Magical Southern Caribbean ~ 9/20/14

Hi everyone! Just booked this cruise today and am very very excited about it.

Number of adults / children in your group: 3 adults/2 children (ages 7 & 4)
Names of adults in your group: Karen (Me), DD Cathy, DSIL Guillo, DGD Mariana, and DGS Guilly.
What state do you live in: I live in NJ but my kids are from PR
Want to join in the FE fun? Thanks but never seem to have luggage space

I'm the DVC/DCL veteran in the group. This will be my 13th cruise. I know that's not a lot compared to some but I still consider myself experienced. I love the classic ships and we are all very excited about the Southern Caribbean itinerary. This will be the first cruise for all of my daughter's family. I've waited a long time for them to want to cruise with me. They are very excited not to have to fly anywhere to travel. They have also been looking for ways to visit other Caribbean Islands without having to fly back to the US to do it.:goodvibes

Glad to see so much action for this cruise on the boards as I don't do Facebook. Keep up the good work:rotfl2:

Tinked,
First, I am in awe of how many cruises. We just finished out 6th and I believe we were on the Canada Cruise together. At least by your list it looks like it. :flower3: Did you join in the DIS meet we had then?

I am so excited for this cruise as I have wanted to see other islands and the possibility of seeing a little of PR, sounds good, too. You children are from PR, did they move there or did you move to NJ?

And DVC for so long, too? We have only been since 2007 with SSR. Since then we have added AKV, VGC and Aulani. :scared1:

Well...Welcome to the group :grouphug:
Later,
Sue

SueTGGR, yes I did go to the cruise meet on the first 5-day. Someone had done shirts but I didn't get in on that. That was really a nice group. It's so much fun to see the people you meet at the meet all around the ship for the next 5 days. It's like having a community, as you are walking around or waiting for dinner you have people to say hi to. Just like you would at home with neighbors. :wave2:

I need to edit my list as I had to cancel the Panama Canal cruise. So that's still on my bucket list. And 2014 doesn't look good either.

My daughter and her husband met at graduate school. My DSIL is from PR and they married and both teach at the university there. My grandkids are also bilingual and I hope they love the Oceaneers Club. My 4 yr old DGS is very shy so I'm hoping since they will be together everything will work out. At least for a Palo's Brunch..

We bought the DVC sight unseen and have never regretted it. I have OKW and BCV.
Karen

Yes, Karen we were late coming to the meet so we really didn't get much of a chance to actually meet anyone. I didn't know about the shirts but I am not much in to "matching" stuff. But it was an interesting group of people. We had sailed before with one of the couples, Cathy and Dave from Maryland? Anyway, it was fun to be on the 1st cruise from NYC to Canada.
We just finished the 7 night Barcelona one and stayed for a bit in Italy. That was amazing but it put a serious dent in our finances. The only reason we booked this one was because I am hoping to find at least part time work to help dig us out of debt before we have to pay this one off. Not good but it happens every once in awhile.
Your Grand Kids will love Oceaneers! In a way I'm sure my son wishes he was younger so he could go back in there to do the cool stuff they do. He is happy with playing video games in the Edge, though. I'm sure you can get your daughter and her DH in for a brunch or dinner at Palo! Especially since it will be upgraded and redecorated in there, you have to at least try, right?
What about the Caribe Hilton? I am thinking about getting out where it isn't so busy.
Later,
Sue

Sue, My daughter mention a Sheraton in the port area that she had a conference at recently. Said it was very nice and not badly priced. I'm thinking I will fly into SJU and stay overnight possibly there so that they don't have to drive me to the ship also. Maybe they will join me. And then go home with them for a week or so. But it is still 443 days away.:confused3

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I was trying to work out in the yard but it keeps sprinkling so I thought I would see what's going on....:happytv:

I've been looking at hotels in the Old San Juan area but the 1 Sheraton that was recommended will not allow bookings for the Friday night before our cruise (1 night stay). So I'm back to the drawing board. Does anyone have any suggestions?:worship:

Looks like the rain has stopped... need to go......:moped:

Debbie

Sue, My daughter mention a Sheraton in the port area that she had a conference at recently. Said it was very nice and not badly priced. I'm thinking I will fly into SJU and stay overnight possibly there so that they don't have to drive me to the ship also. Maybe they will join me. And then go home with them for a week or so. But it is still 443 days away.:confused3

That hotel is already booking for the days in September but they won't allow a 1 night stay. You have to stay two nights or longer. Dh and I are booked for Thursday and Friday.

Sent from iPhone

Thanks for the info. I wonder where DCL is booking. I really didn't intend to give this much thought at this time, i'm on the Dream at the end of August. While I like to be planning one ahead this came up fast for me. I'll have to discuss this with my DD.:)

We had this cruise booed for awhile. I happen work doesn't get in the way!! This will be our fourth DCL if we don't take a spontaneous one before then. It will be me and my DW. We live in MO.

We had this cruise booed for awhile. I happen work doesn't get in the way!! This will be our fourth DCL if we don't take a spontaneous one before then. It will be me and my DW. We live in MO.
Welcome, I'm right there with you. I am hoping we don't have to reschedule this. Work could possibly have to trump it though. :headache:

Welcome, I'm right there with you. I am hoping we don't have to reschedule this. Work could possibly have to trump it though. :headache:

I know how it is. We are trying to build a new system and the go live date is September 2014 just not sure what day yet.

:wave2: Hi everybody!!!
I'm still hanging in there, had been sick for more than a month and trying to get my strength back. Haven't looked at the Facebook page much....I really like the Meets threads here. Although, sorry, I haven't been on here much either!

I have a cruise on Norwegian coming up in January, but other than this cruise, nothing planned except visits to Nebraska, where my daughter and son-in-law live with my two grandsons (ages 4&3) and baby girl to arrive sometime the first of September.

This cruise will be Disney cruise number 12, with one Princess, 3 NCL (not counting the one coming up) and 4 Carnival. So I guess by the time we finish this cruise, that will be 21, in 12 years. Maybe it's time to find another hobby?:confused3

NAH!!!!!:goodvibes

:rotfl:
:cool1:
:stir:

okay time to get off THAT PAGE

:cutie:

THAK YOU

AUNTIE Stacey

ALL MINE

:scared1:

garRy:sad2:

ATTENTION PEOPLE! I'd like to introduce you to my friend garRy......who makes it his mission to always try to get the first post at the top of each new page.
Someone needs to challenge his pirate pirate: skills and beat him at this game!!!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter