Magical Express at 9:30 pm?

vellamint

DIS Veteran
This is the first time we have arrived so late in the day....

Our arrival is 9:30....so there should be no problem with the luggage correct?

If our flight is delayed until 10 or later......we need to go to the luggage carousel and pick up our luggage on our own...correct?

Can anyone give me your experiences with receiving your luggage at your room after such a late flight? My understanding is it will be delivered within 3 hours of your check in? Which could be 2 am? Is that right?

Ive told my MIL to pack what she needs for the night in her carryon....but I guess I am wondering how this works....we are usually in the parks when our luggage comes. Will they just bring it and knock?

Thanks so much.

If our flight is delayed until 10 or later......we need to go to the luggage carousel and pick up our luggage on our own...correct?

Can anyone give me your experiences with receiving your luggage at your room after such a late flight? My understanding is it will be delivered within 3 hours of your check in? Which could be 2 am? Is that right?

Ive told my MIL to pack what she needs for the night in her carryon....but I guess I am wondering how this works....we are usually in the parks when our luggage comes. Will they just bring it and knock?

Thanks so much.
From my understanding, you're correct on your assumptions. What I would do is ask bell services to hold your bags, and you'll call for them in the morning.

We land at 9.30 too.
So do they base the time on whrn the flight lands exactly?
What if our flight is delayed 15 min and by the time they taxi and park get the luggage off it might be very close to 10pm

We land at 9.30 too.
So do they base the time on whrn the flight lands exactly?
What if our flight is delayed 15 min and by the time they taxi and park get the luggage off it might be very close to 10pm

As vellamint said, luggage is supposed to be delivered within 3 hours of check-in at the hotel, not landing. As much as I like the idea of having DME take care of getting my luggage to the hotel, if I was arriving that late, I think I'd just get it myself. Just remember to not put the DME tags on.

Its a matter of technicalities.

If your plane pulls up to the gate after 10 PM (come to think of it, can't be when you yourself step off because everyone on the plane should be treated the same way) then you are expected to go to the carousels and get your bags, yellow tagged or not, and to file a baggage claim with your airline before leaving that area if the bags are not there.

Note that some resorts (notably All Stars and Pop Century and Art of Animation) normally do not deliver to rooms after 10 PM and hold all bags at Bell Services until dawn.

Oh boy.....I really hope our flight is on time. We have so much luggage (our daughters are coming home from the college program so we PURPOSELY brought a lot of suitcases so they have room to bring things home) that it will be a real PITA to collect them from the carousels ourselves plus we have Mom (grandma) with us in a wheelchair.

Fingers crossed that all the pieces of my puzzle fall into place.

I will be travelling alone in November (although I am meeting up with friends while there) and my flight comes in at 9:56 p.m. Came here to get some information. Thank you very much. I will wait for my luggage and bring it on the Magical Express. Good luck Vellamint! I hope it works out for you.

Does anyone know if the motorcoaches run all night long? For instance, say I'm delayed an hour or even two (fingers crossed this does not happen), will the ME still be running at midnight?

Thanks all.

Enjoy!!

I will be travelling alone in November (although I am meeting up with friends while there) and my flight comes in at 9:56 p.m. Came here to get some information. Thank you very much. I will wait for my luggage and bring it on the Magical Express. Good luck Vellamint! I hope it works out for you.

Does anyone know if the motorcoaches run all night long? For instance, say I'm delayed an hour or even two (fingers crossed this does not happen), will the ME still be running at midnight?

Thanks all.

Enjoy!!

You will get some type of transportation, although maybe not the motorcoach. When my neighbor arrived at 11:00pm one night, they had a towncar in place of the motorcoach.

Thanks so much.

This happened to us on our last trip....our flight was delayed before we even got to the airport, and we were then scheduled to arrive at 9:50. When I found out our flight would be late, I called Magical Express and asked what we should do. They suggested I not attach the ME tags to the bags, said that we should plan on collecting them and getting them to the bus ourselves. They said that by the time our bags got unloaded from the plane it would be after 10 and they probably wouldn't be on the bus with us.

It was a pain schlepping our luggage around the airport and trying to find ME, but we finally did. Not fun.

You might call ME and ask what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter