Magical Express Luggage

NewEnglandCamper

DIS Veteran
DW and DD are heading to Disney this spring.

They are not drivers so are taking magical express! How many bags can they bring. They were thinking 1 for clothes and then 1 for souveniers.
AAA only provided 1 tag per person!!!!

Will Magical Express deliver carryons to room?

DW and DD are heading to Disney this spring.

They are not drivers so are taking magical express! How many bags can they bring. They were thinking 1 for clothes and then 1 for souveniers.
AAA only provided 1 tag per person!!!!

Will Magical Express deliver carryons to room?

They can bring as many bags as the airline will allow them to. but 1 bag each for souveniers?????????? I can't imagine anyone buying that many souveniers. No Magical Express only delivers checked baggage.

They can bring as many bags as the airline will allow them to. but 1 bag each for souveniers?????????? I can't imagine anyone buying that many souveniers. No Magical Express only delivers checked baggage.

1 bag for souveniers... no problem...

You don't know my wife!!! :dance3:

Seriously... she will limit herself...

You can call Magical Express and ask them for a second yellow tag for each, I believe.

To answer you carry on question, the answer is no, they won't deliver that to the room. They will actually never see their luggage when the get to MCO. That luggage is delivered to the resort via a separate luggage truck. It "magically" appears in their room. Their carry ons will be with them all the time. If their room isn't ready, they can stow them with bell services and have bell services deliver them, tipping them appropriately.

Duds

>>> one for souvenirs

Yellow tags are not part of the going home procedure. Remove them when checking out.

why not buy a bag while they're down there? it's a piece luggage and a souvenir!!

The tag that AAA provides is not the Magical Express Tag. DME tags are yellow tags, similar to the tags airlines use when you check baggage. These need to be placed on your luggage at your home airport before leaving.

However, I have heard that DME is now only sending one yellow tag per person. You can still bypass baggage claim by giving your claim ticket with a description of your bag to the DME desk and they will claim your bag and deliver it for you.

The tag that AAA provides is not the Magical Express Tag. DME tags are yellow tags, similar to the tags airlines use when you check baggage. These need to be placed on your luggage at your home airport before leaving.

However, I have heard that DME is now only sending one yellow tag per person. You can still bypass baggage claim by giving your claim ticket with a description of your bag to the DME desk and they will claim your bag and deliver it for you.

Or you can simply call DME and they will send you more yellow DME luggage tags.

Since most airlines are either charging for checked bags or allowing only one free checked bag per person it makes no sense for DME to continue sending two tags per person.

OP I would check with the airline first to see how many checked bags you are allowed and any fees involved. Then if you still want to bring extra bags just call and request extra DME luggage tags.

TJ

American Airlines charges $15 for the first checked bag per person, $25 for the second. $100 each for the 3rd, 4th and 5th, and $200 each for the 6th and above.

Total cost for one person checking two bags: $40.

Their carry ons will be with them all the time. If their room isn't ready, they can stow them with bell services and have bell services deliver them, tipping them appropriately.

Duds

I'll give Magical Express a call to find out more information.

Thanks Duds! What is an appropriate tip for the carry-ons. I assume DW and DD has to go to their resort to get their tickets. They arrive at 930AM!!!

American Airlines charges $15 for the first checked bag per person, $25 for the second. $100 each for the 3rd, 4th and 5th, and $200 each for the 6th and above.

Total cost for one person checking two bags: $40.

They are taking Southwest out of NH. Do they charge a baggage fee? DD is on a strict budget.

They are taking Southwest out of NH. Do they charge a baggage fee? DD is on a strict budget.

Southwest allows up to two checked bags per person at no additional fee and charges $25.00 for the third checked bag. Details here: http://www.southwest.com/

If both passengers are checking the two bags allowed just call DME and request the two additional DME luggage tags.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter