• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express to Caribbean Beach

Disney Forever

Disney Fanatic
Hi Everyone,

I am going with my 10 Year old DS to Walt Disney World, and this is the first time I am using Magical Express in my 20+ years coming to The World.

We are landing at Orlando International Airport 8:40am and picking up our own bag from the carousel and bringing it to the bus, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort, what time do you think we will be at the resort, need to know so I can figure out when to schedule my first Fastpass+

Thank you so much in advance

Nathan

Just wondering why you are not using the Yellow tags? It would save alot of time. I hear people listing atleast an hour ride once on the bus if alot of stops. Really depends on who and where it is going. For our trip we will be using FL tours because they were great last trip and we got to our resort in like 30min.

Plan 90 minutes, then another hour-90 minutes to get to a park if using Disney transportation. 3 hours after landing should be OK.

Just wondering why you are not using the Yellow tags? It would save alot of time. I hear people listing atleast an hour ride once on the bus if alot of stops. Really depends on who and where it is going. For our trip we will be using FL tours because they were great last trip and we got to our resort in like 30min.

I like to have my luggage with me when we get to the resort, its just me being a little nuts.

How much does FL Tours cost, I used to use Tiffany Town Car but the charge was $130 Round trip

We are getting a van this time gonna be 4 of us with a child seat and it will be 160$ round trip. Totally worth the money to me. I hate not knowing when I will be places.

If you land, on-time, at 8:40, you'll be off the plane around 8:55. That gets you to baggage claim around 9:15-9:20, depending on wait for the tram. You should have your bag in hand around 9:35, then down to level 1 to DME. Figure that wait to be between 1 and 25 mins. Then onto the bus...wait of 1-20 mins. Drive to CBR...about 40 mins depending on which stop it is. I would plan on being at the resort around 10:15-10:30. You can drop your bags with Luggage Assistance and then go right to the parks. You 'could' make FPs for 11:30 on, but a bit later might be a better idea.
Here are some of my various times...gate to resort-
DME with tagged bags....60-85 mins.
Car Service with checked bags....60 mins
Car Service with carryon only...45 mins
Mears shuttle....90 mins

I like to have my luggage with me when we get to the resort, its just me being a little nuts.

How much does FL Tours cost, I used to use Tiffany Town Car but the charge was $130 Round trip

At that time of day it is very likely you will have to hand your luggage back over to bell services. So you are taking the time to get your bags, haul them to the bus, and then have to hand them back over to Disney anyway. Plus you tip the bus driver for stowing your bags, and then have to tip bell services. Kind of a hassle. Plus if you let DME handle your bags they will put them in your room for you. Bell services cannot bring it up until you call down for it.

Click the banner ad at the top of the page. If you don't see an ad, use the common-sense url. Expect the rates to be competitive with Tiffany.

If you are contemplating a town car, you might want to think about Uber/Lyft.

I know many people are happy with MDE and are not looking for alternatives, so I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't asked about pricing for a town car.

As PP noted I would plan on 90 minutes from getting off the plane to walking into hotel lobby. With that said, on our last trip we went from MCO to BWV's in 50 minutes !! However, we were sitting in row 2 of the plane, we only stopped for a 2 minute bathroom break, we know exactly where we are going in the airport, we got in line for MDE and were told to go right on the bus, the bus pulled out as soon as we sat down and there was NO traffic !!

Our good karma caught up with us on the way home, flight was delayed 3 hours after we were already at airport !

As PP noted I would plan on 90 minutes from getting off the plane to walking into hotel lobby. With that said, on our last trip we went from MCO to BWV's in 50 minutes !! However, we were sitting in row 2 of the plane, we only stopped for a 2 minute bathroom break, we know exactly where we are going in the airport, we got in line for MDE and were told to go right on the bus, the bus pulled out as soon as we sat down and there was NO traffic !!

Our good karma caught up with us on the way home, flight was delayed 3 hours after we were already at airport !
The 90 minutes would get extended if you need to wait for your luggage. I would probably add 15-30 minutes for that (longer if you pick up luggage on the A side, shorter if you do so on the B side).

But yes, OP, I would count on at least three hours after your scheduled landing to book your first FP.

We arrived on Wednesday evening at 7:30pm, our flight was 45mins early. We are staying at Pop. It took us a total of 3hrs to physically leave MCO to head to our resort. It was crazy! I’ve never had that experience but now that I know I’ll plan ahead next time.

We arrived on Wednesday evening at 7:30pm, our flight was 45mins early. We are staying at Pop. It took us a total of 3hrs to physically leave MCO to head to our resort. It was crazy! I’ve never had that experience but now that I know I’ll plan ahead next time.
YIKES!!! so pretty much anywhere between 45 min- 3 hours.. not including travel time.

YIKES!!! so pretty much anywhere between 45 min- 3 hours.. not including travel time.

When we got to the DME counter I was suspicious and made a comment to my husband maybe we should Uber. So honestly we could tell it was gonna be a mess. But at that point we had luggage issues and really thought fate was going to work in our favor lol. Not so much.

I've waited as long as 2 hours for a Magical Express bus. Just throwing that in there (and that was twice).

I'm seriously thinking about ditching the bus to the resort this time and taking Uber. Definitely taking Uber back. Either way, letting them handle my luggage (I have a kid with a wheelchair and a couple carry on bags, so no way can we deal with luggage).

First time I took ME, it was sooooo long and my kids were sooooo tired, hot, cranky (so was I), I swore never again. I've taken it with okay experiences since then, but not going back to the airport. Once sat on the bus for an HOUR, then picked up at another resort, DH was pissed (so was I), so never again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter