Magical Oct 4, 2014 Southern Caribbean

We will be on this cruise as well.. Number 6 with Disney! Haven't been on the Magic since 2009.. so be nice to be back on it!!

It'll be myself.. Wife Liz.. pirate: Tony (3) and pirate:Gabe (1).. all of us are Mickey fans :)

Also managed to get my high school buddy and his family to join us as well. so will be a good time!! Along with that our 10 year anniversary and the wife will have her birthday on the cruise. so it will be a happening time :)

That is a lot of celebrations for you!! Welcome to the group

We booked this cruise while on the Magic in the Mediterranean this past summer. I'm just now getting around to doing some investigating and planning for the trip. I've been reading through entries to get ideas and went to the Facebook page and asked for membership into the group page. No response as yet. I also went to the site and entered info for the roll call list. Nothing has shown up yet as to my info entered. At any rate.......my life partner, Bill, and I are excited to set sail :yay:

We booked this cruise while on the Magic in the Mediterranean this past summer. I'm just now getting around to doing some investigating and planning for the trip. I've been reading through entries to get ideas and went to the Facebook page and asked for membership into the group page. No response as yet. I also went to the site and entered info for the roll call list. Nothing has shown up yet as to my info entered. At any rate.......my life partner, Bill, and I are excited to set sail :yay:

Welcome to the group :)

Has anyone used Viator to book excursions or transportation? We did while in Europe this past summer. I highly recommend them. I see they offer an interesting tour of Old San Juan and the Rum factory. We plan to arrive on the 1st to do some exploring before sailing.

Has anyone used Viator to book excursions or transportation? We did while in Europe this past summer. I highly recommend them. I see they offer an interesting tour of Old San Juan and the Rum factory. We plan to arrive on the 1st to do some exploring before sailing.

I have some people meeting me after the cruise to explore San Juan. I have booked with Viator when I went to Cairns, Fiji and Europe. I will look up some info for there as well. I am in a different position because I have 3 kids with me, so I have to do more kid friendly activities. I have been searching trip advisor for the best family activities. We will definitely be touring the city and then I think we are going horseback riding through the rainforest and zip lining or caving..

We are on this cruise too! Lucked onto a verandah room with our DVC points. I had to obsessively call and check the website for over a week! My DH is active duty Army and we are going on this prior to him going to a school for 5 months. We can't wait!

I have read 2 posted times for all aboard on Oct. 4.....9:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. I know there may be people arriving late prior to sailing. Do they hold the safety drill about an hour before departure like they usually do when leaving Port Canaveral? If so, that would be in the middle of dinner seating for some. Just wondering.

We are on this cruise too! Lucked onto a verandah room with our DVC points. I had to obsessively call and check the website for over a week! My DH is active duty Army and we are going on this prior to him going to a school for 5 months. We can't wait!

Welcome to the group :) Glad you were able to get the room category you wanted

Hi, everyone, first post on this thread so, Deb and I are booked for this cruise and of course we are in 5122. looking forward to cruising with all of you.:cool1::cool1: Angie will Dennis be bringing his cabana boy outfit? :rotfl2:I will that's for sure!:dance3:

I have some people meeting me after the cruise to explore San Juan... I am in a different position because I have 3 kids with me, so I have to do more kid friendly activities. I have been searching trip advisor for the best family activities. We will definitely be touring the city and then I think we are going horseback riding through the rainforest and zip lining or caving..

We also plan to do some sightseeing in Puerto Rico, but I haven't had time to do any research yet for this cruise due to a move, the holidays, etc.., so I hope to read through all of the posts some day soon.

What are the ages of your children? My daughter will be 16 at the time of the cruise. If you have time, can you PM me with the info you discovered concerning the kid/family friendly activities you found through Trip Advisor? Moriah would love to ride horseback through the rainforest, and our family enjoys ziplining. Thanks!

Hi, everyone, first post on this thread so, Deb and I are booked for this cruise and of course we are in 5122. looking forward to cruising with all of you.:cool1::cool1: Angie will Dennis be bringing his cabana boy outfit? :rotfl2:I will that's for sure!:dance3:

Welcome to the group :)

We haven't canceled yet, waiting for 2015 dates. But we will not be going on this cruise now.

I think he may have outgrown it. :sad2: Good times though! :dance3:

We also plan to do some sightseeing in Puerto Rico, but I haven't had time to do any research yet for this cruise due to a move, the holidays, etc.., so I hope to read through all of the posts some day soon.

What are the ages of your children? My daughter will be 16 at the time of the cruise. If you have time, can you PM me with the info you discovered concerning the kid/family friendly activities you found through Trip Advisor? Moriah would love to ride horseback through the rainforest, and our family enjoys ziplining. Thanks!

Hi! I am so sorry I am just seeing this. I will PM you tomorrow with the different things I found. Moriah was chatting with Nico (13/14 on the cruise) in the kids thread. You will be able to do more with a 16yo than I will because as of now, I have my two younger children going as well. If that changes, I will be able to do a little more with just Nico. Samantha is 9 and Julianna 12. (at the time of the cruise)

I have read 2 posted times for all aboard on Oct. 4.....9:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. I know there may be people arriving late prior to sailing. Do they hold the safety drill about an hour before departure like they usually do when leaving Port Canaveral? If so, that would be in the middle of dinner seating for some. Just wondering.

I hope someone is able to answer your question. I have only ever been on two cruises and they were simple 3 day cruises. All about 4pm both times. :confused3

Hi everyone! It's time to start splitting the FE folks into groups. Please let me know if you would like to participate in more than one group. I'll divide the groups into 20 cabins each, which runs around 65-75 people per group. We have enough participants for two groups right now and could end up with as many as four groups.

Also, let me know if you would like to be in a group with specific participant(s).

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing ! I can't wait to see what else DCL will offer. Were you in St, Kitts longer then we are going to be ? Wonder if we will have any real time to do anything ?:confused3

For Barbados I was looking at the Harrison cave tour. Did you hear anything about that one ? The tour you did sounds nice.

Sorry for the late reply! I have been concentrating on our February Disney Dream Cruise... Anyway, I seem to remember we had a full day in St. Kitts because that tour was quite long as I recall. I do seem to remember the Harrison Cave tour but did not talk to anyone who did that one. It is amazing how much you can cram into a short visit. On our Baltic (Northern European Capitals) cruise we only had 5 hours in Stockholm, Sweden due to the high tides and getting back to Dover in time. We took a bus tour that included an old town Stockholm walking tour, and the also drove to and had lunch at the oldest town in Sweden and we saw quite a lot! I will try and locate the Personal Navagators for our Southern Caribbean cruise and see what our arrival and departure times were in St. Kitts. BTW we now have another couple joining our cruise travel party so we have 3 staterooms and 6 adults (no kids):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter