• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express and arriving at different times

cbellasmomma

Mouseketeer
I have never used Magical Express. I am going with my daughter and my husband is meeting us 3 days later. We received our tags in the mail yesterday. There are two for me, two for dd and two for dh. Are these all for the trip down or are we expected to keep on for the return trip? Also are these only for checked luggage?

Sorry for all the questions!

The luggage tags are only for your checked bags on your trip to Orlando. They allow the baggage handlers at MCO to identify your luggage and pull it prior to it being placed on the belt for luggage pickup. The information on it is used to route it to your hotel. On the way home you will only need the airlines luggage tags.
There is a Transportation Forum here on the Dis to handle these type of questions, rather than here on the Resorts Forum.
Have fun

I have never used Magical Express. I am going with my daughter and my husband is meeting us 3 days later. We received our tags in the mail yesterday. There are two for me, two for dd and two for dh. Are these all for the trip down or are we expected to keep on for the return trip? Also are these only for checked luggage?

They're for the trip down, but only if you plan on having DME collect and deliver your luggage to your resort. They're for checked luggage only.

The luggage tags are only for your flight down to Orlando, that you want ME to deliver to your resort. . If they handle your checked bags, the next time you see them, after checking them at your departure airport, will be in your resort room - usually about 3-4 hours, after you arrive. This is a great service; however, make sure to pack all your necessities in your carry-on bag, including anything that you will need for the next four hours, or so, after you arrive.

For your return to the Orlando airport, you can check in for your flight at your resort's airline check-in desk, on your day of departure, Just bring your checked bags to the desk, before they close at 1:00 p.m., and they will check your bags, placing new tags on them. They will also give you the boarding passes for the flight. Be sure to have your legal I.D., as well as airline confirmation number with you. As everyone tends to arrive at the last minute, allow an extra 15 minutes in your schedule; they close promptly at 1:00 o'clock.

Your pick-up time for the return ride to the airport will be provided to you, when there is a notice/confirmation that is slid under your room door, the night befire departure. You will need this notice/voucher, when you board the return motor coach to the airport.

This is a great service, which you will enjoy. When you land at MCO, be sure that you are wearing your Magic Band, which will be scanned and serve as your voucher for the ride to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter