Magical Express question

gonitts

Mouseketeer
We have reservations at CBR staring on 10/25. We haven't purchased our airfare yet. We were thinking of flying down a day early possibly 10/24 and staying at the Hyatt at MCO. Will the ME still take us to CBR the next day? I'm assuming it would but wanted to make sure.

Sorry to hijack, but hate creating a new thread for a similar/follow up question. We are in a similar situation -- arriving the evening before our reservation (reservation starts on 8/15, we get in around 6pm on 8/14 to MCO). We're staying at a hotel near the airport, and plan to use the hotel shuttle to get us back to MCO the next morning to take DME. What I was hoping to avoid was having to lug everyone's check-in bags (there are 11 of us going). If I put the DME tags on the checked bags that we don't need until the next afternoon, will DME take them upon arrival even though my reservation (and my DME transportation) won't happen until the next morning?

I've had members of our party do something similar before, but without having DME take the bags -- some members had much cheaper flights the night before so they flew in that night, but they took all their bags to/from the hotel with them and then with them on the DME the next morning when they met up with the rest of us.

If I put the DME tags on the checked bags that we don't need until the next afternoon, will DME take them upon arrival even though my reservation (and my DME transportation) won't happen until the next morning?

I wouldn't count on it. You're really just asking for your luggage to get lost somewhere in the shuffle.

I wouldn't count on it. You're really just asking for your luggage to get lost somewhere in the shuffle.

Agreed - a recipe for disaster. You need to claim your bags the evening you arrive and bring them back to DME with you in the morning

We've stayed at the Hyatt the evening before and took DME in the morning after a good night's sleep. To be cautious we picked our bags up from the luggage carousel when we arrived and brought them with us to our room. Then brought them on the bus with us in the morning. That way we were sure we had them if anyone needed anything from their luggage that night (ie DH's phone charger) and we were confident the bags all made it to the resort with us. It only took an extra few minutes and took away that little sniggle of worry that would have plagued me all night long not knowing where the bags ended up. Not that I'm a worrier or anything .... lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!