Magical express bus to airport full and couldn’t take everyone

pd1138

Mouseketeer
We had a wonderful vacation last week and we were at the bus stop to board ME from our hotel 20 minutes before pick up. The bus was a few minutes late, but not any real big deal. However as the bus arrived and everyone waiting approached to board the driver announced this was the last stop as the bus was almost full and they would only be taking a few of the families. Our family was one that boarded. I didn’t hear what he told the others since they were outside, but I never thought this could even happen. Isn’t the reason we all have those papers we hand to the driver (that were left on our room door the day before) is to show we have a reservation and therefore I would think they would schedule accordingly. Is this a common problem of not being able to pick up everyone with a reservation? We just booked a bounceback to return next year and now I’m trying to think what would be our contingency if we are the family left behind next year.

I’m willing to bet that the driver let people on the bus that were assigned a different time. That’s the only way that can happen.
I’ve asked to go on an earlier bus, with a friend who was assigned to that bus. And I was told sure, hop on, plenty of room. Well, imagine my discomfort when we made our last stop and there was barely enough room for those needing to board.
So, it happens. But I’ll tell you...if I was assigned a particular bus time, showed up in plenty of time and was denied boarding because the bus was full?? Disney would be sending me to the airport in a cab! Right then. Their expense.

It can also be due to a reservation mix-up. Once I had made DME reservations, but the paper didn't show up in our room the day before. I inquired about it, & they found that for some reason it hadn't been processed, so they hand-wrote me a note to board a certain bus the next day. No way did they check the number of passengers on that. We were just add-ons, and we were at the first resort to be picked up.

Last edited:
I’d be strongly asking for an Uber or taxi or thoseMinnie vans now serving from the airports. They pick u up hours Early... one would think they don’t just add passengers Willy nilly.

Three years ago we were among those who got left behind. My GF and me and a family of four.

Within minutes a CM came over and informed us a bus was on the way. About ten minutes later a bus arrived with one other family on board. We made one more stop for another 6 people and were on our way with about 15 people on board. A very pleasant ride - kinda felt sorry for the folks who crowded aboard the packed bus...

Happened to us once too. They sent another bus for the 12 or so of us that were left behind. Still made it with plenty of time but there were a ton of upset people (obviously).

Do a search. Happens more often than you think. Even have seen reports of folks sitting in aisles.

Happened on our last trip. POR was the only pickup for this bus and it was full. Driver even told a group that they were trying to board too early and they had to wait. But the bus was 4 seats short, driver checked all the papers again, and then he went and got cab vouchers for the family that didn't have seats.

Had this happen a few years ago. Vacationed with a friend and her kids. Me and my 2 kids were booked on the Tragical Express to MCO, she and her kids somehow were not even though we made the reservations together. There were not enough seats for 6 of us. I was not boarding the bus and leaving my friend behind. The CM called us a taxi and gave the driver a voucher. So don't worry if it does happen.....Mickey will see to it you have a ride home.

regards

I had a similar experience this past June 2018.

I didn't get to ride on the Disney Magical Express bus from the airport. Every bus that showed up had a wheelchair lift on the side that I saw while waiting for a bus. But they put me on a Mears Van to Pop Century Resort.

On the way back from Pop Century Resort, the Disney Magical Express bus was late. Then the bus drive did not drive close enough to the curb. I shook my head when the driver started or should I say, he tried to open up the bus lift on the side of the bus.

I told the bus driver that his bus was too far away from the curb.

He didn't seem to understand and said it will be okay.

He did not seem to know how to operate the bust lift for my wheelchair.

Other guests tried to help him.

He finally got it down and the edge of the lift hit the payment and not the curb. The lift has metal sides that can't be driven over. I asked him just to back up ten feet and I would drive onto the payment.

He just continued to try and reversed the procedure to put the bus lift back up, but he couldn't seem to remember how. After 55-minutes, another Disney Magical Express bus showed up behind this bus.

I begged the other bus driver to please come to help him. When the other bus driver came out, I asked him if I could go on his bus, he said no and that I had to go on my scheduled bus.

I begged him to help the bus driver.

He helped him put the lift back up.

The original bus drove forward and backed up closer to the curb.

They both lowered the bus lift again.

The original bus driver went back on board and tried to direct me to back on, but he didn't know he had to move the floor wheelchair locks for me to back up properly and to turn my wheelchair into place. I couldn't see them when I was backing up off of the lift.

The other bus driver came back up and finished it for him.

This hold time the other bus guests looked so upset and they were looking at their watches.

Now it is one and hours later.

The bus was full.

Yes, the bus was full and was driving away from the Pop Century Resort when one of the guests ran up to the bus driver and says not to forget the rest of his family members waiting to get onboard.

The bus driver drove back around after the other bus filled up and asked two people to sit together.

But there were four other passengers waiting to get onboard from one family.

I couldn't see what happened since I was strapped down in my wheelchair. I don't know what happened to the last two guests, but the driver drove off. I don't know if the other bus was also full.

I barely made it to the gate to get my wheelchair checked and to get onboard my departing plane.

Okay, I'm done.

I am upsetting myself just thinking about this experience.

Hopefully, this won't happen this October and December.

I had a similar experience this past June 2018.

I didn't get to ride on the Disney Magical Express bus from the airport. Every bus that showed up had a wheelchair lift on the side that I saw while waiting for a bus. But they put me on a Mears Van to Pop Century Resort.

On the way back from Pop Century Resort, the Disney Magical Express bus was late. Then the bus drive did not drive close enough to the curb. I shook my head when the driver started or should I say, he tried to open up the bus lift on the side of the bus.

I told the bus driver that his bus was too far away from the curb.

He didn't seem to understand and said it will be okay.

He did not seem to know how to operate the bust lift for my wheelchair.

Other guests tried to help him.

He finally got it down and the edge of the lift hit the payment and not the curb. The lift has metal sides that can't be driven over. I asked him just to back up ten feet and I would drive onto the payment.

He just continued to try and reversed the procedure to put the bus lift back up, but he couldn't seem to remember how. After 55-minutes, another Disney Magical Express bus showed up behind this bus.

I begged the other bus driver to please come to help him. When the other bus driver came out, I asked him if I could go on his bus, he said no and that I had to go on my scheduled bus.

I begged him to help the bus driver.

He helped him put the lift back up.

The original bus drove forward and backed up closer to the curb.

They both lowered the bus lift again.

The original bus driver went back on board and tried to direct me to back on, but he didn't know he had to move the floor wheelchair locks for me to back up properly and to turn my wheelchair into place. I couldn't see them when I was backing up off of the lift.

The other bus driver came back up and finished it for him.

This hold time the other bus guests looked so upset and they were looking at their watches.

Now it is one and hours later.

The bus was full.

Yes, the bus was full and was driving away from the Pop Century Resort when one of the guests ran up to the bus driver and says not to forget the rest of his family members waiting to get onboard.

The bus driver drove back around after the other bus filled up and asked two people to sit together.

But there were four other passengers waiting to get onboard from one family.

I couldn't see what happened since I was strapped down in my wheelchair. I don't know what happened to the last two guests, but the driver drove off. I don't know if the other bus was also full.

I barely made it to the gate to get my wheelchair checked and to get onboard my departing plane.

Okay, I'm done.

I am upsetting myself just thinking about this experience.

Hopefully, this won't happen this October and December.
Geez Ray, that's really pretty bad!!!! I hope it doesn't happen again either. But...I'm a bit disturbed that I am not represented in your photos. I mean, seriously...Karen and John, but no me??? I'm offended!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter