• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express to another Resort

toontoy

Mouseketeer
We are arriving in September and since I can check all of our luggage with delta I just wanted to take Magical Express to an Epcot area resort and go straight to the parks with my family. We will only have a backpack and a stroller with us and thought it would be easier to just head to the parks. Is this possible?

We are arriving in September and since I can check all of our luggage with delta I just wanted to take Magical Express to an Epcot area resort and go straight to the parks with my family. We will only have a backpack and a stroller with us and thought it would be easier to just head to the parks. Is this possible?
No. Sorry.

Nope, not unless you happen to be on a bus also going to an Epcot resort and you just get off there. Very unlikely to be the case as those resorts will share buses amongst themselves.

Besides Uber or Lyft to the Beach Club (only a 5 minute walk from the BC to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT), you could take a Mears shared shuttle to the Swan. From the Swan, it's about a 12-15 minute walk to the IG at EPCOT, or about the same travel time riding the Friendship boat from the Swan's dock to the IG. Children under three ride for free on the Mears shuttle. Prices quoted include tax, but not tip.

https://reserve.mearstransportation.com/#/confirm-locations/0

If your resort is included in the same route as an Epcot resort then sure, you can hop off the bus and head to the parks. But, if not, you can always get off at the first resort stop, and then hop on their bus to Epcot...that could cut a bit of time off. I'm not entirely sure that an addtl 30 mins in a park is worth the extra effort though.

ME will only take you to the resort you are staying at.

Now if you are on a ME that makes a stop at a resort before yours, there's nothing stopping you from disembarking then, but you can't count on what other resorts you might go to, or in what order the stops will be.

The stroller will be in the storage compartment for the OP's resort, and not necessarily accessible to the bus driverdriver without unloading the compartment.
Yep. Since you need to get your stroller out from under the bus, you will have to get off at your resort. Getting off at another resort is not going to be an option

Doesn't the driver load the stroller under the bus? An advance tip might get the stroller loaded in the bin for whatever stop you want to use.

Call DME at 866-599-0951 and they may make the exception.
The DME agreement with the airport is to be a resort transfer service not a bus service. That means they can only transfer you between the airport and your resort and they can’t make exceptions. You will be put on a bus that is going to your resort and if the bus you are on isn’t going to an Epcot resort then you will have no way of doing that.

Doesn't the driver load the stroller under the bus? An advance tip might get the stroller loaded in the bin for whatever stop you want to use.
So, a bribe? Unlikely guests would be advised of the specific resorts assigned to that bus until it's under way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter