But please, post afterwards and let me know what you thought!:surfweb:
Later,
Sue

You will have to let us know what you thought of the ports! We have done the Eastern twice and I would like to see the other ports, too. Grand Cayman! Oh the diving/snorkeling... But then I guess the Southern will be new, too. But please, post afterwards and let me know what you thought!:surfweb:
Later,
Sue

We've actually been to all the ports, Sue, some multiple times.

We LOVE Grand Cayman, although it's a tender port due to the reefs, and sometimes it's too rough for the tenders to run. On our various trips one, the other or both of us have taken a private excursion to stingray city, taken the city bus to Hell, taken the city bus to the Botanical Garden, and visited a bookstore, city museum and artist market in Georgetown.

We love Cozumel. The dock is long and there are pedicabs to carry you to shore. The vendors are aggressive but back off to 'no, thank you'. The best souvenir shop is actually upstairs, right across the street, but of course we have to go walkabout to be sure we don't miss anything. LOVE the beach Nachicocoom, but there's another whose name I have forgotten that is also good. This trip we are going to Chakanaab

I went to Costa Maya on the EBPC last December (on the last day of the Mayan Calendar). I didn't take an excursion, but those who did had fun -although said there was not enough time for shopping. There is also a beachclub that many people visited and they really enjoyed it.

I went walk about and shopped. Wish I had worn my bathing suit and coverup because there's a lovely pool in the center of the shopping. And, this trip, since I'll be with friends, I will eat at one of the shoreside restaurants.

This is a "made" for cruise ships port. There IS no town. Just shopping, dining, and excursion opportunities. They do have some native entertainment and photo ops.

Castaway Cay - what can you say? Paradise.

Just curious, has anyone heard anything additional about the issue in San Juan that occurred when the Fantasy was there recently? Hoping it won't affect our trip.

Just curious, has anyone heard anything additional about the issue in San Juan that occurred when the Fantasy was there recently? Hoping it won't affect our trip.

I hadn't heard anything....what happened?? :confused:

Usually if there's any kind of problem that Disney or the Port Authorities can fix or change, they do it right away, and that makes even less to worry about.

YAY!!! GOTCHA gaRry!!!! Nabbed a T.O.P.!!! princess:pirate:

ANY DIVERS OUT THERE?

I post this periodically so that the newbies can read it.....

My husband Richard is an experienced diver of over 30 years and loves to dive on the islands when we cruise. Are there any divers amongst you who would be signing up for dive packages or organise your own dives?

pixiedust:

ANY DIVERS OUT THERE?

I post this periodically so that the newbies can read it.....

My husband Richard is an experienced diver of over 30 years and loves to dive on the islands when we cruise. Are there any divers amongst you who would be signing up for dive packages or organise your own dives?

pixiedust:

Just snorkelers here. We've often ended up with a "mixed" group. As we start to get a little closer, I'm going to be looking into operators who will take us out in a boat to snorkel.....and we usually book ourselves rather than with the cruise line. If I come up with ones who offer both diving and snorkeling, even if it's on different boats, I'll post the info.

Just snorkelers here. We've often ended up with a "mixed" group. As we start to get a little closer, I'm going to be looking into operators who will take us out in a boat to snorkel.....and we usually book ourselves rather than with the cruise line. If I come up with ones who offer both diving and snorkeling, even if it's on different boats, I'll post the info.

Hello Snorkelers!

Thanks and we will keep an eye open in case you post any info. Richard said he may go snorkelling if there is no diving.

:fish:

I read the article posted here and hopped over to the main DIS cruise boards to see if there were any 1st hand accounts. :surfweb: My head spins so much trying to read on the DIS boards. With all the abbreviations, it makes it almost impossible to do a search. I gave up but if anyone runs across a trip report or something, I think it would be interesting to get a 1st hand account. I try not to start a new thread asking as it sometimes makes more trouble than it is worth. :rotfl:

Later,
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter