• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical EBTA 2017

Hi Everyone!
My hubby Mike and I (Monica) are excited to be joining you all on the Transatlantic! We will also be staying on board the Magic for the 7-Night Northern European and the 7-Night Norwegian Fjords before disembarking on June 11 to head to Iceland - truly our "Once in a lifetime" adventure!
I will be lurking the boards to see who is meeting up when and hope to chat with many of you over the next few days on line and at sea!!!
In the meantime, anyone have a good link or list on how to pack for a Transatlantic?
Also, any FEs that might have a spot left for us?
A bientot....
:welcome:

You certainly have booked a splendid vacation. We are spending 2 nights in Iceland after the cruise.

Breakfast at 9 in the main dining room that serves breakfast is the venue for a meet on Sunday morning. If you can join us, please do! We'll meet in the atrium or by the side door if the atrium is being used for a gathering!

I'm Bobbi, husband of 49 years ( as of June 1) is Tom. We are retired, and now live in Cape May NJ. He was an engineer I was a math teacher.

QUOTE="bobbiwoz, post: 57560109, member: 54897"]:welcome:

You certainly have booked a splendid vacation. We are spending 2 nights in Iceland after the cruise.

Breakfast at 9 in the main dining room that serves breakfast is the venue for a meet on Sunday morning. If you can join us, please do! We'll meet in the atrium or by the side door if the atrium is being used for a gathering!

I'm Bobbi, husband of 49 years ( as of June 1) is Tom. We are retired, and now live in Cape May NJ. He was an engineer I was a math teacher.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to meeting you. I am Monica (57) retiring in Sept, married to Mike (64) who is an accountant. The breakfast sounds wonderful! Thanks for the invite!

I've not seen or heard anything specific. All Aboard is 4pm and the Mandatory Lifeboat Assembly Drill is at 4pm, as well. The Sail Away Deck Party is scheduled to begin at 4:15pm, so actual sail away could be anytime from 4:15pm on, depending on several factors (like, are they holding the ship for anyone delayed by DCL-booked flights, are all provisions loaded onboard, etc.) I always get a tad bit emotional when the ship first starts pulling away from the dock at the onset of a cruise (all of my bottled up excitement comes pouring out, literally), but this time will be especially emotional since it's our first tran-Atlantic cruise!!! Can. Not. Wait!!!!!!

Tom is packed, I am in the process, think I have everything out. Tom is out, taking Gus to the kennel. I went to the library to buy some paperbacks to read. I CAN'T WAIT!

Tom is packed, I am in the process, think I have everything out. Tom is out, taking Gus to the kennel. I went to the library to buy some paperbacks to read. I CAN'T WAIT!
Where did the time go?? We never did meet up for lunch!! We will try to meet up for breakfast on Sunday. Today is my ironing day!!!

We've been onboard Disney ships for two PremEAR's: one of the other Pirates movie and Ant Man. So, I'm pretty sure you can count on the new Pirates movie showing at midnight on Thursday, May 25. Watching a Pirates movie onboard a real, moving ship turns it into a 4D experience! Thank goodness the next day is a sea day and we can all sleep in! :)

We were aboard for a premier of a Pirate Movie too and it was loads of fun; entertainment and quizzes and whatnot just waiting for the movie to start was fun, and then yes, 4D!

I hope to join for breakies on Sunday. On the other hand, also hoping that my family (DH and DD with whom I'm travelling) might remember to plan something for Mother's Day, so cannot commit yet. I'm looking forward, no, haven't packed, no, not particularly ready in any other way, yes, have started my FE. Not sure yet re pirate costume, whether whole enchilada or just striped t and rolling up my pants. My thinking is generally this: when my vacation is ONLY the cruise it's easier to justify things like pirate costumes, but when we are spending some additional time in Copenhagen, as we are, then I'm not sure. Whatevs; at this point, as long as I have my meds and my passport and a credit card, sunglasses, a sweater and a swim suit, I'm going to say "ready!"

You're a great group, looking forward to meeting you all. A big shout out to Deb T for organizing the FEs.

You're sweet. :lovestruc Thanks for the compliment. :goodvibes (And, I enjoy the way you write... so humorous!!) :rotfl2:

You'll be pleased to know that I made my FE this afternoon. I took the bag a Star Wars day at sea cooler came in -- Xacto knife and duct tape and...voila!

Oh, and I printed out the lists and deck plans and I circled the cabins where I'll deliver FE Gifts. Now just have to finish them. And pack.

Very creative FE! I'm impressed and can't wait to fill it! ;) Very organized with your circled deck plans, too! Now, get packing! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey folks,

Just signed up so I can post in this thread :),

This is our FIRST Disney Cruise and we are looking forward to it, we will be travelling from England.. to Flordia to come back to England? ;)

My wife and I are travelling with our 15 month old daughter and I think at the last count, I've brought 8 Princess dresses! :) (for her, they don't do my size)

Hey folks,

Just signed up so I can post in this thread :),

This is our FIRST Disney Cruise and we are looking forward to it, we will be travelling from England.. to Flordia to come back to England? ;)

My wife and I are travelling with our 15 month old daughter and I think at the last count, I've brought 8 Princess dresses! :) (for her, they don't do my size)
:welcome:

When are you getting to FL? I hope you love cruising as much as we do!

We are getting to Florida the day before so no WDW for us! :( Next year is almost booked though.

Yeah I've tried to do as much research on this as possible, we've got the unofficial guide and we've been reading as many books as possible.

Obviously, we are a BIT late for this to be officially involved but my wife and I LOVE the idea so we will be bringing some candy from the UK (which feels a bit pointless since it's one of the stops but consider it a sample) and would love to drop some bits off to people's fish extenders if that's okay?

:flower1: LAST CALL TO JOIN THE FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE! :flower1:

I can hardly believe it, but the deadline to join is tomorrow ~ Saturday, April 15!!! ::yes:: If you're on the fence about joining in on all the fun, please do consider participating. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, either by posting here on this thread or sending me a private message ("conversation").

So far, the following groups are confirmed:
Cbardwell
charterchick
Deb T.
For the love of Pooh
Giggles6311
hmhaase
ImNarek
Kerpe
Maple Det
Mommatothebear
mvlimmex
ndloewen
Nutrigirl
Pawdoc Daisy
QueenEleanor
Shawnadb

Wrabitdad

To join, please send me (Deb T.) a “Conversation” by tomorrow night (Saturday, April 15) with the following information:
*Your Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group you want to be in: “No more than 10,” “No more than 20,” or “Sky’s the Limit.”

To send a “Conversation”
Click on my name (Deb T.) in the little box on the top left
Click on “Start a Conversation”
Enter a “Conversation Title”
Under the row of icons, type your message
To send, Click “Start a Conversation” under your message
(FYI: If you are new to the DIS Boards, you will need to have made at least ten posts on DIS Forums before you can send a Private Message.)

On Sunday, April 16, I will send all participants a Private Message (PM) through the DIS Boards with your FE group information. :flower3: Exciting!!!

Obviously, we are a BIT late for this to be officially involved but my wife and I LOVE the idea so we will be bringing some candy from the UK (which feels a bit pointless since it's one of the stops but consider it a sample) and would love to drop some bits off to people's fish extenders if that's okay?

Welcome aboard! That would be great and really nice of you. There are several different groups doing Fish Extender Exchanges onboard. Would you like me to send you a list of the cabins that are participating in our group? Also, if you give me your cabin number, I can see if anyone has extra items to reciprocate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter