• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Mouse Holidays

I'm still waiting for them to contact me when the 2015 cruise dates were released! They were released months ago! It was a week between messages when they did contact me too. I'm sure I just got a disorganised agent though as I've heard lots of good things about them.

I had a similar experience.

Plus I had a set of questions about their WDW services which they didn't seem to want to answer until I had signed my cruise booking over to them. The problem with that is that I wasn't interested in giving them my booking until I knew more about their WDW services. In all it felt like I was dealing with someone who was too busy to give me personalised service that this uber-planner needs.

In the end I did everything myself and had to forgo the roughly $200 OBC I would have got from an agent. But, I discovered I preferred it this way. It was nice feeling in control of my own bookings and knowing that I could add or change things when I wanted, not when an agent had time.

AFTA have informed me that I need to contact Fair Trading and I have done so..

If you looked closely MMH.com.au is registered AFTER MMH.com.
I am 99% positive that they have copied it, if so that's pathetic. You need your own ideas MMH.com.au and stop trying to reap rewards off bigger and better companies.

I am very offended that you would say I am a "one time poster". I was only having a rant because I received bad customer service from MMH.com.au.

As for Jim I have spoken to Fair Trading and they have informed me that Jim needs to have a licence "aswell" as he is giving quotes out, which is unethical business practices.

Dodgy business practices Magical Mouse Holidays.com.au

AFTA have informed me that I need to contact Fair Trading and I have done so.. If you looked closely MMH.com.au is registered AFTER MMH.com. I am 99% positive that they have copied it, if so that's pathetic. You need your own ideas MMH.com.au and stop trying to reap rewards off bigger and better companies. I am very offended that you would say I am a "one time poster". I was only having a rant because I received bad customer service from MMH.com.au. As for Jim I have spoken to Fair Trading and they have informed me that Jim needs to have a licence "aswell" as he is giving quotes out, which is unethical business practices. Dodgy business practices Magical Mouse Holidays.com.au

I am sorry that you are very offended.

Given that anyone can hide behind a screen and post pretty much anything they like on the internet, I have always, and will continue to always, regard first time posts with a degree of skepticism. This is particularly the case when the poster has clearly been searching a topic, dug up a months old thread, and made their first post (on what is generally a positive forum) something negative. My skepticism is a reflection of the world we live in and for that reason I wouldn't take my comments too personally.

I could be wrong, but as far as I am aware the Dis has no connection to MMH. I'm not sure anyone at MMH will actually see your complaints here, so I'm pleased that you have found a more official channel for directing your complaints.

I am pleased that you are not a "one time poster" and would like to welcome you to the Dis. I look forward to hearing about you travel experiences and love of Disney.

I have done my own questioning of MMH (without alluding to this thread) and have been told that Jim DOES in fact have a license so I'm not sure why you and I have been told different things.

AFAIK an Australian company has every right to register a name that is already registered overseas, which is why global companies will generally register their name in every major country. I think if you search you will find many double ups of names between here and other countries.

I have done a search on the web and from what I can see MMH Australia was registered in Jan 2012 and MMH Canada was registered in November 2012.

You are, of course, within your rights to contact Fair Trading but I'm now confused about what your complaint is??!!

I will not be changing my opinion of MMH based on your post. I have had a very positive experience and will continue to recommend them to my friends.

ETA: I am in no way related to or affiliated with MMH, nor do I wish to start a debate. I just find it hard not to defend a small business when I think the complaint is unjustified. Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Travel agents in NSW are only required to list one license number for a partnership in print and advertising as per nsw fair trading's website. This doesn't mean Jim doesn't have a license, as mentioned above, if he didn't they wouldn't be allowed to trade and be members of the TCF. Perhaps you should confirm all your information before bagging a small family business in a public forum. I find it hard to believe your complaint is based on experience considering it's based on the claim one of the owners told you something they obviously didn't and wouldn't be in their favour to lie about. But as LisaAJ said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And because I can't help myself, here's what my research found :thumbsup2

.com creation date
B5E1EDEF-B455-4CC5-9DC3-01E2C6CADB89.png

.com.au business name registration
5b862514-6c6c-4337-bbe4-7623b54cf49c.png

Take from that what you will. Just putting it out there.

ETA: Sorry the pictures are so huge, it's my first time posting pictures and I clearly need to work on it LOL.

Our experience with MMH was nothing short of wonderful. Always professional and their knowledge of all things Disney is ever so helpful in planning a Disney vacation. I have recommended several friends to MMH, all of whom have had the same experience. They will be the ones I'll be contacting next time I plan a Disney vacation :thumbsup2

I agree vnuzz. I have had an amazing experience with them so far and am glad I am taking them on this Disney journey with me :)

It was actually your recommendation that convinced me to go with them and I haven't regretted it for a second :)

I haven't used them as this is going to be our first trip but we used Tammy from storybook destinations and I can not speak highly enough of her. She had been very helpful and doesn't seem bothered by the hundreds of emails with simple questions and has taken the time to explain everything to us knowing this is our first trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter