Magical Express Packet Arrived !!!

steven_&_daniel

Mouseketeer
I was so excited yesterday to find our Magical Express packet in the mail. Nothing screams "We're going to Disney World" like actual luggage tags! :cool1: :cool1:

I know what you mean! I put mine on my bag first thing even though it was like 3 weeks away :rotfl:

I got mine a few days ago too. I thought we were supposed to get a Tinkerbell souvenier luggage tag in the packet. :confused3

*sigh* This is one of the things I'm missing, since my DP is renting a car to visit her Mom for the first few days, and dropping me off at WDW on the way. So no excitement of getting luggage tags. :sad1:

:hippie:

I had not heard anything about a souvenir luggage tag. Our trip is still 5 weeks away (week before Thanksgiving). For some reason I wasn't really getting excited yet (maybe because we booked the trip last December). Getting the packet definitely helped wake up the Disney lover in me. I'll have to watch the Disney vacation planning DVD that I sent for a while back. That will definitely help. We have several tours planned including that 7 hour behind the scenes tour. We're staying at the Beach Club which I think will be cool. We really enjoyed walking around World Showcase in the evenings on our last trip.

I can't believe it's been 16 years since our last trip :eek:. Things that were installed since then have already been renovated, LOL.

We're doing Magical Express for the first time in December. We live near Atlanta, so normally we drive. But this was a spur of the moment, quickie trip. Does it operate pretty efficiently? The fact that it's free is makes it very appealing. :)

We're doing Magical Express for the first time in December. We live near Atlanta, so normally we drive. But this was a spur of the moment, quickie trip. Does it operate pretty efficiently? The fact that it's free is makes it very appealing. :)

Yes, it goes pretty quick.

You'll arrive at the airport, go down to the first level and make your way all the way down to the end. Only send 1 person in the party to check you in at the DME desk, then you get everyone together and they herd you into lines based on where you are going. They then load the buses up grouping by general area (so the DTD bus will have POR, SSR, and OKW). I've used DME a few times now and I think the most I've waited is maybe 20 minutes. The buses come and go so quickly that it doesn't take long at all. Sure beats going to wait for luggage, then going to get a car, then having to drive (but that's just me).

Anyway, we just got our tags the other day too!!!
We are flying out on Nov. 9th... can't wait!
We normally go the week of our birthday (which would be next week) but we are taking folks with us this time and they wanted to see the Xmas decor so we pushed our trip back a couple more weeks.

That is so exciting. We don't have our flights booked yet (still plenty of time) but receiving the DME tags will be the cherry on the ice cream sundae for sure!

Do they send them to you just before your departure, or right after you send them your flight information?

When I called 36 days prior to my departure they told me I couldn't book the DME reservation until 30 days prior. After booking it (exactly 30 days prior) I received my tags 4 days later. They're fast! :drive:

I still didn't get a souvenier tag, though. :sad: (To be perfectly honest, I'm fine with that. Knowing me, I'd probably just wind up losing it. :rolleyes1 )

Don't you just love getting those?! It makes the trip "real," you know!

When I called 36 days prior to my departure they told me I couldn't book the DME reservation until 30 days prior. After booking it (exactly 30 days prior) I received my tags 4 days later. They're fast! :drive:

I still didn't get a souvenier tag, though. :sad: (To be perfectly honest, I'm fine with that. Knowing me, I'd probably just wind up losing it. :rolleyes1 )

I don't think the souvenier tags are from DME. Those are likely sent from a travel agent/company. A few years ago we booked a vacation to Disney using AAA and we got the souvenier tags. We've never gotten "nice" tags from DME but we used to get coupons for a free Pin.

It works very well. I used it from ATL in April for my solo trip and once before when we went in 2006. No worries at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter