Magical Express Question?

mickey's merry men

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if they've changed the policy with regard to luggage and we missed it?!? We got our packet for ME but only received 1 luggage tag per person, unlike the 2 each we've received in years past. Will they still take 2 pieces per person or should we expect to have to check the extra pieces?

I'm kind of confused on this question - are you talking about checking your luggage at the resort to return to the airport? That has nothing to do with DME and you don't need DME luggage tags for that.

If you're asking about having the luggage delivered to the resort, I've heard that they have only been including one tag per person lately. Why I don't know, nor do I know whether or not you can get more tags. If the luggage is not carryon size you don't have any choice but to check it - but I do not know whether or not you can get more tags. You can get it picked up and shipped to your resort anyway if you want - they will take your claim slip and a description of the luggage and go get it.

I'm wondering about checking the luggage at the airport and having it sent to the resort. Last year we got two tags each, but not this year.

Just wondering if they've changed the policy with regard to luggage and we missed it?!? We got our packet for ME but only received 1 luggage tag per person, unlike the 2 each we've received in years past. Will they still take 2 pieces per person or should we expect to have to check the extra pieces?

TDC Nala is correct that they are now sending only one luggage tag per person for incoming DME luggage transfers. With most airlines charging baggage fees (and charging more for a second bag than a first),more passengers are choosing to check only one bag.

DME will still transport more bags for you. If your trip is far enough out, you can contact DME and ask to have additional tags sent. If your trip is in the next two weeks or you don't get the extra tag in time, you still can get untagged bags transported. If you have untagged bags, you will need to stop at the actual DME Welcome Center desk (not go straight to the bus queue if they are doing that), and give them your airline bag check information and a description of the bag(s). They will have someone pull it from the baggage carousel and it will get to your room.

Just call and request more tags from ME. They have just reduced the number of tags they send, due to so many airlines limiting the bags. You can still have more bags on ME with no problems.

My ME booklet and tags arrived with yesterday's mail; there was on tag per person. I called the number listed in the booklet, and Disney is sending more tags.

I had to do this last year, and perhaps the year before as well.

Hmm thats weird. I received my packet about 2 weeks ago (via UPS- is that normal???) and its just the two of us adults and we were given 4 tags total?

Please pardon my ignorance- this will be our first trip. I received a packet from WDW with our itinerary and plastic sleeve luggage tags that we write our info on and slide inside. Are these the ME tags? Thanks so much!

Please pardon my ignorance- this will be our first trip. I received a packet from WDW with our itinerary and plastic sleeve luggage tags that we write our info on and slide inside. Are these the ME tags? Thanks so much!

No those are the special keepsake tags.

Your DME tags are yellow with sticky material (similar to the tags that airlines use at the airport) and will have vouchers (in a seperate booklet) that will say Disney's Magical Express (Mickey will be on the cover). Your resort name will be listed on the tag.

Hmm thats weird. I received my packet about 2 weeks ago (via UPS- is that normal???) and its just the two of us adults and we were given 4 tags total?

Very unusual. DME has been sending out 2 tags pp for years now. Are you doing a split stay??? I have received 1 tag for each resort in the past. When there were 3 of us going, we ended up with 6 tags...of course 3 of them were unusable.

What you got came from an entirely different area of Disney. As already mentioned, you got the souvenier tags...you must have booked a package.
If you booked DME you will be getting another mailing...will look like this...

005-1.jpg

This will have your yellow tags and travel vouchers in it.

No those are the special keepsake tags.

Your DME tags are yellow with sticky material (similar to the tags that airlines use at the airport) and will have vouchers (in a seperate booklet) that will say Disney's Magical Express (Mickey will be on the cover). Your resort name will be listed on the tag.

Oh!! Thank you so much! I have so much to learn!!

Very unusual. DME has been sending out 2 tags pp for years now. Are you doing a split stay??? I have received 1 tag for each resort in the past. When there were 3 of us going, we ended up with 6 tags...of course 3 of them were unusable.

What you got came from an entirely different area of Disney. As already mentioned, you got the souvenier tags...you must have booked a package.
If you booked DME you will be getting another mailing...will look like this...

005-1.jpg

This will have your yellow tags and travel vouchers in it.

Maybe because I am flying from Toronto? No split stay... just POR.

Maybe because I am flying from Toronto? No split stay... just POR.

I'm flying from the UK and we were told that we were not going to get tags for DME, we had to collect our bags from the carousel and take them to the bus ourselves, due to it being an international flight - you might be in this situation as well?

The auto bag transfer is only for people arriving on a domestic flight if I understand the system correctly.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter