Magical Express Newbie

alotachips

Mouseketeer
Hi all ...just wondering how the magical express works?? We are flying Air Canada from PEI with a stop over in Toronto. Will I do customs in Toronto or will I be doing customs in Orlando. I guess I'm just curious if I need to be collecting luggage myself in Orlando before I board ME

We normally fly from Detroit, bug at least in 2008, when we flew from t.o. It went like this. Fly to mco, de-plane, walk down a long hall, down a flight of stairs, present your passport? Pick up you bags, go up stairs, clear customs again? And then take your bags to magic express

I have flown to MCO many times from Toronto and always cleared customs at Pearson. Upon arrival in Orlando, we just deplaned and walked straight to the DME area and got on the bus.

We have never cleared customs at MCO or picked up our luggage...

Hi all ...just wondering how the magical express works?? We are flying Air Canada from PEI with a stop over in Toronto. Will I do customs in Toronto or will I be doing customs in Orlando. I guess I'm just curious if I need to be collecting luggage myself in Orlando before I board ME

You do customs in the last Canadian city you stop in before entering the US if the airport is big enough to have those facilities -- in your case, you'll clear customs in Toronto. That's the last time you'll see your luggage before you get to your room.

Definitely Toronto. You'll need to get off the first plane and follow the signs for connecting flights to US. If it isn't obvious then ask someone at your arrival gate. This is important because you'll need to retrieve your checked baggage and have it with you while you clear customs and immigration. You then recheck your bags and head for your gate. When you land in Orlando simply leave the plane and go directly to the ME check in. Clearing customs and immigration in Toronto means you land in Orlando as a domestic passenger.

Assuming you fly through Toronto again on the way home, you'll have to do the same thing in Toronto on the way back.

This is important because you'll need to retrieve your checked baggage and have it with you while you clear customs and immigration. You then recheck your bags and head for your gate.

Actually, the process has changed within the last year. It is much simpler in that you do not need to physically get your checked bags when going through US customs in YYZ.

After deplaning in YYZ from Charlottetown, follow the signs for the "F" gates (also has a US flag). You'll show your MCO boarding pass as you enter the US transit area. Here, you go to a kiosk and input your name and passport #. A screen overhead then lists your name when you can proceed into customs. Shouldn't be more than a 15-20 minute wait.

You then go into the US customs hall, talk to the customs folks and onwards into screening for the US gates.

Presto!

As long as you put the yellow DME bag tags on your bags when checking in at Charlottetown, you won't see your bags again until you arrive at your resort!

As an aside, what's happening behind the scenes is that you use the kiosk to positively ID a picture of your bag. It goes through X-ray like all other bags, and customs folks can choose to have the belt 'offload' your bag when they are speaking with you so it can be inspected downstairs, if they so desire. Gotta love technology.

Enjoy the trip!!

4Stroke
pirate:

The last reply gave a great description of how things work. Have you registered for dme yet with your flight times. If you have you will receive a package that includes the baggage tags and a very important booklet that has all the instructions and includes your dme boarding passes. Just read the booklet and you will be fine. There are 2 details that are very important. If you arrive after 10 pm you have to go to baggage claim on the A side of the terminal and then make your way to the B side where dme is located. If you arrive before 10 pm put your dme bag tag on at home and when you check your luggage in at the airport that is the last time you see it until it is delivered to your resort room. Simply magical. It is very nice. Get off the plane at mco take the tram to the terminal. Go to B Side of the terminal and the proper level and find dme. Relax and enjoy the trip.

Actually, the process has changed within the last year. It is much simpler in that you do not need to physically get your checked bags when going through US customs in YYZ.
pirate:

Ah, it works like in Montreal now. Nice! How about security? Do you still have to go through security again before heading to the gate?

Do you still have to go through security again before heading to the gate?

Yep. Unfortunately that part hasn't changed.

:rolleyes

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC ) ~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR ~ May/13: VWL

Go PEI Disney!

We always drive either to Halifax or down to the states when we fly. Would love to fly out of Charlottetown if the prices were more reasonable and the flights were more direct.

Go PEI Disney!

We always drive either to Halifax or down to the states when we fly. Would love to fly out of Charlottetown if the prices were more reasonable and the flights were more direct.

How about Moncton? You still have to cross the bridge but sometimes there are deals to be had :thumbsup2

Another Islander here. You will have to pick up your luggage in the Orlando airport if you don't put the yellow Disney tags on. Otherwise, as people said, it goes directly to your room.
Deals are hard to find from Charlottetown but AC sometimes has some. WJ not many anymore and their schedules from the East Coast aren't great if they fly to Orlando at all. Sad as we love flying WJ. We will experience AC Rouge in March. Not quite sure what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter