Magical Express - Is it worth it??????

Like others have said, the ME is free so I think your question isn't so much is the ME worth it, but is paying for a car service worth it compared to what you get by taking the ME.

I've taken the ME when we arrived at MCO at midnight and it was easy, little wait, and maybe a 35-40 minute trip total from getting to the ME lines at MCO to our hotel.

Now another time we took the ME in early September and it took much longer. We arrived at MCO and got to the area where you get in line for the ME and we probably waited in line for a good 20 minutes. Then there was boarding time and driving to WDW. I think on that trip our resort was the third stop so it was easily over an hour.

Like others have said, you don't have to worry about going to baggage claim and getting your luggage so that saves some time and your luggage shows up in your room later that day...so very convenient. Is it the quickest mode of transportation to WDW though? Probably not. So it's really up to your budget and personal tastes as to whether you want to give ME a shot! If you do, I hope you enjoy :thumbsup2

You also might want to take into account when you are arriving at MCO. All my flights have arrived around 9am or earlier. The wait for a DME bus at that time is VERY minimal due to a small amount of arrivals.

I would believe that it gets a little longer as the day goes towards more standard arrival times.

Last time we put the luggage tags on our bags( was told by DME this was fine ) and took a towncar. From gate to resort it was 30 mins. We then get picked up 1 hour 45 min before our flight on the way home.

I love town car services:thumbsup2

I would not recommend this short of a time to get to the airport to your gate. Security at MCO can be a nightmare! Last time through at around 3pm in the afternoon this past December they had one, yes one, checkpoint open. To say the line barely moved would be a huge understatement. It was painfully slow and I was starting to freak that we were going to miss our flight, even though we had an hour left.

Not to mention, the traffic around Orlando is horrible. You never know when you will hit a traffic snarl of some sort. Not to mention the airport recommends you arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight. There would be no way I would be leaving my resort with less time than that to go!

Yes, exactly.
Reminder it is free, so not sure if 'worth it" is relevant.

I *love* DME and don't see any reason not to use it... why?

Well,

1. It's free.
2. I don't have to worry about my luggage.. coming or going to the airport.
3. It's comfortable.
4. IT'S FREE. :)

Its free, plus they will take your luggage to your resort for you. So once you check in your luggage at your hometown airport, you dont have to see it again until you get to your disney resort! I sure as heck wouldnt pay for a town car when i have this service available for free. ;)

Love Magical Express. I don't usually time it, but it never seems to take long to me. Maybe because I am, so happy to be there, it just doesn't matter. I never plan a busy arrival day anyway.

I *love* DME and don't see any reason not to use it... why?

Well,

1. It's free.
2. I don't have to worry about my luggage.. coming or going to the airport.
3. It's comfortable.
4. IT'S FREE. :)

And just in case no one noticed; It's Free, so is it worth it? YES ... ::yes::

Really? Not from my experience. Ever been to NY?

No, but I've been in Orlando many of time when they had accidents causing all sorts of havoc on the roadways. I wouldn't want to be sitting in my car in traffic 1:45 out from my flight when I should have already been at the airport by that time.

I don't like it. I am too impatient. We waited in line for like 30 mins for a bus then had to wait for the bus to fill up and then we were the last stop. It took almost 2 hours. On the way home you have to be ready for the bus 3 hours in advance

Last time we put the luggage tags on our bags( was told by DME this was fine ) and took a towncar. From gate to resort it was 30 mins. We then get picked up 1 hour 45 min before our flight on the way home.

I love town car services:thumbsup2

Thanks for the great idea! :thumbsup2

We always use Magical Express and I would recommend it to anyone. And yes as others have posted, it's worth every penny (free) :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

We've never waited too long in line to get onto a Magical Express bus and once on we leave fairly soon. And as others have posted, no waiting for luggage. We have waited a very long time before ours slide down the rack and onto the carousel. Like one of the last pieces to come down.

ME is the only way I will travel to our resort. I have no worries about getting there, picking up my luggage etc...perfect and most of the time it's only been 1 hour or less...good luck with whatever you choose and magical times ahead:)

baileys mommy said:
Anyone know how many stops ME takes to get to old key west?

No one knows. Go to the transportation board. ME is based on need and does not have a set route for any resort.

I wonder why so many people worry over such a great service. Relax and enjoy it.

We have been using DME since the year it started and wouldn't do it any other way. We love it. Never ever had a problem. It has become part of the fun and anticipation leading up to getting on property. Clapping as we go under the WDW sign! ::yes::

Thank you for all your responses!!!!
Lots of things to consider........
Jump00

I LOVE ME!!! I think it is one of the best perks about staying on site. I even love the cheesy videos on board! Makes me excited about our trip even more. Of course on the way home they make me sad. :lmao:

I'm an ME fan as well.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, and maybe I'm just strange, I really liked seeing other resorts before we got dropped off. I wont necessarily see the other resorts if I don't have a dining reservation so it's sort of cool to see what the others have to offer, even from a bus window.

I love Magical Express!! What's not to love, it's free!! :confused3

I've never had to wait more than 5-10 mins for a bus, and I love not having to worry about dragging my luggage around. I don't know why anyone wouldn't use this service if you're not renting a car.

One thing I'd say is they always seem to automatically book us on a bus back to the airport that is way too early for our return flight, so we just call and reserve a later bus...never had a problem doing that

If you are arriving on a busy day of the week (Sat/Sun) and at a busy time (mid-morning especially), you may have to wait in line for ME. Last trip, we arrived around 11am on a Saturday and waited in line for about 30 minutes through two buses. That being said, I would do it again for the convenience of the luggage service and not having to pay anything.

If you are arriving on a weekday or at an off time, it will probably be faster than a town car service. With a car service, you still have to wait for and collect your own luggage which I have found to be very slow at MCO. I think you may even need to cross the airport with your suitcases, depending which side of the airport you are being picked up on. So, considering this vs. just walking down to ME and getting on a bus, I'd have to say ME is faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter