Magical Express Bus Ride Duration

Hartmans2Disney

Earning My Ears
Does anyne know how long the typical drive from the Orlando's airport to the Disney hotels is? I'm wondering if the buses drop off at every Disney hotel and if dropping off at each one takes a lot of time on arrival day? Thanks!

Does anyne know how long the typical drive from the Orlando's airport to the Disney hotels is? I'm wondering if the buses drop off at every Disney hotel and if dropping off at each one takes a lot of time on arrival day? Thanks!

Generally the total time from getting off the plane to your resort is 70-90 minutes. I have used DME a bunch of times and it is usally 70 minutes or less. There are usually 3 resorts on each bus I have had a bus with only 2 and once where there were four resorts. They usually group resorts in the same general area on the same bus. I don't think it takes very long at each resort but the time will vary with the amount of luggage that people bring with them.

The trip from Orlando international to Disney takes about 20-30 minutes. The resorts are grouped together and that's how you get dropped off. For example, one magical express bus would go to Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge and maybe even a few more resorts. It all depends if your resort is getting dropped off first or not. If your getting dropped off first you may be at your resort within 30 minutes. If your resort is last you may be there in a hour.

In November our driver told us that the trip from MCO to WDW would take 45 minutes. Having used ME before, we knew that it would take much less time. When we arrived at the first resort, he said, "Look, I cut the trip in half just for you."

Usually ME has you near DTD within 20 minutes. You know you're getting close when you see the Characters in Flight balloon. Watch at about 1 o'clock for the big, yellow balloon.

We are staying at AKL and our flight comes in at 10:00 p.m. What other resorts are near AKL? Do you think 10:00 at night is a nice quiet time for DME?

We are staying at AKL and our flight comes in at 10:00 p.m. What other resorts are near AKL? Do you think 10:00 at night is a nice quiet time for DME?
Your bus may stop at CBR and Pop...can't say for sure. But that has been my experience to date when staying at either Pop or AKL. Of course the bus will stop at both Jambo and Kidani.
10pm should be quiet, but remember...if you arrive at 10, you can't tag your checked bags and have them delivered to the resort by DME. All baggage retrieval stops at 10...at MCO. So, you will have to get your own bags from baggage claim and bring them to the DME bus with you.

Sometimes it's not so great when there aren't a lot of people getting on the bus. We got in at 11:00pm and had to wait for more people before the bus left. We sat on the bus for at least 25 min. before heading for the resort.

I just used DME for the first time last week and I have to say it was great.

My plane touched down at 9:20 am on Monday and I was IN MY ROOM at the WL by 10:45am. We stopped at Poly and GF first.

Of course, I was lucky as I walked right onto a bus that was departing, and checking in on a Monday morning right after the crazy holiday week, but I was very impressed. I went out and returned to my room around 3pm and there was my bag!

Return was easy-peasy as well. I realize it was a slow time of year, but I plan on using DME again. For a free service, it was outstanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter