"magical moments" on the ships! Did you get one? Here is ours...

This was our best Magical Moment. If anyone wonders if DCL is good for teens, well, take a look....

HandstandinHalifax.jpg

MAGICALMOMENT2.jpg

MAGICALMOMENT1.jpg

PRICELESS:love:!!
Is this Mickey and you son breakdancing? I'm dying!

On a Halloween cruise my nephew dressed as Woody, my granddaughter, 4 year old, Jessie and my son,9 years old as Stinky Pete. While walking around we walked past an auction talk going on and the host asked the kids to come over and introduce themselves. He asked Woody for a "saying" and he replied "there is a snake in my pants". Instead of "my boot". The crowd enjoyed the comment, I was embarrassed and my 11 year old nephew didn't realize what he said. They were adorable and we had a blast with the ship activities.

Our first Disney cruise was in 2009. We had several little magical moments. One was at dinner one night. I didn't want the salad that was on the menu so I just said that I didn't want salad. Our server tried to talk me into something else. My husband said, "She's more of a ceasar salad person." I really was fine with not having a salad...there was so much other food, but a few minutes later she appeared with a caesar salad even though that restaurant didn't have it on the menu.

Another night my daughter, who was 6 at the time, was tired and not feeling well and fell asleep at the table. That same server brought a clean table cloth over and cover her up. :)

We go on our next Disney cruise in 5 days and I cannot wait!! I loved reading all of the special moments on this thread and now I'm even more excited for our upcoming trip! :hyper:

Thank you all for sharing all of your magical moments. Nothing is better than seeing Disney magic put a smile on someone's face.

I can't say how and I can't say when, but we got a private tour of the deck of The Wonder by the Captain on one of our cruises.

He let me blow the horn as we pulled away to sea.

I still can't believe it so once in a while, I need to see the video of me doing it.

Our "magical moment" happened in the Oceaneer Club with our five year old DS on the Dream last December.

We bought the kids landyards for their Keys to the World and let him pick his from the gift shop. For some reason, that was a really big deal to him. One day in the Oceaneer Club, he took it off while changing into a costume and forgot to put it back on.

It was gone. We checked with the CM's at the club. No one saw it. No one turned it in. Our boy was really upset over it.

A couple hours after speaking with the CM's we were in our stateroom getting ready for dinner or something when we heard a knock at the door. We opened the door to find one of the Oceaneer Club CM's with a DCL backpack full of Disney swag and signed by all of the characters onboard!

It was incredible! DS loved it and coincidentally just mentioned it to me a couple hours ago. It's something he'll never forget and is one of the countless reasons why a day doesn't go by that at least one of us doesn't beg to go back on a Disney Cruise.

40 days and counting!

These are great. My magical moment happened on our last cruise April 2012. I have many, many food allergies. So, when I cruise my Head Server will tell me where I need to go to pick up my meals on the ship. It's rare when I get to eat more than once a day when I travel. But that doesn't happen on DCL. I get to eat three meals a day. I ordered steamed vegetables for lunch. Doesn't sound exciting, I know, but I am allergic to broccoli which is what most restaurants serve as their vegetable. But on DCL I get carrots, spinach, green beans, etc. Well I was told to go to Triton for lunch and my vegetables would be there. So my DH and I went and I was told my order was placed and would be out shortly. My husband ordered is meal and it came out right away. We were still waiting for mine to appear. My husband finished his meal and ordered dessert. Each time the server would walk my our table he would tell us that the chef knew I was there and was working on my order. My husband's dessert came out and still my lunch hadn't appeared. Finally, my plate of steamed vegetables came. The chef and used carrot sticks to make a flower pot, spinach as the moss at the top of the pot, asparagus was used as flower stems, and zucchini and yellow squash was used as the flowers. It was amazing so worth the wait. So, now we take our camera to every meal, because, of course, we didn't have it for that particular lunch.

Disney always makes you feel special.

For me it was a CM named Goran on the Wonder last Nov. It was Pirates night and we just finished eating when they atrted singing and dancing. he came over and took my DD out on the floor and she had a great time. Goran was the best I have to say in my opinion. Hope to have him on the Dream this Nov. when we sail.
:thumbsup2

Our special moment was for our 7 year old daughter. She is EXTREMELY shy. We were traveling with my sister's boyfriend and extended family. There were many girls in his party all around the same age as my daughter. They had all brought princess dresses for one night. My daughter was the only one that didn't have one and of course the ship's stores were closed because we were in port. They let my daughter check out one of the princess dresses from the kid's club so she wouldn't be left out with all her new friends. It was absolutely amazing!

On our Dream cruise last year, there was a mix up at dinner the first night. Our table mates, who were not English speakers, had wanted to be seated with some friends of theirs. We were pixie dusted to a private table for the duration of the cruise and given our choice in a bottle of wine, to boot.

A couple weeks ago we were on the Fantasy and we had a number of magical moments. The CM's on this ship were awesome.

Our server found out I like Aerosmith and he sang "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" for me one night. He has a pretty good voice too. He said he sang it to his wife outside her window when he was courting her in Brazil. Lovely song, and wonderful story to go with it.

A bartender that we became friendly with brought us a huge antipasto platter one night when were on deck enjoying a bottle of wine. The prosciutto, olives, and cheeses were awesome!

When our group of 5 were at the beer tasting we stayed after to talk to the bartender. He found out that we hadn't tried the O'Gill's beer yet. So he gave all a free glass of it. Quite magical!

We brought my DMIL, DSIL, and DBIL on this cruise with us. It was cool having the CM announce "The Queen Mum and Her Court Jesters" when we walked on the ship. My DMIL was blown away. She had been calling herself the queen the entire day before when we were at WDW.

I had a cold a few days into the cruise. When one of the CM's at the pool bar found out about it, she found me some cold medicine free of charge. We were in port and the stores weren't open for me to buy some. She even asked me what I wanted and found it.

This was our 7th cruise. And even thought I was sick, it was definitely one of the best!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that DH and I were picked to be a couple for Match Your Mate. And we won!

We had 2 really great moments on our Sept 30th cruise.

My daughter tried snorkeling for the first time at CC. Unfortunately it was just after a big rainstorm so the water was so churned up that we couldn't see anything. She swam on and really learned to snorkel quite well even though she saw nothing under the water. The CM, Allison, who was watching the snorkeling area was great. She helped my daughter get her gear on, gave her tips and cheered her one. After we got back to the ship, we opened our cabin door and found a Magical Moment certificate, kids backpack, and autographed photo. My daughter will always remember this and told all her friends about it.

Second, I forgot to buy a coconut drink cup while we were on CC. They are only available there. We had a cup from a previous cruise and it got used so often that it broke. I asked a waiter by the pool for a cup and he went down to storeroom and found a box of cups. He even got her a pink one!! I wish I remember his name.

For our very first cruise, we were actually booked on Carnival when my husband came home one day and said "I think we need to go on Disney instead". We cancelled that one and booked on DCL and we've never looked back. On that first cruise DD and I stood in line to get pics with Sorcerer Mickey on formal night. Just as it was DD's turn the photographers equipment malfunctioned. It took over 5 minutes to get it sorted out. The pixie dust? DD had a private dance party with Mickey for that entire time. I took about a million pictures - and when i stopped for a minute, the guy in line behind me said "are you crazy, keep shooting!" :rotfl2:

We've had many special moments over the years, and are looking forward to an adults cruise with friends in a few weeks. Can't wait for some "Magic".

I just got off of Wonder On Monday. First off, I wanted to share how special the Wonder is to us. My husband and I sailed on Wonder in 2000 for our honeymoon. We took our kids on Dream twice last year. But, this cruise on Wonder was just for hubby and I. We wanted to go back to Our Magical Place all these years later.
I wanted to share a once in a lifetime Magical Moment that happened to my husband and I. I know all you Disney lovers would appreciate it. My husband and I were standing on deck just above the fly-bridge during sail away from Nassau. As the ship started to move away from the dock, I jokingly yelled down to the captain asking when he was going to blow the horn. He put up one finger to say hold on. Then he had one of the officers come and invite us down to the bridge. I thought he was going to let us watch the sail away from there and I was just in awe at that. Then he told me to go into the bridge and push the button to blast the horn. Needless to say, I had tears running down my face and a smile as big as Texas as I pushed the Mickey shaped button and "When you wish upon a star" rang out. We were able to snap a picture in the bridge and with Capt. Fabian. I thanked him profusely. It was something I will never forget!

image_zps96daf71c.jpg

image_zps5b449b87.jpg

Glitzytraveller said:
I just got off of Wonder On Monday. First off, I wanted to share how special the Wonder is to us. My husband and I sailed on Wonder in 2000 for our honeymoon. We took our kids on Dream twice last year. But, this cruise on Wonder was just for hubby and I. We wanted to go back to Our Magical Place all these years later.
I wanted to share a once in a lifetime Magical Moment that happened to my husband and I. I know all you Disney lovers would appreciate it. My husband and I were standing on deck just above the fly-bridge during sail away from Nassau. As the ship started to move away from the dock, I jokingly yelled down to the captain asking when he was going to blow the horn. He put up one finger to say hold on. Then he had one of the officers come and invite us down to the bridge. I thought he was going to let us watch the sail away from there and I was just in awe at that. Then he told me to go into the bridge and push the button to blast the horn. Needless to say, I had tears running down my face and a smile as big as Texas as I pushed the Mickey shaped button and "When you wish upon a star" rang out. We were able to snap a picture in the bridge and with Capt. Fabian. I thanked him profusely. It was something I will never forget!

That is an amazing moment! Lucky you!

Glitzytraveller said:

What an amazing moment! I got teary eyes even thinking about it! Thank you for sharing!

When we brought our DD on the ship for the first time, she was 2. At that time we didn't take advantage of the nursery and I was kind of bummed that we would not get to eat at Palo during our trip because all I could think about was the chocolate souffle that we had on our honeymoon cruise.

I mentioned this to our head server and on our last night after dinner in AP, he brought over not one, not two, not three, but four...yes, four chocolate souffle's for myself and DH. I was beyond stuffed, but forced myself to eat my two souffle's as I didn't know when the next time I would have one would be. Disney really knows how to go above and beyond when you least expect it.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter