• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express - how long from gate to hotel?

Debella

Earning My Ears
We land at 1:00 and am curious about what time we should get to the hotel. We're hoping to get to MK for at least 3-4 hours (they close at 8) that first night. Is that feasible?

What's been your experience?

We land at 1:00 and am curious about what time we should get to the hotel. We're hoping to get to MK for at least 3-4 hours (they close at 8) that first night. Is that feasible?

What's been your experience?

Best case: less than an hour.

Worst case: about 2 hours.

Typical: less than 90 minutes.

The variables are how long it takes for your DME motorcoach to be dispatched and how many other stops it makes before your resort.

The above numbers assume you'll go straight from you arrival gate to DME.

If you go to baggage claim yourself (instead of using the yellow tags and letting Disney handle your bags), you can add another 15 to 60 minutes to the numbers above, depending on how long it takes for bags to be unloaded.

When calculating how much theme park time you'll have, be sure to account for resort room check-in time, going to your room, changing, going to the bus stop, and taking the bus to the theme park.

Be sure to bring a carry-on (on the plane and on the DME motorcoach) with anything you'll need right away. Your checked bags will be delivered while you're out having fun.

What Horsecollar said. If you check in and your room is not ready, you can check your carry ons with Bell Services and go to the park. You should easily get 3 -4 hours.

Same for us, it took us about 1 hour 45 minutes. It also depends on how many stops the ME bus makes. We were the last stop so it took a bit longer. I think you could make it by 4 depending on your resort location.

Our plane lands at 12:55 and we are staying at Coronodo Springs. I would love to get to the park before 4:00, but if we get there by 4:00 I'll be happy. Hopefully hit a few rides and watch the Electric Parade and Fireworks.

Our plane lands at 12:55 and we are staying at Coronado Springs. I would love to get to the park before 4:00, but if we get there by 4:00 I'll be happy. Hopefully hit a few rides and watch the Electric Parade and Fireworks.

You have a reasonable chance to make it by 4:00, if you do what the pp have suggested. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter